[Q] Stuck while "fixing" my SGH-I337

Search This thread

buxtor

Apr 22, 2010
Hello everyone,
I'm a new poster here at XDA , and I've gotten myself into a bit of a predicament. If there are any rules that I happened to skim over that are broken, please let me know! I have performed a search of my issue, but no solution has been procured from what I can tell.

For three days now, I've been trying to fix my phone. Stats below:

Model: SGH-I337 (AT&T Galaxy S4)
Build Number: JSS15J.I337UCUEMK2

I believe that's all that needs to be listed, I'll be able to provide more information upon request if necessary.
I'll try to shorten my story to the key elements: Less than a week ago I tried to root, unlock, and flash a custom ROM to my S4 to no avail. I completed the rooting successfully and I believe I may have bypassed unlocking it via LOKI, but the ROM did not install. Since that failed, I've been trying for three days to completely restore my phone to stock and just deal with Samsung's TouchWiz UI. I can flash (through ODIN) my phone to stock 4.3 and everything is fine except for a lack of WiFi and Data. This is where my conundrum comes in to play.

Knox seems to display a message stating "The device has detected an application attempting to perform actions that are not permitted. These actions have been blocked. It is recommended that you restart your device." anytime that I attempt to turn WiFi on. The widget and the setting in options will attempt to turn on for a split second and turn off prior to displaying this security message. It's as if Knox believes my WiFi is attempting to access parts of my phone that are restricted. My data is able to be turned on in the settings, but no 3g/4g is ever utilized. I figured an update off of 4.3 would help remedy this issue, but I can't seem to update my phone through any other means (ODIN, Kies, no OTA due to no WiFi/Data, etc.).

I've run out of different combinations of the keywords about my problem to search for in Google and any question about my problem was asked approximately April-October 2013, not answered, and not many more similar questions have risen since then.. which leads me to believe that this fix should be relatively easy.

On an S3 forum thread (I know, different device) I read that there could be corruption of my Nandroid system, but I'm not even sure what that entails. The user answering implied that the phone was done for. Again, though, this was a separate thread for another user about a Galaxy S3.

Well, apologies for the wall of text, folks. If you are willing to assist me, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you very much for reading my issue and I hope assistance can be organized.

Have we found an exploit for the bootloader yet?

bux

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

aquas

Nov 26, 2014
same issue with gs4

Hey guys,

Solution confirmed!

I remedied the situation by flashing an NB1 firmware on the device. I'm aware that this firmware has a locked bootloader, but Loki is evidently a solution to that problem. I'll cross that bridge eventually when I cross it.

You guys are terrific and I really appreciate all the assistance that you've offered.

Take care.
hi i am having the same exact issue with my s4 could you tell me step for step what u did to fix yours ? I would greatly appreciate it.. ive tried everything lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What did you use to get back to stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Did you use this tutorial?: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2621279 cause if you didn't, do.

No problem

Hello everyone,
    I'm a new poster here at XDA , and I've gotten myself into a bit of a predicament. If there are any rules that I happened to skim over that are broken, please let me know! I have performed a search of my issue, but no solution has been procured from what I can tell.

For three days now, I've been trying to fix my phone. Stats below:

Model: SGH-I337 (AT&T Galaxy S4)
    Build Number: JSS15J.I337UCUEMK2

I believe that's all that needs to be listed, I'll be able to provide more information upon request if necessary.
    I'll try to shorten my story to the key elements: Less than a week ago I tried to root, unlock, and flash a custom ROM to my S4 to no avail. I completed the rooting successfully and I believe I may have bypassed unlocking it via LOKI, but the ROM did not install. Since that failed, I've been trying for three days to completely restore my phone to stock and just deal with Samsung's TouchWiz UI. I can flash (through ODIN) my phone to stock 4.3 and everything is fine except for a lack of WiFi and Data. This is where my conundrum comes in to play.

Knox seems to display a message stating "The device has detected an application attempting to perform actions that are not permitted. These actions have been blocked. It is recommended that you restart your device." anytime that I attempt to turn WiFi on. The widget and the setting in options will attempt to turn on for a split second and turn off prior to displaying this security message. It's as if Knox believes my WiFi is attempting to access parts of my phone that are restricted. My data is able to be turned on in the settings, but no 3g/4g is ever utilized. I figured an update off of 4.3 would help remedy this issue, but I can't seem to update my phone through any other means (ODIN, Kies, no OTA due to no WiFi/Data, etc.).

I've run out of different combinations of the keywords about my problem to search for in Google and any question about my problem was asked approximately April-October 2013, not answered, and not many more similar questions have risen since then.. which leads me to believe that this fix should be relatively easy.

On an S3 forum thread (I know, different device) I read that there could be corruption of my Nandroid system, but I'm not even sure what that entails. The user answering implied that the phone was done for. Again, though, this was a separate thread for another user about a Galaxy S3.

Well, apologies for the wall of text, folks. If you are willing to assist me, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you very much for reading my issue and I hope assistance can be organized.

Loki is for MF3 not for MK2. So you should just Odin back to stock. Here are the tar files.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2621279.

If that didn't work, then follow ted77USA's guide.

Once you are back on Stock MK2 firmware, here are your options. Have a good read of this guide.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

Be sure to thank the op in the threads that help you & of the developers of the roms you flash. Good luck :fingers-crossed: & remember, reading saves phones.
    Odin can be finicky, try different usb ports, 2.0 not 3.0, and make sure you're using the cable that came with your device. I don't see that your doing anything wrong, keep trying.

Sent from my Nexus 5