{Poll included} Which FUll ICS based rom are YOU looking forward too

Which ICS based rom are you looking forward to the most with the new kernel looming

• Total voters
Search This thread

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
so as we all no Nexx is hard at work getting the 3.0 kernel ready and just about every dev is going to want to use it to fully harness ics on our DS so i wanted to know which ics rom everyone is looking to use as their main one and why, so i'll kick things off

right now i'm leaning towards Blindice as my main rom, i've tried the latest cm9 and a whole load of other ics roms and blindice seems the most stable for me so far, also got the best connectivity out of all the ones i've tried so far

Last edited:

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
so as we all no Nexx is hard at work getting the 3.0 kernel ready and just about every dev is going to want to use it to fully harness ics on our DS so i wanted to know which ics rom everyone is looking to use as their main one and why, so i'll kick things off

right now i'm leaning towards Blindice as my main rom, i've tried the latest cm9 and a whole load of other ics roms and blindice seems the most stable for me so far, also got the best connectivity out of all the ones i've tried so far

Looking forward to what Lowveld does with CM9!

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Nice thread :)
I'm looking forward to Sense based ROMs in the long run, but I don't think they will be ready for a while, to the point where they are customizable with RCTweaks etc.

So I'm looking at CM9. I don't think there will be CM9 Stable so soon. Remember CM7.2 started in December 2010. They got a couple if RC out during January > April. But the final version came October. I'm guessing that officially we will get CM9 RC pretty soon. And the final version with all the tweaks/themes done will come by October like it did with CM7.

If you look at CM9 now, they have a lot of placeholders.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
we will get CM9 RC pretty soon. And the final version with all the tweaks/themes done will come by October like it did with CM7.

If you look at CM9 now, they have a lot of placeholders.

Ahh you may be the one to clear this up for me wats the difference between the rc and stable :s on topic: I used to love cm7 till I realised it was more of a base that everyone seems to use to make some amazing roms cm feels lacking on features for me, I'm looking forward to sense to things like htc watch are quite enticing I must say

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Ahh you may be the one to clear this up for me wats the difference between the rc and stable :s on topic: I used to love cm7 till I realised it was more of a base that everyone seems to use to make some amazing roms cm feels lacking on features for me, I'm looking forward to sense to things like htc watch are quite enticing I must say

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

RC = Release candidate. It is a build that has been tested quite alot, and has potential to become the final build. This is one step ahead of the nightly builds. Then once they decide which is the stablest RC, it becomes the stable/final.

I certainly agree with you. When Reaper first came, I held off it, for some reason I do not know why, but I recently tried Reaper (in fact still on it currently) and its fantastic.

Yeah some sense apps are excellent and are the main reasons I use it, particularly the camera app. Its miles ahead of AOSP ones.

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
RC = Release candidate. It is a build that has been tested quite alot, and has potential to become the final build. This is one step ahead of the nightly builds. Then once they decide which is the stablest RC, it becomes the stable/final.

I certainly agree with you. When Reaper first came, I held off it, for some reason I do not know why, but I recently tried Reaper (in fact still on it currently) and its fantastic.

Yeah some sense apps are excellent and are the main reasons I use it, particularly the camera app. Its miles ahead of AOSP ones.

oh i see, thanks :)

yeah the sense camera is miles ahead for real, some of the ics builds are finally adding panorama but the quality still seems better on endy

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
oh i see, thanks :)

yeah the sense camera is miles ahead for real, some of the ics builds are finally adding panorama but the quality still seems better on endy

I'm not to sure about the actual quality, but the UI of the Sense camera app is better.

Simply because it allows touch-to-focus video, face detection, and instant snap mode.

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
I'm not to sure about the actual quality, but the UI of the Sense camera app is better.

Simply because it allows touch-to-focus video, face detection, and instant snap mode.

you've sold me without trying to lol im flashing my endymion again, for some reason i thought reaper and the rest were meant to have touch to focus and my phone was just wierd *phew*

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
you've sold me without trying to lol im flashing my endymion again, for some reason i thought reaper and the rest were meant to have touch to focus and my phone was just wierd *phew*

God damn, now I'm considering going back to Endymion, just to have face detection back... cool but pointless feature :p

Touch to focus works on the CM camera app, but it doesn't work while shooting video.

How often do you use your cam? I only ever use it during holidays or special events. The last time I used it for proper shots (not just the odd picture) was during Christmas.

If I ever want to go back to Endymion, I'm only a Nandroid away :p

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
God damn, now I'm considering going back to Endymion, just to have face detection back... cool but pointless feature :p

Touch to focus works on the CM camera app, but it doesn't work while shooting video.

How often do you use your cam? I only ever use it during holidays or special events. The last time I used it for proper shots (not just the odd picture) was during Christmas.

If I ever want to go back to Endymion, I'm only a Nandroid away :p

haha im really wierd, i rarely everrrrrr use it but want the app their just in case, i hate having nandroids on my 8gb :( haaa but i just ordered a 32gb so when that comes i'll be switching back and forth on the fly, i cant wait

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
stupid poll is stupid,we will use whichever works best.

it's not stupid.. i would use blindice, but the overwhelming support for a sense based one would make me try that and likely stick with it.. once the kernel is released most of the roms will all get to a point where every feature works.. on all of them.. therefore it will be the extra merits of the roms for example speed, performance, addons, customisability etc, this thread is too see which one people are looking forward to, thats why i said stable

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
I'd like to see a full Sense 4 port, only reason I'm looking forward to Kernel 3.0. That and 60 FPS graphics across ICS ;)

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
whatever

do you not think there are enough of these stupid pointless threads full of speculation ?
stupid poll is stupid,we will use whichever works best.
What happened? get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?.:confused:
The title of the thread makes it clear what you'll expect within it, if you don't like it then don't read it, and please persist from filling it with negativity.:(

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
This thread isn't about speculation. Its about what ROM we are going to use, nothing about when or what the update is going to release.

Don't like it, don't read it.

What happened? get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?.:confused:
The title of the thread makes it clear what you'll expect within it, if you don't like it then don't read it, and please persist from filling it with negativity.:(

thank God some people understand how to read a title

Top Liked Posts