[Q&A][FAQ][Support][Discussion] CSROM and Graviton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
Some of you have expressed an interest in making a donation even though I don't want them (thanks :)).

But if any of you have a few bucks to spare, we have a fellow xda member that could really use the money right now.

Please don't post saying that you donated since I don't want anyone to feel obligated to do it, or feel uncomfortable if they don't. Just be happy knowing you helped someone in need. Thanks!

http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...lletin-please-help-ryan-scott-chiefzreloaded/

aaroncal

May 2, 2010
Kansasss
OnePlus 9
Having trouble with GPS picking up on 1.4 everything is a clean install I have wiped Google service framework and maps but I still can't get GPS to pick up anyone have any sounds advice as how to fix it I am on csrom 1.4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

upndwn4par

Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
Having trouble with GPS picking up on 1.4 everything is a clean install I have wiped Google service framework and maps but I still can't get GPS to pick up anyone have any sounds advice as how to fix it I am on csrom 1.4

I just added 4 links to the FAQs on post #2. Not sure if you tried any of them yet.

aaroncal

May 2, 2010
Kansasss
OnePlus 9
OK so after going back to stock and then using the s3 toolkit I finally got GPS back and back on csrom 1.4.....I guess that will teach me to stop thinking I should try aokp lol I think I'm staying for good this time lol....keep up the good work!! :)

upndwn4par

Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
OK so after going back to stock and then using the s3 toolkit I finally got GPS back and back on csrom 1.4.....I guess that will teach me to stop thinking I should try aokp lol I think I'm staying for good this time lol....keep up the good work!! :)

Didn't this happen to you before? I kinda remember that.

Anyway, glad you got it fixed.

And your timing is great since v1.5 should be out in a few days.

Every once in a while I ask you guys to go hit someone up with some thanks. Well, I'm going to do it again. Didact74 makes some great SGS3 mods that he shares with everyone. He gave us the AOSP lockscreen and clock options we enjoy. So please head over to this thread and hit the man with some thanks (I chose this thread for a reason - hint hint ;))

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2141193

Reactions: aaroncal

aaroncal

May 2, 2010
Kansasss
OnePlus 9
Didn't this happen to you before? I kinda remember that.

Anyway, glad you got it fixed.

And your timing is great since v1.5 should be out in a few days.

Every once in a while I ask you guys to go hit someone up with some thanks. Well, I'm going to do it again. Didact74 makes some great SGS3 mods that he shares with everyone. He gave us the AOSP lockscreen and clock options we enjoy. So please head over to this thread and hit the man with some thanks (I chose this thread for a reason - hint hint ;))

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2141193

Yeah I did it was a different problem though....never again lol.

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
So,

How hard would it be to get 5x6 launcher to flash ? 5 wide and 6 Tall.

It would be awesome if one could...or would pulling one from another ROM work?

Can't find one that works well

Last edited:

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
So,

I've tried. It's a bummer a launcher like nova doesn't offer its many tweakable features without disrupting the TW style (replacing it with aosp theme)

upndwn4par

Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
So,

One from another AT&T 4.1.1 ROM would work. Maybe other ROMs too, but not likely.

Finishing up a CSROM update right now. Before I get back to work on the Graviton update I'll see about whipping up a launcher real quick.

Vukadmos

May 5, 2010
Boston
Have any of you guys had problems with the home button not working? I know it is not hardware related because it worked with the previous ROM I had and the screen lights up when it is locked and I press the home button.

I already flashed twice and the issue persists.

In case it's of relevance, I installed the Razr Launcher with no search bar and almost all the samsung stock apps offered in the Aroma installer except for the 4.2 camera and gallery.

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
Up,

Do you happen to know how to lower the initial volume of a ROM for the headset ? i.e. many ROM's have an increased volume "hack" (of course no one credits it to anyone so it took a while to find the OG)

It's this one:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1722136

Would you know how to do the opposite ? I see the files that get modified and when opened with root explorer it mentioned using SQlite editor to alter but I can say I know enough to really tackle head one. The thread is fairly dead and the only one I found on here. I wan't to see if I can implement it on Graviton for my personal use. Thanks !

jrock79

May 3, 2007
Somewhere in the U.S.
Have any of you guys had problems with the home button not working? I know it is not hardware related because it worked with the previous ROM I had and the screen lights up when it is locked and I press the home button.

I already flashed twice and the issue persists.

In case it's of relevance, I installed the Razr Launcher with no search bar and almost all the samsung stock apps offered in the Aroma installer except for the 4.2 camera and gallery.

I'm dealing with this issue.

jc1988

Feb 25, 2013
Gravton new version

Hi do you recommend when comming from graviton 1.1 to do a full wipe for 1.2 or just flash it works

ah2zee

Feb 27, 2013
bristol
voicemail.

I don't know if i miss the post,, but i haven't seen anyone ask the question about voice-mail? My voice-mail app is gone for sprint sg3. Is this something new or I'm missing something .. over all love the ROM. Its the best one i tired so far... Battery life is amazing!

I use to have a voice mail app now when i get voice-mail it text me a message on calling another number but then the number don't work. Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CSROM & Graviton Support and Discussion Thread

This thread was created in response to a new xda initiative to reduce non-development related posts on development threads.

An added benefit of a thread here is that users with under 10 posts can get some help (and won't have to PM me).

I will maintain just one thread (hopefully this works) for both ROMs and all carriers to help preserve my sanity. :eek:

Please be sure to specify which ROM you are using and the carrier.

Below are some examples of common types of posts and where they belong

Q&A and FAQ Thread:
    "What kernel gives the best battery life with this ROM?"

"Is Nova launcher compatible with this ROM?"

"The battery life for this ROM is off the chizarts!"

"The battery life for this ROM is total crap!"

"I just flashed this ROM and my GPS doesn't work. :crying:"

Development Thread:
    "The new cellular data toggle isn't working (confirmed by another user)?"

"I keep getting FC's from SystemUI. Any thoughts?"

"I selected the green battery icons in Aroma but it installed the blues ones (I checked twice)."

"I just flashed this ROM and it bricked my device! :mad:"

"The battery life for this ROM is off the chizarts!
    (see attached screenshots from Better Battery Stats)."

"The battery life for this ROM is total crap!
    (see attached screenshots from Better Battery Stats)."

There are exceptions to the examples above. If you are using a port and your GPS doesn't work I need to know that.

It will probably take some time for threads like this to evolve, so I am definitely open to feedback.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can I change the lockscreen wallpaper to a pic in my gallery?
    A: You must use the Samsung gallery.

Q: Why won't the circle widget work with the TW launcher?
    A: The circle widget currently only works with the RAZR M launcher.

Q: The AOSP lockscreen keeps freezing. What's up with that?
    A: All lockscreen options must be unchecked when using the AOSP lockscreen.

Q: Why does my phone keep freezing up when I use Light Flow?
    A: Light Flow seems to be incompatible with the AOSP lockscreen. I don't recommend using the two together.

Q: Why doesn't Wifi Direct work?
    A: I don't know.

Q: Where can I find all the stock apps you removed?
    A: The DR App Machine.

Q: My GPS isn't working. Any suggestions?
    A: Link1, Link2, Link3, Link4, Link5, Link6.

OK...one more....
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    I'm running the ROM and it's great. Smooth flow and love the added Razor features. The only problem is when I try to change wallpaper from my gallery, the gallery forces closed. I've cleared the cache, cleared memory and forced stopped the app then rebooted. It still forces closed. Any fixes?
    If you are trying to change the lockscreen wallpaper using the Note2 gallery, this is a known issue (see post #3).

I have the correct carrier selected in Aroma and my APN settings are as they should be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Not sure what to tell you at this point. No one has had total MMS failure. Stock doesn't work for Verizon users, but that's it.