[GUIDE] How to fix battery drain on 4.4.2 Roms

Search This thread

viktorfk

May 3, 2013
Ok, I've been experiencing battery drain on latest 4.4.2 roms like Resurrection Remix and Mokee, and finally I've solved it, searching on the internet I found that the problem was related to wi-fi keeping the phone awake, it didn't entered on deep sleep, first I thought it was because of location services creating a wakelock but that wasn't the case, the problem is your router configuration, this is how you solve it:

1. You have to go to your router configuration webpage, mines 192.168.1.1 on my internet browser.

2. You have to look for your wireless advanced settings, we're looking for this settings:

wasd1.png

Here's the trick, if your router is affected and is causing you wakelocks, default value of Beacon Interval will be 100, and DTIM Interval will be something like 1.

DTIM interval is how many intervals the router buffers data, so that devices in sleep mode will wake up and catch the information. Default on many affected routers is 1, meaning that the phone wakes up for every bacon, or 10 times per second.

Beacon Interval should be reduced to 50. This may seem counterintuitive, but your phone, if it mistimes waking for a beacon, will stay awake until the next beacon. This cuts that wake time in half, thus conserving battery.

3. Change the value of DTIM interval to "30", and Beacon interval to "50".

4. Reboot your router.

You should notice improved battery life, I also revoked auth permissions of Google Search app for keeping the phone awake and location, you guys could try that too.

Hope this helps, please let me know if this worked for you guys :D

Source

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, I've been experiencing battery drain on latest 4.4.2 roms like Resurrection Remix and Mokee, and finally I've solved it, searching on the internet I found that the problem was related to wi-fi keeping the phone awake, it didn't entered on deep sleep, first I thought it was because of location services creating a wakelock but that wasn't the case, the problem is your router configuration, this is how you solve it:

1. You have to go to your router configuration webpage, mines 192.168.1.1 on my internet browser.

2. You have to look for your wireless advanced settings, we're looking for this settings:

wasd1.png

Here's the trick, if your router is affected and is causing you wakelocks, default value of Beacon Interval will be 100, and DTIM Interval will be something like 1.

DTIM interval is how many intervals the router buffers data, so that devices in sleep mode will wake up and catch the information. Default on many affected routers is 1, meaning that the phone wakes up for every bacon, or 10 times per second.

Beacon Interval should be reduced to 50. This may seem counterintuitive, but your phone, if it mistimes waking for a beacon, will stay awake until the next beacon. This cuts that wake time in half, thus conserving battery.

3. Change the value of DTIM interval to "30", and Beacon interval to "50".

4. Reboot your router.

You should notice improved battery life, I also revoked auth permissions of Google Search app for keeping the phone awake and location, you guys could try that too.

Hope this helps, please let me know if this worked for you guys :D

Source