[Q] How Much RAM is Used Upon Boot?

Search This thread

GoldfishTX

Jan 8, 2012
Glasgow
To get an idea of how the LG overlay compares to TouchWiz. . .how much RAM is used when you first turn on your LG G3?

I have about 600mb free (using about 1.2 GB) after boot on my international D855 (no carrier bloatware) running ART. I haven't really tinkered with it much to see how much more free RAM I can squeeze out of it.

Reactions: Enddo

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
When you guys say no bloatware, what exactly have you removed because you could be removing different things thus the impact of your results could be quite different

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
does any RAM usage change if you use the Google Now Launcher, or Nova Launcher and boot up?

Just tried the google now launcher and the ram usage is exactly the same which is odd as I would of thought it would be less with a different launcher..

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

My mates Nexus 5 has 1.2Gb free of 2Gb (600mb used) to put it into perspective, wow this G3 uses a of RAM on startup this thing should have 3Gb as default on both the 16 and 32Gb variants.

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
Just tried the google now launcher and the ram usage is exactly the same which is odd as I would of thought it would be less with a different launcher..

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

My mates Nexus 5 has 1.2Gb free of 2Gb (600mb used) to put it into perspective, wow this G3 uses a of RAM on startup this thing should have 3Gb as default on both the 16 and 32Gb variants.

thanks for the heads up, and I agree, the 3GB variant is really the only way to go

are you seeing lag in any of these launchers? I've read some people complaining about the stock UI lagging. I was hoping this would be eliminated by using Google Now launcher. Maybe a custom ROM is the best way to go. I was hoping to get all that LG software optimizations from their stock software though

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
thanks for the heads up, and I agree, the 3GB variant is really the only way to go

are you seeing lag in any of these launchers? I've read some people complaining about the stock UI lagging. I was hoping this would be eliminated by using Google Now launcher. Maybe a custom ROM is the best way to go. I was hoping to get all that LG software optimizations from their stock software though

I use the knock code which doesn't work with any other launcher than the G3 one and seen some lag but it's not all the time and mostly when swiping between screens on the app drawer.

GoldfishTX

Jan 8, 2012
Glasgow

Nova launcher is about the same. I don't really have any lag on the stock ui. Nova is terrible though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To get an idea of how the LG overlay compares to TouchWiz. . .how much RAM is used when you first turn on your LG G3?

I have about 600mb free (using about 1.2 GB) after boot on my international D855 (no carrier bloatware) running ART. I haven't really tinkered with it much to see how much more free RAM I can squeeze out of it.

Exactly the same amount as my D855 (Three branded but no bloatware)
    What I mean is that I have a non-carrier branded phone, and it has no carrier added bloatware on it.
    does any RAM usage change if you use the Google Now Launcher, or Nova Launcher and boot up?

I use the knock code which doesn't work with any other launcher than the G3 one and seen some lag but it's not all the time and mostly when swiping between screens on the app drawer.