[A700/A701][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.1.0 Touch Recovery

Search This thread

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
so here is the kmsg.

so here is test #2 please give a kmsg and what version it shows

fyi: i could just make selinux permissive but that wouldn't be a proper solution fixing it is a better way ;)

Edit: for version number i decided later to create an sub version number for testing purposes (2.7.0.0.1) but i commited while building and don't know if it was catched up...

Last edited:

peter_altherr

Apr 5, 2004
Diriomo, Granada
a70x_twrp-2.7_fuse_exfat#2.img causes a recovery bootloop: after booting into recovery the blue teamwin bootscreen appears, stays for some seconds, then black screen and again the blue teamwin bootscreen and so on...

flashing back to the prior version using flashifiy worked out without any problem.

Last edited:

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
a70x_twrp-2.7_fuse_exfat#2.img causes a recovery bootloop: after booting into recovery the blue teamwin bootscreen appears, stays for some seconds, then black screen and again the blue teamwin bootscreen and so on...

flashing back to the prior version using flashifiy worked out without any problem.

you've got adb set up? so may try grabing a dmesg of the bootloop? no clue whats going on there :eek:

ah and the recovery.log would also be useful

i'll recompile without version changing i may wasn't on twrp branch with device:confused:

Last edited:

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
so here we go again and always provide dmesg/kmsg and recovery.log without i'm totally blind... ;)

peter_altherr

Apr 5, 2004
Diriomo, Granada
please find attached latest recovery dmesg taken from a70x_twrp-2.7_fuse_exfat#2.img which has the bootloop problem. i have no idea where to find the recovery.log. if you could advise where to find that log and how to access it. meanwhile i am going to test your latest release.

Attachments

• dmesg.log.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
please find attached latest recovery dmesg taken from a70x_twrp-2.7_fuse_exfat#2.img which has the bootloop problem. i have no idea where to find the recovery.log. if you could advise where to find that log and how to access it. meanwhile i am going to test your latest release.

dmesg is not attached ;) and log is in /sdcard/recovery.log or /data/media/recovery.log

EDIT: ok to fast^^

Last edited:

peter_altherr

Apr 5, 2004
Diriomo, Granada
i was to slow and the forum software did not accept my log of 99.6kb so i had to zip it. i am going to attach the recovery.log also as soon as i find it. give me some minutes.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

there is no recovery.log on the device. i searched every folder with estrongs filemanager and nothing. now i am going to try #3 recovery.

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
i was to slow and the forum software did not accept my log of 99.6kb so i had to zip it. i am going to attach the recovery.log also as soon as i find it. give me some minutes.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

there is no recovery.log on the device. i searched every folder with estrongs filemanager and nothing. now i am going to try #3 recovery.

ok it looks like you may can get it with adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

edit: there're at least no more errors from selinux but the worse is there're no more errors from kernel side so i have to find them somewhere else (may recovery.log) i may try then with exfat from kernel and not fuse...

Last edited:

peter_altherr

Apr 5, 2004
Diriomo, Granada
last action for me tonight. got to sleep soon. i flashed your recovery #3 and it gives me bootloops. attached you find the dmesg and recovery.log. good luck for your research and again thank you very much for your efforts to get that thing running. over and out for today.

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
last action for me tonight. got to sleep soon. i flashed your recovery #3 and it gives me bootloops. attached you find the dmesg and recovery.log. good luck for your research and again thank you very much for your efforts to get that thing running. over and out for today.

the next thing is to test the filesystem if it's still intact after all this testing to be sure this doesn't give problems...

then one more fuse-exfat test and after that if it still doesn't work i'll go for kernel exfat...

g'night :good:

you're a very welcome tester ;)

EDIT: here's the last fuse-exfat test don't expect much may also be just a bootloop

Last edited:
Reactions: peter_altherr

peter_altherr

Apr 5, 2004
Diriomo, Granada
unfortunately no good news. a70x_twrp-2.7_kernel_exfat.img only gives me bootloops as the prior versions. for testing reasons i flashed then cwm 6.0.4.4 and by doing this i got back a working recovery. by the way cwm 6.0.4.4 is able to backup to my exfat sdcard. backup process is still running. after finishing i like to flash a70x_twrp-2.7_kernel_exfat.img again to make sure the error did not come from a badly flashed recovery. will post the news soon this evening.

edit: no better news. a70x_twrp-2.7_kernel_exfat.img keeps getting bootloops.

Last edited:

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
unfortunately no good news. a70x_twrp-2.7_kernel_exfat.img only gives me bootloops as the prior versions. for testing reasons i flashed then cwm 6.0.4.4 and by doing this i got back a working recovery. by the way cwm 6.0.4.4 is able to backup to my exfat sdcard. backup process is still running. after finishing i like to flash a70x_twrp-2.7_kernel_exfat.img again to make sure the error did not come from a badly flashed recovery. will post the news soon this evening.

edit: no better news. a70x_twrp-2.7_kernel_exfat.img keeps getting bootloops.

no logs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi here i bring to you TWRP Touch Recovery.

It looks like everything is working.

Main features successfully tested.

Installation:

flash it with flashify from play store or via fastboot using following command:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery a70x_twrp-2.7.1.0.img

Download:

a70x_twrp-2.7.1.0.img

Additional info:

official site including changelog

source

Device specific changelog:

look at my github it's up to date

Code:
    20140707:
    - change vold to auto to allow more fs

credits to pawitp and TWRP Team

just press thanks

XDA:DevDB Information
    [A700/A701] TWRP Touch Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Acer Iconia A700 and A510

Contributors
    Elibl

Version Information

Created 2014-07-16
    Last Updated 2014-07-16
    I'll build one ;)
    Do you think the A510 users will get a new version too? :eek: (finger-crossed)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51006498
    For sure but sorry I need some time it looks like I can't compile it anymore the way I did before so I need to sync omni sources...
    Is there a chance to get an updated version. The reason why I am asking is that I always get errno=13 unable to create folder /external_sd/TWRP when I try to make a backup on my 64gb microsdxc with exFAT. It seems there is a problem in TWRP while writing on exFAT formatted flash media.

I would do it myself compiling TWRP from sources but this is far beyond my knowledge.

Greetings

Peter

Sent from my A700 using XDA Premium HD app

For sure going to compile as soon as i've got time I think I know the fix need to have a look just was to lazy to investigate it further

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk
    I'm on it but it's not very easy as our recovery partition is getting to small again even with lzma compression which gave us some space lately. But now I need to compile a smaller kernel to suite it and ran into some issues... Give me some time :)