[Q]

Search This thread

jezi251

May 11, 2014
I have HTC One X- AT&T(Evita) With S4 processor. In fastboot, First three Lines are:

Tempered
S off

I went through complete process, mentioned at HTC devs, but un-successful. the following error occured:

Error 160
MID not allowed

I have to change CID, but for doing this, i must have root access.

Please anybody guide me step by step procedure to root/bootloader unlock?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You don't need root access, because you have s-off. You can simply use fastboot to change the CID to SuperCID.

Code:
fastboot oem writecid 11111111

Next time, do a bit of research before creating a thread. Pretty much every question you could think of asking has been asked, and answered within our forum. Check out all of the links in my signature, almost everything you'll ever need can be found there.

Sent from my Evita

jezi251

May 11, 2014
Again Question sir

I have HTC One X- AT&T(Evita) With S4 processor. In fastboot, First three Lines are:

Tempered
S ON

I went through complete process, mentioned at HTC devs, but un-successful. the following error occured:

Error 160
MID not allowed

Please anybody guide me step by step procedure to root/bootloader unlock?[/QUOTE]

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro

Tempered
S ON

Error 160
MID not allowed

Please anybody guide me step by step procedure to root/bootloader unlock?

The at&t CID is blocked at htcdev, so you need to get SuperCID in order to unlock your bootloader. Reading the stickied threads (specifically the Evita FAQ thread) in the section you've just posted in world have uncovered this information. You're gonna want to read all of the threads in my signature so you can familiarise yourself with this device, and so you don't ask a question that's already been asked and answered a million times before.

Please post your hboot version, you'll find that in your bootloader screen.

You said earlier that you have s-off, why it s-on now?

Sent from my Evita

jezi251

May 11, 2014
Evita pvt ship s-on
HBOOT-2.14.0000
Earlier mistaken s off written

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

jezi251

May 11, 2014
First I have to root it for cid change whts the procedure in this situation??

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

jezi251

May 11, 2014
recovery

when i follow the procedure of rooting...when it goes to recovery screen (white one) its wait for 5 to 8 seconds and then restart normally..i can't goto recovery ..why??

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
That doesn't really make sense. The recovery screen isn't white, are you talking about the bootloader? And can you please be more specific about what's happening? I can't help you if you're giving vague two sentence posts like that.

Sent from my Evita

jezi251

May 11, 2014
twrp

when i install twrp 2.7..after enter the recovery mode white htc scree appears...when i install twrp 2.2.0..on recovery it opens but touch screen don't works no button works just power button works which locks the twrp...can u send me valid link of twrp 2.7 because at twrp website at 99% downloading stops...

jezi251

May 11, 2014
details of my evita

Why did you flash 2.7 if it didn't download completely? That's a surefire way to brick your phone. The md5 wouldn't have matched either. You'll find downloads here:

http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/evita

Sent from my Evita

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 2.14.0000
version-baseband: 0.24p.32.09.06
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main:
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
serialno: HT26GW303783

product: evita
platform: HBOOT-8960
modelid: PJ8310000
cidnum: 11111111
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4141mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-97c9a06e
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

can i update my jb to 4.3??how?

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 2.14.0000
version-baseband: 0.24p.32.09.06
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main:
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
serialno: HT26GW303783
imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
product: evita
platform: HBOOT-8960
modelid: PJ8310000
cidnum: 11111111
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4141mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-97c9a06e
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

can i update my jb to 4.3??how?

First thing you need to do is edit your IMEI out of that post, never post your IMEI publicly. It looks like you've successfully gotten s-off now too which is good. What kind of ROM do you want?

Sent from my Evita

jezi251

May 11, 2014
rom

First thing you need to do is edit your IMEI out of that post, never post your IMEI publicly. It looks like you've successfully gotten s-off now too which is good. What kind of ROM do you want?

Sent from my Evita

i want that rom which works perfectly not issue of baseband,network ...etc...can u suggest me correct rom regarding to my specifications..now i upgraded my hboot to 2.15..:p

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
i want that rom which works perfectly not issue of baseband,network ...etc...can u suggest me correct rom regarding to my specifications..now i upgraded my hboot to 2.15..:p

I actually meant do you want a Sense ROM or an aosp ROM? Asking which ROM is best/most stable/fastest/prettiest, or asking for a suggestion isn't allowed so I can't answer that, here's why. To say one ROM is better is to infer that the others are inferior in some way. This is disrespectful to the devs who spend their spare time bringing us these awesome ROMs free of charge. Each user has different tastes anyway, the best way to see which ROM suits you is to flash a few and find out for yourself.

Our dev sections are as follows:

One XL Android Development (mainly Sense ROMs)

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1541

One XL Original Android Development (aosp ROMs)

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1726

Have a look through the available ROMs and pick one you think will suit you.

Sent from my Evita

jezi251

May 11, 2014
recovery

i want to update my recovery from 2.7.0.0 to 2.7.1.0..when i insert fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0 in CMD
error:cannot open 'openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0'...
because i want to install A.P rom or carbon or candy cat..
justnow i have 4.1.1 stock version,s-off,tempered, hboot 2.15
help me!!
when i try to install any rom by twrp 2.7.0.0 it gives error ..only cm11 snapshot installs but sometimes it hangs ...so i restore to 4.1.1...

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Is that the exact command you're giving? It looks like you're missing the ".zip" on the end of the filename. For example, if the filename is "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0.zip" then the command should look like this:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0.zip

If you have filename extensions (.exe, .doc, .zip) turned off in Windows, this could be the reason why you're missing the extension from the command.

Sent from my Evita

jezi251

May 11, 2014
recovery

Is that the exact command you're giving? It looks like you're missing the ".zip" on the end of the filename. For example, if the filename is "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0.zip" then the command should look like this:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0.zip

If you have filename extensions (.exe, .doc, .zip) turned off in Windows, this could be the reason why you're missing the extension from the command.

Sent from my Evita

i have also tried with .zip ext but it not works