Working launchers list

Search This thread

muthafuq

Dec 20, 2012
ICS to default launcher

Question is, how do i default ICS on non rooted Fire HD? it installed fine and works fine but cant get it to default unless I am just missing something.

Reason for not rooting is i cant get the drivers to install on windows 8. I have had many android devices from the g1 to the evo to galaxies this was a xmas present and i am just new to the kindle generation. Any help would be appreciated. No need to barney it to me, give it to me straight

Astarioth

Feb 10, 2012
ADW Launcher EX

Hi,
i have a Kindle Fire HD 7" with Kindle OS 7.2.3 (unrooted). I have installed
the payed version of ADW launcher EX (from Android Pit).

If i try to add a widget (long press homescreen => add widget), the
popup menu closes and nothing happens.

Is there a way to get the widgets running ? I have installed "Accuweather"
and "wetter.com", but there is no widget selectable.

Reboot doesn´t help...

b3kool

Aug 13, 2008
Ho Chi Minh
Hi guys,
I've rooted my KFHD7, installed Google Play Store and Go Launcher EX then reboot, but still can't choose between Launchers!
Any ideas please!
Thanks!

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
Here's what launchers I got to work unrooted
go launcher ex
Adw ex
Dx home
go launcher ex hd

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

rege420

Apr 30, 2012
How did you get go launcher to work? It won't work on my 8.9

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
Use bar shortcut app that works best it puts things you choose in the pull down bar

sent from my kindle fire hd

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
I will upload it

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Its in 1 mobile market just type bar shortcut it has a blue box with a arrow in it

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
I downloaded it off the go launcher website also you need pro launcher so you can pick things in the bar shortcut application

rege420

Apr 30, 2012
Not sure what your talking about downloaded both apps one won't even show up an I still can't use go launcher

Dec 3, 2012
It's in Florida
Not sure what your talking about downloaded both apps one won't even show up an I still can't use go launcher

Are you rooted? If so, in order to download a launcher you can't just download it directly from the app store. The easiest method (I believe) is to find the apk file of the launcher you want, and to move it to the system/app folder and changing the permissions to rw-r--r-- then reboot the Kindle (no install necessary).

It should work then, but post back if you have any problems.

rege420

Apr 30, 2012
Are you rooted? If so, in order to download a launcher you can't just download it directly from the app store. The easiest method (I believe) is to find the apk file of the launcher you want, and to move it to the system/app folder and changing the permissions to rw-r--r-- then reboot the Kindle (no install necessary).

It should work then, but post back if you have any problems.

No I'm not rooted. I just got my kindle and don't want to brick it or void the warranty. Plus I hear Amazon likes to force updates and unrooted anyway

mattamous

Jan 4, 2011
Boise, ID
Anyone figure out how to add widgets in adw? Or switching wallpapers? Kfhd 7 unrooted for now...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

vlavlix

Dec 10, 2012
ADW ex

I have the ADW ex working, but when I try to add widgets it does nothing.. anyone help please?:eek:

Katalystik

Jan 6, 2013
Seeing as the stock UI doesn't include the android widgets I believe Amazon have removed them from their forked Android. Not sure if finding the apk's for the widgets and putting them where they go on normal android devices would work, someone would have to try.

Reactions: bbanghyung

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks! which launcher would you suggest? are there any you can just download off play without further ado?

Apex launcher works very well for me. Lots of controls - if you use 'em. Mostly, it just looks clean, and the maker took some pains to make sure that it worked well.
    Widgets menu doesn't open in go launcher. Help?

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app
    Seeing as the stock UI doesn't include the android widgets I believe Amazon have removed them from their forked Android. Not sure if finding the apk's for the widgets and putting them where they go on normal android devices would work, someone would have to try.
    You need to install a widget picker app. Stericson's kindlefree app does this for you.

I'm using kindle fire hd 7.2.3, unrooted, & allowed installationof 3rd party apps but when I try to install Apex Launcher or Go Launcher Ex or Go launcher HD it says that it installs but there's no evidence of it being installed even after reboot. So, I read here that someone suggested using "bar shortcut" downloaded and installed via 1mobile - but when I go there i can download 1mobile's apk but then Kindle says 'cannot open file' when I try to install it.

Sorry to be so lame .(I'm a noob to this site& to kindle, but not a noob to android and I have used Go Launcher on my android phone before)
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thx

You must be rooted in order to install launchers, no way around it sorry.

If you need help rooting your kindle I suggest using prokennexusa's "How to" guide. It is specifically designed for those who are beginners at these sort of things:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069117

Afterwards also make sure to check out his "How to" for installing Go Launcher:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069668

Ultimately it is up to you though, it is YOUR Kindle after all. I hope this helped! ;)