5,599,190 Members 35,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide]Updating to Honeycomb

Tip us?

Bam-Bamm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Your directions are great. I was skeptical at first, but I just did it and boom. It's done! I really do wish I had my 4g speed back though.

Dell Streak 7 / HC 3.2 / Now to root the tablet again! Gosh darn it, why isn't there an easy way?
Galaxy Mega 6.3, "That's the biggest one I've ever seen!" Seriously, that's what she said!!!!!
Thanks xda developers and all who contribute to this website.

alex04210
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The link doesn't work - update.pkg for US 4G
http://mobileupdate.dell.com/Package...1_19534_30.pkg

please, help me to find this file

metalchef
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Talking where's the THANK-YOU button?!

seriously...

how I missed this post is BEYOND ME. (yeah, I know: metalchef = fail).

At the outset of receiving the WiFI only tablet, I was able to update to Dell's official honeycomb via OTA... however, the tablet was/is for my wife, who wasn't quite ready for honeycomb at the time, so I flashed back to stock 2.2.2. ... since then, however, none of the (official) pkg's would work (either signature verification mismatch or FOTA mismatch). And of course, I would flash the respective 5x release's recovery FIRST....all failed.

So...yeah: BIG HUUUUGE most-METAL thanks for them zip files (didn't want to give her honeystreak -- no disrespect to DJ_Steve, of course).

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 742

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex04210 View Post
The link doesn't work - update.pkg for US 4G
http://mobileupdate.dell.com/Package...1_19534_30.pkg

please, help me to find this file
I just used the link and it works just fine

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM10.1

Samsung Galaxy S IV i9505 - Omega ROM v19 ML6
Talexop Kernel v1.3
Viper4Android Audio
3minit .5 4.3 Framework

nimeshchanchani
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Question which Rom for using unlocked T-moble Streak7 4g in India

I have an unlocked T-Mobile streak7 4G from US . I want to use it with 3G in India. Should i flash the european 3G version or the US 4G version? As I understand i need to flash the US 4G version as the Hardware has been configured to accept those drivers only.

But , a German guy in an earlier thread posted that he flashed the European 3G version and its working fine for him. This makes me wonder , if the hardware device is same but configured differently?

we use the 2100 freq band for 3G in india.

mokstone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm still trying to fix this. I think the issue is that in Method Two, the instructions on step 4 say "Install with clockwork mod (Select install zip from internal sd card)" but how do I get update.zip onto the internal sd card? I can copy update.zip onto an EXTERNAL sd card, but CWM doesn't give me the option to install from an external card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagahtom View Post
Maybe this will help you.....

You can download an MD5 checker off the internet and run it against the ROM that you downloaded. The numbers should match. I don't see the checksum listed in the original post so you can re-download the ROM if you think your 1st download didn't come in good. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about that.

Since you are in cwm, I'd suggest you use the Method TWO instructions. (They are correct and they work)

METHOD TWO:
Instructions:

1. Install clockwork mod 3.0 (You probably have 3.0 or version 5.0 (blue text))
2. Download the correct zip: (Make sure you got the right update and
put it in the /sdcard directory)
* update.zip for EU 3G
* update.zip for EU Wifi
* update.zip for US 4G
* update.zip for US Wifi

3. Suggestion: Hold off on this Reboot and stay in cwm OR reboot and go back into cwm
do: Factory reset from main cwm menu
do: Wipe Dalvik from advance cwm menu

4. Install with clockwork mod (Select install zip from internal sd card)
5. Factory reset your device (Select this from the initial cwm menu)
6. Optional: Install clockwork mod 5.0 (Do this if you're not on cwm mod 5.0)
7. Optional: Root your device
8. Go back to main window and reboot (give it plenty of time to boot)

Hope this helps.

zorrosbladez
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default it works

Just got done rooting and upgrading my DS7 TMO to 3.2 using CWM and the update.zip the missing link in all that i read was copying the update.zip file was mounting the USB and transferring the update.zip to the internal card folder then selecting where the file was to load from after i did that and rebooted it worked Finally 3.2 HC is on my TMO DS7 and everything is working fine ..... whew!!!

zorrosbladez
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokstone View Post
I'm still trying to fix this. I think the issue is that in Method Two, the instructions on step 4 say "Install with clockwork mod (Select install zip from internal sd card)" but how do I get update.zip onto the internal sd card? I can copy update.zip onto an EXTERNAL sd card, but CWM doesn't give me the option to install from an external card.

When your in CSM you can -mount the USB and while its attached to your PC you will be able to move your zip file to the Folder the sdcard folder there,once the file has been transferred from your PC to your DS7 folder you can un-mount the USB and then scroll up and select your file, then install it.
I just got done doing mine today and its working with no problems And i have the TMO version of the DS7.

zorrosbladez
Old
(Last edited by zorrosbladez; 7th April 2012 at 04:17 AM.) Reason: miss spells
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default anyone try the 514 Build?

has anyone tried the 514 build for latest G4 ROM? and is there a zip version available for it?Or what is needed to get this on the DS7?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagahtom View Post
Maybe this will help you.....

You can download an MD5 checker off the internet and run it against the ROM that you downloaded. The numbers should match. I don't see the checksum listed in the original post so you can re-download the ROM if you think your 1st download didn't come in good. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about that.

Since you are in cwm, I'd suggest you use the Method TWO instructions. (They are correct and they work)

METHOD TWO:
Instructions:

1. Install clockwork mod 3.0 (You probably have 3.0 or version 5.0 (blue text))
2. Download the correct zip: (Make sure you got the right update and
put it in the /sdcard directory)
* update.zip for EU 3G
* update.zip for EU Wifi
* update.zip for US 4G
* update.zip for US Wifi

3. Suggestion: Hold off on this Reboot and stay in cwm OR reboot and go back into cwm
do: Factory reset from main cwm menu
do: Wipe Dalvik from advance cwm menu

4. Install with clockwork mod (Select install zip from internal sd card)
5. Factory reset your device (Select this from the initial cwm menu)
6. Optional: Install clockwork mod 5.0 (Do this if you're not on cwm mod 5.0)
8. Go back to main window and reboot (give it plenty of time to boot)

Hope this helps.
I think everyone that's reading this instruction is missing what is needs to be done between step 1 and step 2. They need to select -mount the internal sdcard to move the file there, once the file is moved to the folder you wanted to load from your PC assuming it connected via USB cable and then unmount before moving to the next steps.I think alot of noob's (including me)are trying to load from the external sdcard. Just a little observation in all the messages in this forum I just got finished updating the 514 build and it took care of a few small issues i was having with the 506 build The 514 was easy to do because the 506 was already done Thanks everyone !!!

myktek
Old
(Last edited by myktek; 5th April 2012 at 07:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii View Post
Intro:
METHOD ONE:
Instructions:
  1. Flash with fastboot (if needed):
  2. Download the correct pkg:
  3. Rename pkg to 'update.pkg' and copy to 'sdcard'
  4. Reboot
  5. Flash with 'Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card'
  6. Optional: Install clockwork mod 5.0
Hello, I need some help, this is what I'm doing.

Step 1, didn't need to do it since I'm already on 2.2.2 or do I still need to do this still?

Step 2, downloaded the "update.pkg for US 4G" since I have a Tmobile Dell Streak 7 w/ 4g.

Step 3, renamed LG7-820Urnamed_506to401_19534_30.pkg to update.pkg.
I tried copying it to the internal sdcard in the root directory, internal sdcard in a sdcard directory, internal sdcard in the sdcard2 directory, external sdcard in the root directory and external sdcard in a sdcard directory.

Step 4, reboot and hold down Vol Up and Power.

Step 5, select 'Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card' and then hit Power again to install the package and it gives me the FOTA Mismatch Model error or a Decrypt error.