Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[2014.07.09] DSLR Controller v0.99.5 BETA

OP Chainfire

1st April 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #1551  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Thanks for this.
Just bought, working great on my Viewsonic G-Tablet with my 5D Mark II and my 1D mark III
Viewsonic is running DRH's ICS.
2nd April 2012, 12:55 AM   |  #1552  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 299
 
1,795 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Only Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich have a gallery that does this. If DSLR Controller is being used on a Gingerbread device, the gallery app will not offer to be opened. Also beware that the galley app (as far as I know) only imports the JPGs.

Got it, and I know it only imports the jpgs, thus shooting in RAW+JPG is a must.
2nd April 2012, 09:54 PM   |  #1553  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I personally was not a fan of the 5Dm2 either. I have never owned one, but I have borrowed one several times to test on, I've always been annoyed somehow with how the device handled. In the same way, I'm also not that fond of the 50D. The 5Dm3 however is different, from the first moment you pick it up, it just feels a lot more right. And it's capabilities are stellar!

The official ICS release for SGS2 supports DSLR Controller without root. It should be available on KIES.

DSLR Controller works like a charm on XLPS and I now staying on ISC on my Galaxy S2. I use Mobile Odin for updates and KIES does tells me all the time that there is no update for my phone available. I had to freeze (Titanium Backup) the Samsung software-update because it was all the time in the the status bar.

I will try the 5Dm3 next time when I am the camera shop.
3rd April 2012, 02:22 PM   |  #1554  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I personally was not a fan of the 5Dm2 either. I have never owned one, but I have borrowed one several times to test on, I've always been annoyed somehow with how the device handled. In the same way, I'm also not that fond of the 50D. The 5Dm3 however is different, from the first moment you pick it up, it just feels a lot more right. And it's capabilities are stellar!

The official ICS release for SGS2 supports DSLR Controller without root. It should be available on KIES.



Only Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich have a gallery that does this. If DSLR Controller is being used on a Gingerbread device, the gallery app will not offer to be opened. Also beware that the galley app (as far as I know) only imports the JPGs.


I have my SGS2 upgraded to ICS 4.0.3 today. but still cant import the camera's photos (*.jpg format of course) thru the gallery. The popup said I could choose DSLR Controller as default for USB connection but the gallery.
Please advise.
Thanks
3rd April 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #1555  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
I just tried the first official 1.0 ICS firmware for the Aurora. Very strange behaviour. It worked fine for a minute, then crashed out and now continually gives me the 'can't find compatible camera' error message. Multiple hard resets on both devices doesn't make any difference.

@chainfire, is there any way to send crash reports?
3rd April 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #1556  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Sg2 with 5d mk II - could not find a compatible camera
I am trying to connect my Samsung galaxy II and 5d mk II using the adapter. Each time I try to open the app I get "could not find a compatible camera"

The sgs2 is running ICS LPQ rooted.

I have searched the thread and the app site and was unable to find a solution for my problem. Any help will be aprechiated

If some one can suggest a working ICS build this also be great.
4th April 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #1557  
Chainfire's Avatar
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 55,669
 
9,480 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungm

I have my SGS2 upgraded to ICS 4.0.3 today. but still cant import the camera's photos (*.jpg format of course) thru the gallery. The popup said I could choose DSLR Controller as default for USB connection but the gallery.

Hmm, maybe they only put this function on tablets? Can't say I've ever tried on the SGS2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opmaroon

I just tried the first official 1.0 ICS firmware for the Aurora. Very strange behaviour. It worked fine for a minute, then crashed out and now continually gives me the 'can't find compatible camera' error message. Multiple hard resets on both devices doesn't make any difference.

@chainfire, is there any way to send crash reports?

When you connect the camera to the device, it should give you a popup allowing you to select DSLR Controller, you don't usually have to start the app manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igallib

I am trying to connect my Samsung galaxy II and 5d mk II using the adapter. Each time I try to open the app I get "could not find a compatible camera"

The sgs2 is running ICS LPQ rooted.

I have searched the thread and the app site and was unable to find a solution for my problem. Any help will be aprechiated

If some one can suggest a working ICS build this also be great.

LPQ should be working. Turn off your camera and disconnect all cables. Now, reconnect the cables between your SGS2 and camera. Make sure the SGS2 screen is on, and turn on the camera. You should now get a popup offering to start DSLR Controller. If you do not get this popup, you have a cable problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #1558  
Chainfire's Avatar
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 55,669
 
9,480 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
v0.91 released
See website for the full changelog. Lots of changes and additions to support the 5D Mark III and it's new ways to use/set various properties and features. Not all 5D Mark III specific stuff planned is supported yet, but this is a good start!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #1559  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

LPQ should be working. Turn off your camera and disconnect all cables. Now, reconnect the cables between your SGS2 and camera. Make sure the SGS2 screen is on, and turn on the camera. You should now get a popup offering to start DSLR Controller. If you do not get this popup, you have a cable problem.

Thanks found the problem in a faulty USB cable.
P.S also works on LPS
4th April 2012, 11:41 PM   |  #1560  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171
 
1,532 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Just confirming dslr works great on my galaxy note n7000 running aosp lp5 and using my xsi 450D



Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes