Most popular Rom

Search This thread

mozzy

Apr 9, 2006
uk
I bought a second hand xperia play a few days ago and now looking to whizz things up a bit with a new Rom.

It's already been rooted but looks to have a stock Rom running

Here's the details

Kernal version 2.6.32.9-doomkernelDooMLoRD@chaos#10

Build number 4.0.2.A.0.42

Basically I'd like a properly established Rom without the bloatwear, every time I open task manager theres about 15 things open when I'm not using them

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Last edited:

jaygrae

May 17, 2007
Jokawild 2.5. Trust me....after using it you won't switch again till final ice is released.

mozzy

Apr 9, 2006
uk
Jokawild 2.5. Trust me....after using it you won't switch again till final ice is released.

Sounds good, how do I install it in simple terms? Sorry if I sound like a orange :-S

Is it just a straight install or do I need to mess with kernels etc,

How's yours set up? Rom/Kernel etc

Help is much appreciated

Last edited:

zipeee2

Jul 5, 2009
Sounds good, how do I install it in simple terms? Sorry if I sound like a orange :-S

Is it just a straight install or do I need to mess with kernels etc,

How's yours set up? Rom/Kernel etc

Help is much appreciated

Since it already has doomlord's kernel on it, it is rooted and the bootloader is unlocked, so you can probably use fastboot to install most roms. If you want compatibility for all the games, stick with GB. If you go to an ICS build, you'll likely have problems with certain games crashing, graphical errors, or gamepad not working.

Last edited:

SirRudolph

Sep 9, 2011
New York
I have no problems with the gamepad so far using DarkForest ICS.
I tried ICS++, I prefer Darkforest still. Probably sticking with it till the real ICS.
There are so graphical issues, but its pretty nice, no bloatware either.

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
If you already have a kernel with recovery, all you need to do is install the .zip file for the ROM through it.

Put the zip on your sd card, reboot the phone. While it boots and the light turns blue, press the back button.

mozzy

Apr 9, 2006
uk
I attempted to update the kernel earlier and bricked my phone, I the fastboot method and actually completed the flash, when I powered on the mobile it was just displaying a black screen,

After looking about I got the stock rom and flashed it, and its working again!

Now my mobile is on stock rom with stock kernel,

It displays a message saying theres a system update available but when I connect to pc I get some message saying the software cannot be installed because the device has unauthorized software on it, I also got this message before I flashed to the stock firmware so it seems that they know my mobile was rooted etc and cant update through their software...

Could someone kindly walk me through what I need to do to put doomkernel v13 and jokawild rom on,

Thanks

GetPatriotized

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
I have no problems with the gamepad so far using DarkForest ICS.
I tried ICS++, I prefer Darkforest still. Probably sticking with it till the real ICS.
There are so graphical issues, but its pretty nice, no bloatware either.

have you tried Age of Zombies? and hows your battery? last time I used darkforest I'd only get 5 hours of battery life with just texting and listening to music :S

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
I attempted to update the kernel earlier and bricked my phone, I the fastboot method and actually completed the flash, when I powered on the mobile it was just displaying a black screen,

It displays a message saying theres a system update available but when I connect to pc I get some message saying the software cannot be installed because the device has unauthorized software on it, I also got this message before I flashed to the stock firmware so it seems that they know my mobile was rooted etc and cant update through their software...

Could someone kindly walk me through what I need to do to put doomkernel v13 and jokawild rom on,

Thanks

Flash stock ROM with flashtool, load fastboot, flash kernel image for DooMKernel, boot into recovery, clear cache, apply the update.zip for jokawild, done.

If you need more detailed instructions I'll write out a full guide later when I can use my home PC.

Actually, I was thinking of doing a full guide with pictures anyway.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away

mozzy

Apr 9, 2006
uk
Flash stock ROM with flashtool, load fastboot, flash kernel image for DooMKernel, boot into recovery, clear cache, apply the update.zip for jokawild, done.

If you need more detailed instructions I'll write out a full guide later when I can use my home PC.

Actually, I was thinking of doing a full guide with pictures anyway.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away

Oh I have got jokawild flashed and doomkernel but having battery issues with the latest update,

I wanted to know any other Rom suggestions

ezadsyafiq99

Mar 15, 2012
Malacca
Oh I have got jokawild flashed and doomkernel but having battery issues with the latest update,

I wanted to know any other Rom suggestions

if u want to play games, better stay with gb.. for ics, darkforest is the best for me

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Thanks

u have unlock bootloader.. it cant be update using pc companion.. u need to relock it back using .ftf file via flashtool