[REQ] Sprint Galaxy Nexus Forum

Search This thread

Anon9mouz

Sep 24, 2009
Rineyville, KY
www.facebook.com
I am trying to get a forum organized for us recently members of Sprints version Galaxy NEXUS. I will try and have as many people to post in this thread to show the love and support for our new found device. Well I'm Kevin and I hope we can get this to happen thank you:p

Last edited:

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
I agree that we need our own separate forum. It was a mess on the ns4g until you split it for us, please start us with our own. Devs will appreciate it as well for having separate threads for reporting bugs and giving kudos...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

brianbgrp

Dec 20, 2011
antioch, california
+1 avoid confusion since verizon cdma doesn't work for us anyways. Less broken devices for everyone and less headaches for devs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jwischka

Jun 14, 2010
I'll add my voice (for what it's worth) to this. It already looks difficult enough to find what you're looking for with only VZW roms in the forum - I can't (or don't want to) imagine how cluttered it would be if you were trying to find Sprint vs. VZW in the same forum.

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
CWM - Versus TWRP

I posted t his question in the other "Sprint Nexus" thread and didn't get a response yet - I was hoping someone here could offer advice -

What are the advantages - if any - for using TWRP versus CWM? I have CWM Touch installed and it works well - but I have seen several referrences to TWRP (I think that is the spelling) and wondered if it was better than CWM ? More stble or more appropriate for our Nexus?

Anyone have any thoughts?

While I am at it - here is a question that will certainly give me "NOOB" status - when rooting my Nexus, I had to learn how to use ADB to push files and flash files on my phone - it was a first for me - having come from the EPIC 4 G - is using ADB to push or flash things to the phone really only necessary when first rooting the Nexus? Or will there other instances where I have to do it? (like Modum changes possibly?

Thoughts?

Anon9mouz

Sep 24, 2009
Rineyville, KY
www.facebook.com
I posted t his question in the other "Sprint Nexus" thread and didn't get a response yet - I was hoping someone here could offer advice -

What are the advantages - if any - for using TWRP versus CWM? I have CWM Touch installed and it works well - but I have seen several referrences to TWRP (I think that is the spelling) and wondered if it was better than CWM ? More stble or more appropriate for our Nexus?

Anyone have any thoughts?

While I am at it - here is a question that will certainly give me "NOOB" status - when rooting my Nexus, I had to learn how to use ADB to push files and flash files on my phone - it was a first for me - having come from the EPIC 4 G - is using ADB to push or flash things to the phone really only necessary when first rooting the Nexus? Or will there other instances where I have to do it? (like Modum changes possibly?

Thoughts?

Ask in the other thread this is so we can have our own section .... just +1 adds whatever saying we need this section lol thanks

dangambino

Feb 2, 2010
baltimore
Got mine this morning. The store had only two. I got he first one and the second one was gone it few minutes :)

whered you get yours man? I got mine in towson and they only had 4. 2 were for display. the rep told me i was one of only 7 people that had one through sprint today. went to best buy in towson and they didnt have them at all and didnt have a clue. just curious bro.... love the device so far. feinding to root and flash something but the support is just not there yet. a little dissapointing i must say

dangambino

Feb 2, 2010
baltimore
If I seen this earlier I would have just put an otterbox on and its gonna be a ***** to get off lol sorrie bro

its embedded. theres an option in mobile settings for lte/cdma or just cdma. switched it over for ****s and giggles and just stays on 3g; obviously. In in bmore and should be one of the launch cities. so i was told by an informed rep that maybe june for the evo 4g lte, but by august for lte in bmore. still putting up towers he said!??!?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is ridiculous that we even need this thread as a petition to seperate OUR sprint galaxy nexus from the other 2? Common sense people!!
    We're looking in to it :)