[APP][Free] Sliding Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

leongzxc

Oct 14, 2011
great concept..

but its really very slow.. and no extra settings for the user to configure. perhaps in the future..
would consider re-installing if most of the stuff mention by the users above me are fixed :) especially the slow loading.

btw, you should consider a "dark" theme as well, like the inverted apps.. it would really be an awesome feature.

jsaini04

May 14, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
The app takes like 4 seconds to load every time I open it. I have the Galaxy s2 and every other app opens up within a second.

Like everyone else said MMS isn't working which is a bummer.
I kinda like the font size on this.. it makes it all seem small and sharp "/

Stock AOSP messaging app font size is too big for my phone.

I like it overall. Thank you!

Roundtableprez

Jun 27, 2011
Good but too slow for my liking. Keep at it though I'm sure it will get there

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
New update with quick message from notification is now being uploaded to the play store, should see the update soon!

Mchasard

Dec 12, 2010
interesting concept slide design but no mms support and too slow to display messages
I could use it for a daily use but surely with new features added
thanks

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
New update pushing out. Version 1.7. You all should see some major speed upgrades when loading messages and sending new messages! I hope at least *fingers crossed*. Let me know what you find.

suua

Jun 17, 2010
Sarpsborg/ Norway
Latest update made it better but still need some speed boost and my biggest problem is that it messed my contacts.. i mean dosent show the name of the contacts and some sms are in wrong threads.. strange..

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Wonderful app! Became my default one just now.
A bug:
I'm in the app, and then get a message from someone, i press quick reply and message them. The app does not update the message i sent them until i exit and come back in it.

REALLY nice and creative idea! Thanks dev! Smooth as butter.

P.S. options such as dark theme etc would be nice, but keep it minimal

Last edited:

.xxx.

Oct 8, 2011
Mumbai
Sadness.. my device isnt compatible :( can a version for Android 2.3+ be released.. as i really liked the idea..

Sent from my LG-E730 using Tapatalk 2

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
Wonderful app! Became my default one just now.
A bug:
I'm in the app, and then get a message from someone, i press quick reply and message them. The app does not update the message i sent them until i exit and come back in it.

REALLY nice and creative idea! Thanks dev! Smooth as butter.

P.S. options such as dark theme etc would be nice, but keep it minimal

glad you like it! i had just noticed that bug as well when i saw this comment and i believe it should be fixed now for the next update! That should be coming tomorrow. once i get a homescreen/lockscreen widget nailed down, i plan to add some settings such as theme and text size. not sure what else, but probably not too much.

I'm making this app during my winter break from school, so after next week not much work will probably be done... so i will finish as much as i can before then, but i am finally happy with how well the app performs at least in the latest version, almost eliminated lag on my phone (galaxy nexus)! not sure if i will be able to make it much faster though, so older phones then mine may be left a little slower... :crying: i'll keep seeing what i can do.

Sadness.. my device isnt compatible :( can a version for Android 2.3+ be released.. as i really liked the idea..

Sent from my LG-E730 using Tapatalk 2

sorry, i would add support if i could, but a lot of the features i use are only available from ice cream sandwich and on :( also, i would be afraid that getting into older devices, the app would run to slowly... i may look into it in the future, but it probably wont happen.

Last edited:

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
glad you like it! i had just noticed that bug as well when i saw this comment and i believe it should be fixed now for the next update! That should be coming tomorrow. once i get a homescreen/lockscreen widget nailed down, i plan to add some settings such as theme and text size. not sure what else, but probably not too much.

I'm making this app during my winter break from school, so after next week not much work will probably be done... so i will finish as much as i can before then, but i am finally happy with how well the app performs at least in the latest version, almost eliminated lag on my phone (galaxy nexus)! not sure if i will be able to make it much faster though, so older phones then mine may be left a little slower... :crying: i'll keep seeing what i can do.

sorry, i would add support if i could, but a lot of the features i use are only available from ice cream sandwich and on :( also, i would be afraid that getting into older devices, the app would run to slowly... i may look into it in the future, but it probably wont happen.

It's cool, I love the app, will recommend it to others for sure.

Another "bug" Not sure if its the app or Swype but if press on "type message" then go to next screen, keyboard doesn't go down and lets me keep typing, not sure if its app or swype.

Again thanks for the wonderful app

JPhantom95

Dec 23, 2010
Love the app and left a 5 star review.

I've come across one problem- a person has messaged me but their message does not show up in their conversation thread. Essentially the message has vanished.

frenzyboi

May 11, 2012
Just downloaded it. Gonna test it now. Will leave a 5 star review later on. Hope for more updates and changes in time to come!

Loving the design, especially the sliding drawer.

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
Thank you very much dev. Great app. Cheers :D given 5 stars on play store :D

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing Sliding Messaging, a stock text messaging alternative!

FeatureGraphic_zps15e9d887.png

Easily manage text messages in a new and up to date format compliant with the Android design guidelines and visually based on the stock messaging app from Google, with added features.

Screenshots:
    34xia7d.jpg
    20gie4g.jpg
    mvqfdx.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, this is a beta after all and will be evolving as android does :D

Play Store Link
    Sliding Messaging Pro

Twitter:
    @SlidingSMS

Beta Program:
    Google+ Community
    Anndddd, dark theme has been finished up. Hope that makes some people happy, although I'm not a big fan of it. I'll build it here within the hour and release the update then for everyone to enjoy.
    ic_launcher_zpsb98f096f.png

Good news, update is about ready to go with a shiny new icon and everything :) HUGE thanks to SeV034 for the icon! it is being pushed to a very select group of alpha testers right now, and then in about 12 hours or so will be pushed to beta testers. Assuming all goes well, it will be pushed to production after that, so sit tight :)

Changelog (Version 6.00):
    - Fully themeable Hangouts UI
    - 855 new emojis from Google Hangouts (and of course you still have access to all the old ones, totaling over 1300 different emojis)
    - Ability to attach multiple images to MMS messages
    - Option to display original timestamp in messages
    - Fixed error causing some MMS messages not to be downloaded
    - Added Hangouts theme to go with Hangouts UI
    - More bug fixes

Pro users, don't forget to apply for beta testing if you want in! https://groups.google.com/forum/#!aboutgroup/sliding-messaging-beta
    and there it is, sliding messaging now fully supports sending pictures and group messages. I've found it to be much more reliable then the stock app at it as well, i've always had problems sending mms with that app but there are none of these problems in sliding messaging.
    Guys please stop bumping yourselves. It really helps absolutely no one out. I'm very busy most of the day and cant respond to most posts, but that doesn't mean i don't read them and take them into consideration. I do, every single one of them and do my best to fix issues. Please cut it out, all youre doing is wasting space in the thread... I've seen it all and some requests I like, some I don't. Either way, thank you all for giving them, and please if i dont respond don't take it personally. I'm doing my best with the time i've got but things are getting out of control now.