Had some free time recently so finally got round to opening my OYUA and having a looksy.
ROMCleaner 3.5 works splendid with CWM and OUYA.
Why use it with the OUYA?
- Its a fast and easy way to pre-install all your apps and games through a single zip flash in CWM.
- No more sideloading Dropbox to download and install everytime you flash a new StockPlus or OTA, have them all ready and waiting for you upon the first boot of the ROM.
- If your familiar with ROMCleaner on one of the many devices we ported it to, you'll feel right at home!
As certain design decisions were overlooked with the OUYA and it didt get the following it was expected, I didnt wont make a big deal aout the release but couldnt help playing about with to see what I could get working on it. It worked fine so here we are
- More detaililed guides and instructions can be found in any of the device specific threads for ROMCleaner if you want to have a look at its features but for now Ill leave this little guide for us OUYA users.
- I doubt there will be a Aroma version due to its reliance on touch input but will slowly be looking at going through the other individual tools we created before Patrics83 put the Aroma AIO toolkit together.
- It starts at v3.5 as this was the last version before moving to Aroma and we kept that consistent across devices.
- Any changes will only be visually to the updater-script and the default romcleaner.txt included in the zip as at its core, RC works. I will keep a dated chagelog for you though for any updates to the zip.
On your on the root of /sdcard create a (case sensitive) folder structure as so:
Place any apks in these folders which you want installed after flashing in the relevent folders
After flashing the ROM, flash ROMCleaner 3.5.zip
Reboot as normal
First boot of the ROM will take extra time due to the apks being sorted by Android when its up and running you will find all the apps in the usual place all ready and waiting!
If you install another launcher I recommend loading OUYA Launcher first and following the setup (wifi, username etc) to get it all sorted before using your preferred launcher.
You can use RC to install other files such as bootanimation.zip (system/media/) as well and are not limited to just apks. I add TwitcyEye's KeyMap mod
for example so the mapping is done with no copying files about.
It will set the correct permissions for all the files and folders so dont worry about that.
ROMCleaner has the ability to remove files from the system after the ROM has been flashed, but before first boot, using a text file in a simple user-friendly format.
The default list has not been optimized for OUYA and I have not got round to checking through it yet. I haven't noticed any thing important if it does but you have been warned
Ill take a proper look when I get the time.
You have the ability to define a custom list for RC to use by creating a ROMCleaner_user.txt file in /sdcard/ROMCleaner/ and Ive attached a blank one with some detailed instructions on its layour and format. I recommend you use this file until I have time to cross reference the default list with the OUYA files to avoid anything being deleted.
All in all its an easy way to get your apps installed when flashing a ROM be it StockPlus or an official OTA. It requires no special access as its all done in recovery and uses its own busybox.
Anyway, Have a play and let me know how it works for you.
Like a lot of people on XDA I have very little free time these days due to my job and so-called life but will be keeping my eye on this thread and the OUYA in general
Im trying to get back, I am, I promise...