E.Signature verification failed

Search This thread

peacewar

Nov 11, 2012
I am using TPRW recovery 2.7.1.0 to sideload the latest cyanogenmod cm-11.0-XNPh25R. I use the apply update option and sideload it from the internal storage. The error I am getting is E:footer is wrong E:signature verification failed. Can someone kind enough to help me? Please.. Thanks.

peacewar

Nov 11, 2012
I am using TPRW recovery 2.7.1.0 to sideload the latest cyanogenmod cm-11.0-XNPh25R. I use the apply update option and sideload it from the internal storage. The error I am getting is E:footer is wrong E:signature verification failed. Can someone kind enough to help me? Please.. Thanks.

Am I not supposed to sideload a rom?

xravivx77

Oct 9, 2014
can you tell me how to do this?

Whatever, the problem is resolved. I just fastboosted the phone to flash the latest version of cyanogenmod. There was no point rooting the phone anyway and It was a bad part of me to try to flash it via recovery mode.

can you tell me how to do this?
i have the same problem

xravivx

Oct 9, 2014
Come on, details, details, details.

Transmitted via Bacon

i have oneplus one that i bought to months ago from pandawill and since i got it i never get updates for him.
i try to check for update in the phone but it say i dont have any.
i try to manual update but got error : Signature verification failed
i really need your help to update my phone because it got a loot of problems in the screentouch and battery.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
i have oneplus one that i bought to months ago from pandawill and since i got it i never get updates for him.
i try to check for update in the phone but it say i dont have any.
i try to manual update but got error : Signature verification failed
i really need your help to update my phone because it got a loot of problems in the screentouch and battery.
The update is failing for a reason. What is your current version? What version is the update you're applying? Do you have any modifications to your current setup at all?

Transmitted via Bacon

xravivx

Oct 9, 2014
The update is failing for a reason. What is your current version? What version is the update you're applying? Do you have any modifications to your current setup at all?

Transmitted via Bacon

i dont know this is stay like i got it 2 month ago .
im pretty sure that when i order it from pandawill they do root because they got the phone with oppo and change it to cm11 before the shipping.

cyanogenMod - 11.0-xnph25r
android - 4.4.2
build num - kvt49l

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
i dont know this is stay like i got it 2 month ago .
im pretty sure that when i order it from pandawill they do root because they got the phone with oppo and change it to cm11 before the shipping.

cyanogenMod - 11.0-xnph25r
android - 4.4.2
build num - kvt49l
I think the best idea for you is to start from scratch. Unlock the bootloader (if it isn't already unlocked), install TWRP recovery, then install Calkulin's stock rooted 38R ROM. From there you should have no problems receiving further updates.

Transmitted via Bacon

xravivx

Oct 9, 2014
I think the best idea for you is to start from scratch. Unlock the bootloader (if it isn't already unlocked), install TWRP recovery, then install Calkulin's stock rooted 38R ROM. From there you should have no problems receiving further updates.

Transmitted via Bacon

when you say that it sound easy

do you have GUIDE for me?

warwick512

Dec 6, 2015
normal people and incorrect e-footer

Hi guys. I'm trying to flash the rom on a galaxy S4 to get rid of bloatware and free up memory. It's been a bit of a learning curve. I softbricked the machine and rescued it with odin but of course that is a stock rom and not what I want. EVERY CUSTOM ROM I HAVE TRIED ABORTS INSTALL DUE TO FAILED SIGNATURE VERIFICATION. incorrect e-footer or whatever. Does anybody KNOW how this is caused? Why are files not being copied bit for bit?
I want to say first that I have done a fairly thorough search of your archives to no avail. That is because most related threads are *****ing about the threads or the personalities involved along with mixtures of real and perceived breaches of this sites code of conduct and etiquette in general. I am not interested in any of that. Neither do I want to hear from the guy who danced widdershins round a cauldron waving his phone in the air telling me it fixed it for him. Please, can somebody that knows reply? Once I know the why I hope to fix it with a binary file editor. If somebody knows the why and the "how to fix" even better.

many thanks
Warwick

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi guys. I'm trying to flash the rom on a galaxy S4 to get rid of bloatware and free up memory. It's been a bit of a learning curve. I softbricked the machine and rescued it with odin but of course that is a stock rom and not what I want. EVERY CUSTOM ROM I HAVE TRIED ABORTS INSTALL DUE TO FAILED SIGNATURE VERIFICATION. incorrect e-footer or whatever. Does anybody KNOW how this is caused? Why are files not being copied bit for bit?
I want to say first that I have done a fairly thorough search of your archives to no avail. That is because most related threads are *****ing about the threads or the personalities involved along with mixtures of real and perceived breaches of this sites code of conduct and etiquette in general. I am not interested in any of that. Neither do I want to hear from the guy who danced widdershins round a cauldron waving his phone in the air telling me it fixed it for him. Please, can somebody that knows reply? Once I know the why I hope to fix it with a binary file editor. If somebody knows the why and the "how to fix" even better.

many thanks
Warwick

You're in the wrong section, this is the OnePlus One section. You need to find the S4 section and ask there.

warwick512

Dec 6, 2015
You're in the wrong section, this is the OnePlus One section. You need to find the S4 section and ask there.

This is hopeless. My comments about moderation have met more moderation. Apparently this is the type of site that likes to flood its own archives with spam. goog on ya :) Anyways there seems to be little or no evidence that the verification problem is device specific. quite the opposite in fact. Maybe somebody that KNOWS will respond. i'll give it a week and see

cheers

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
This is hopeless. My comments about moderation have met more moderation. Apparently this is the type of site that likes to flood its own archives with spam. goog on ya :) Anyways there seems to be little or no evidence that the verification problem is device specific. quite the opposite in fact. Maybe somebody that KNOWS will respond. i'll give it a week and see

cheers

We have device sections for a reason. Each device has its own quirks, requirements, and problems. It's important for you to post in the right place because then you'll be able to get assistance from people who are familiar with your device and those quirks, requirements, and problems that come with it. There's Q&A section for your phone, that's where you need to be addressing the problem you're having. I'm not moderating you, I'm trying to help you get the help you need. Posting in the wrong device section isn't going to achieve that. If you drive a Ford you wouldn't post in a VW forum for help, the same logic applies here.

Last edited: