{Theme}{Port} Galaxy Red Evolution v2.0 DJ05 1.10.11

Search This thread

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
This is a wip theme that is based off of fantastic "Red Soul Evolution" from plasticdarlow at xda: original thread: [THEME]|Red Soul|Evolution|[12-03-10] - xda-developers

1-10-11 added a flashable service.jar to put the clock back in (by request). this is different than the other restore clock thats out there in that its made for this theme and keeps the red accents in date/ongoing/latest/carrier notifications :)

****DJ05 Only****

*Usual Disclaimer* I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. Best practice is to make a nandroid before flashing anything.

The status bar/icons and several other images come directly from Red Soul Evolution, but much of it was put together/made separate of the original theme.

1/7-ok well i decided to update it a little more cuz i was kinda bored :)...added black menus, black browser to match theme, added more red in a bunch of places....changed pulldown menu

12/21 added modded services.jar cwr flash to remove clock froms status bar...courtesy Crushd (xda)

Major Credit to: pasticdarlow at xda for putting together the original theme and doing a fantastic job
DtatchD and Retrokid223 because i always need their help
adiliyo and ryanbeu as i forked the dialer that was originally made by adiliyo for darkstar and then edited by ryanbeu for defcon1 (i only edited a few images here and there on my own for it)
Darkstar OP: [Theme] Darkstar Port - DJ05 only - xda-developers
Defcon1 OP: [THEME] defcon1 - DJ05 - port/hackjob version 4 - xda-developers
DiGi for finding the theme in the captivate forums to begin with :)
CrushD for figuring out the xml edits to remove clock in status bar

*i apologize if i forgot anyone or if I used anything of yours without realizing it* if i did just let me know and Ill be happy to give you credit :eek:

This theme is for deodexed systems. and has reboot options as well

I'm using and have tested on JT's Super Clean Rom Series for DJ05. If you are not running his rom or one that uses stock lock screen, puzzle unlock may show still show up for you.

Screens:
device2.png
device3.png
device4.png
device5png.png
device.png

DJ05 CWR Install: v2.0
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/dj05_nitsuj17_1-7_galaxyred.zip

Restore Clock (but keeps red accents in the service.jar)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/redservicesjarwithclock.zip

also htc ime themed kb to match (install through file manager or astro
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/HTC_IME_hi_themed_.zip

and 12/22 wallpapers/lp icons
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/Galaxy_Red_Icons_wallpapers.zip

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Well if i don't get much feedback or bug reports its hard for me to keep going with this theme. :)

money226

Aug 24, 2008
I think it's awesome. The only thing I had a problem with is the reboot options. When I held power down it locked up my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

orion421

Oct 9, 2010
Malone,NY
There really isn't and problems and for me it's damn near perfect. The only thing I would like to see is the menu themed.

money226

Aug 24, 2008
Actually that is what I came from. I did a restored my backup and now I'm on the Matted Blue so I'll try it again.

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Actually that is what I came from. I did a restored my backup and now I'm on the Matted Blue so I'll try it again.

it may have something to do with missing files in defcon....the other two people who reported this to me both came from that theme

phooky

Nov 3, 2010
this theme looks great.. downloading and installing now, i'll let you know if i have any problems!

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
I'd love to try this theme but would like to know if more people have that power option problem with locking up their phones.. Seems like I've had that one two different themes, I really want this theme so I hope I'm not plagued by this!

phooky

Nov 3, 2010
no power option problems, this whole theme works perfect for me!

however, i really really hate that alarm icon! for the first few minutes i wasn't even sure what it was... it doesn't really make any sense at all. looks like a sideways verizon check.

do you plan on changing it by any chance? maybe to something that actually looks like a clock lol.. i think the mattedblues/nextang clock would look perfect here, just with red instead of blue/orange on the top

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
So I have had prolly 6 different themes on my phone in the past 2 weeks.. and this rocks them all! GREAT JOB OP!!

BTW I have no power option problems at all :)

Edit: tried posting pics but the xda app still won't let me, grr!

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
O
no power option problems, this whole theme works perfect for me!

however, i really really hate that alarm icon! for the first few minutes i wasn't even sure what it was... it doesn't really make any sense at all. looks like a sideways verizon check.

do you plan on changing it by any chance? maybe to something that actually looks like a clock lol.. i think the mattedblues/nextang clock would look perfect here, just with red instead of blue/orange on the top

Alrighty ill swap out this alarm icon for a red revoultion one. :)

As for power option problems it definetly is the defcon issue....seems that those who like red themes had that previously and that didn't have a twframework built into the theme....so jumping from there to here was the issue...,so anyone who was on defcon should flash a return to stock theme (i have one at androidforums that ill stick in the op tomorrow) then flash this....

If you are on any other dj05 themes or a stock deodexex rom yih will be finep

ryanbeu

Oct 4, 2010
O

As for power option problems it definetly is the defcon issue....seems that those who like red themes had that previously and that didn't have a twframework built into the theme....so jumping from there to here was the issue...,so anyone who was on defcon should flash a return to stock theme (i have one at androidforums that ill stick in the op tomorrow) then flash this....

Yup the problem was definitely with my defcon theme... I had previously used the JAMT theme as my base source for my defcon theme which didn't have those boot options and when I flashed this galaxy red theme I ran into a problem upon boot where the screen staying black...

So at that point I reflashed my defcon theme and then started seeing the issue people were reporting with the shutdown menu not launching and hanging the system which I previously wasn't seeing.

Thankfully before I left for NY I whipped up a new version of defcon using this galaxy red theme as a base instead of JAMT. So tonight I completely wiped all my user data/cache and flashed JT's new super clean .9 and my new version of defcon and everything works perfectly now.

I'll post the new version of defcon1 when I get back home from the holidays.

Reactions: nitsuj17

phooky

Nov 3, 2010
O

yes thank you!! with the new clock, this will be the BEST theme available! i really love it, thanks again

jimforjesus

Aug 29, 2010
I love this theme....great job.....no problems at all for me...would love to see it in different colors like bright blue or green, easier on my old eyes lol.....other than that its perfect

wilshyre

Jul 11, 2010
Nitsuj, great job on this! This is def my favorite theme now. Only problem I ran into was what I told you about in irc, which again had to do with coming from defcon. I would've flashed something else before because I knew the power menu wasn't working, but I was waiting on this to be released before flashing any new theme because of what you showed us irc. Anyway, the problem was fixed after I reflashed rom that I was on and then flashed theme again. Thanks again for this!

Sent from my voodoo 5 OTB 1.1 1300mhz fascinate.

pdc21

Nov 10, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Hey Nit, not sure if this is really due to the theme but I've been having a strange problem since wiping data, installing JT's clean .9 and then this theme on my phone.

Sometimes when scrolling down, like in the market for instance, it will act like I hit the back button on my phone?

The only other change I have done is flashed the OTB 1.1 UV 1200 kernel from Nemesis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a wip theme that is based off of fantastic "Red Soul Evolution" from plasticdarlow at xda: original thread: [THEME]|Red Soul|Evolution|[12-03-10] - xda-developers

1-10-11 added a flashable service.jar to put the clock back in (by request). this is different than the other restore clock thats out there in that its made for this theme and keeps the red accents in date/ongoing/latest/carrier notifications :)

****DJ05 Only****

*Usual Disclaimer* I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. Best practice is to make a nandroid before flashing anything.

The status bar/icons and several other images come directly from Red Soul Evolution, but much of it was put together/made separate of the original theme.

1/7-ok well i decided to update it a little more cuz i was kinda bored :)...added black menus, black browser to match theme, added more red in a bunch of places....changed pulldown menu

12/21 added modded services.jar cwr flash to remove clock froms status bar...courtesy Crushd (xda)

Major Credit to: pasticdarlow at xda for putting together the original theme and doing a fantastic job
    DtatchD and Retrokid223 because i always need their help
    adiliyo and ryanbeu as i forked the dialer that was originally made by adiliyo for darkstar and then edited by ryanbeu for defcon1 (i only edited a few images here and there on my own for it)
    Darkstar OP: [Theme] Darkstar Port - DJ05 only - xda-developers
    Defcon1 OP: [THEME] defcon1 - DJ05 - port/hackjob version 4 - xda-developers
    DiGi for finding the theme in the captivate forums to begin with :)
    CrushD for figuring out the xml edits to remove clock in status bar

*i apologize if i forgot anyone or if I used anything of yours without realizing it* if i did just let me know and Ill be happy to give you credit :eek:

This theme is for deodexed systems. and has reboot options as well

I'm using and have tested on JT's Super Clean Rom Series for DJ05. If you are not running his rom or one that uses stock lock screen, puzzle unlock may show still show up for you.

Screens:
    device2.png
    device3.png
    device4.png
    device5png.png
    device.png

DJ05 CWR Install: v2.0
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/dj05_nitsuj17_1-7_galaxyred.zip

Restore Clock (but keeps red accents in the service.jar)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/redservicesjarwithclock.zip

also htc ime themed kb to match (install through file manager or astro
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/HTC_IME_hi_themed_.zip

and 12/22 wallpapers/lp icons
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/Galaxy_Red_Icons_wallpapers.zip
    O

Yup the problem was definitely with my defcon theme... I had previously used the JAMT theme as my base source for my defcon theme which didn't have those boot options and when I flashed this galaxy red theme I ran into a problem upon boot where the screen staying black...

So at that point I reflashed my defcon theme and then started seeing the issue people were reporting with the shutdown menu not launching and hanging the system which I previously wasn't seeing.

Thankfully before I left for NY I whipped up a new version of defcon using this galaxy red theme as a base instead of JAMT. So tonight I completely wiped all my user data/cache and flashed JT's new super clean .9 and my new version of defcon and everything works perfectly now.

I'll post the new version of defcon1 when I get back home from the holidays.
    Gotcha, I didn't knower there was so much work involved, it's no biggie. My gf is using this theme, and I decided to try matted blues last night, they are both great! really appreciate your work!

Sent from my Fascinate
    Small contribution Nitsuj17? Dude. This theme is Badass. Even if its not a rom. Kudos to u still. This may never leave my phone unless I find a GB port from bird or jt that is functional enough to use everyday. Like calls and texting. And Bluetooth lol. Again. Great theme bro. Ill donate a high five whenever u need one!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

and as for froyo/gb, all the themes ive done will be ported over (as crazy as it sounds im starting on kaos froyo now..the images at least)

so going forward... this, nextang, matted blues, purple, black aosp (although not for cm...cuz its built in) and revolution (which i took over from retrokid when he jumped ship) will be available for whatever you flash

again..thanks ;)