Apex Launcher (ICS)

Search This thread

shreddintyres

Aug 25, 2010
Richardson, Tx
I'm definitely gonna try this out. Not sure how much experience yyouve had with this but installing as system app shouldnt remove the default launcher your rom comes with? ie most ICS roms come with trebuchet launcher?

Reactions: AndyCosmos

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
No, it installs as normal app and you don't need to move it to /system folder for widgets to show up in app drawer.

sert00

May 28, 2011
cesena,IT
what do you prefer,this or NOVA?
personally on my galaxy nexus i prefer nova..but only because it's more mature.apex is a month newer,but with already a lot of features..nova,at this time,have more features,but i find apex more speedy and i hadn't got any issues or unstability also on gpu-renderized

Kerosine

Jun 21, 2009
Zurrieq
www.alistairfarrugia.com
Guys and girls, just a heads up - updating Apex Launcher is apparently resulting in Force Close dialog ad nauseam - DO NOT update Apex for now or else you'll be stuck. Thankfully I had Avast installed and using the Avast Application Manager I managed to access Apex's App Info page and uninstalled updates, now back to normal but won't update it for now. Recent Apex reviews on Play Store show that this is not ROM-related or an isolated event. You've been warned. (If you read this that is)...

Reactions: BurningArmada
Dec 28, 2011
Guys and girls, just a heads up - updating Apex Launcher is apparently resulting in Force Close dialog ad nauseam - DO NOT update Apex for now or else you'll be stuck. Thankfully I had Avast installed and using the Avast Application Manager I managed to access Apex's App Info page and uninstalled updates, now back to normal but won't update it for now. Recent Apex reviews on Play Store show that this is not ROM-related or an isolated event. You've been warned. (If you read this that is)...

Last night my phone auto updated the apex launcher and exactly what you said happened. I went into clockwork recovery and tried to restore and it gave an error and now the phone seems bricked. It won't boot up beyond the vibrant screen, and it won't let me get into recovery. What should I do?

Kerosine

Jun 21, 2009
Zurrieq
www.alistairfarrugia.com
Last night my phone auto updated the apex launcher and exactly what you said happened. I went into clockwork recovery and tried to restore and it gave an error and now the phone seems bricked. It won't boot up beyond the vibrant screen, and it won't let me get into recovery. What should I do?

Before you tried the restore, did you delete everything *superwipe or format*?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is another launcher for ICS. It is like stock launcher but have options like adw and launcher pro ie transparent app drawer, gestures, lock desktop etc.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452663
    I'm definitely gonna try this out. Not sure how much experience yyouve had with this but installing as system app shouldnt remove the default launcher your rom comes with? ie most ICS roms come with trebuchet launcher?