[Q] Bluetooth Headset Battery Level

Search This thread

motoridersd

Jul 21, 2008
San Diego
Google Pixel Watch 2
Today I opened my shiny new Jaybird Bluebuds X and going through the manual, I ran into this little feature:

ScreenShot2014-01-28at60058PM_zps28237a11.png

There's an app that can read the battery level on Plantronics headsets, why is there no app that can do this for others? Windows Phone apparently is able to read this too. The only big Bluetooth Headset battery app for Android calculates it based on connection time. I was never able to use it properly with my older Jaybird Freedom headphones because I was always losing the data and/or forgetting to run it to start tracking the usage.

I know this is a Nexus 5 thread, but I'm just wondering if anyone has found a way to get this on Android, or would be interested in getting a bounty going. I'll be happy to pledge some money towards this, being pretty much clueless about app development.

It's not that big of a deal, but the battery warning on these Jaybirds is very annoying, beeping constantly when it's about to run out. Nothing that a consistent charging schedule can't fix, and with a regular micro USB connector, a quick charge in the car will keep them charged up.

I'm just sad that we're missing on a tiny but cool feature.