[Q] [HELP!] Bought P6 China version and got issues with Play Store

Search This thread

lior_al

Jan 6, 2010
I also got that clone of P6 (with MTK 6589)

I also got that clone of P6 (with MTK 6589),
what can i do to upgrade the rom?

it's came with chinise B118 rom, with no google play support....
does someone found a way to install on it another rom?
or at least using google play?

Lior

@roKiLL

Apr 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
I also got that clone of P6 (with MTK 6589),
what can i do to upgrade the rom?

it's came with chinise B118 rom, with no google play support....
does someone found a way to install on it another rom?
or at least using google play?

Lior

Yes, I've with the same situation. My girlfriend got the same unit, the seller as a lyer and don't like the return of the phone. It's sold how as P6 with K3V2oem1. Firstly, sorry for my english. I can't train it, and I'm better reading than writing..:(

First, after doing anything make a full backup. The CPU how says in other messages is a MT6589.

Download the MT Droid Tools 2.5.3 (Click here)
The Drivers for MT65xx. Mega Drivers MT65xx Pack & Installer. The better drivers what i found are that.
SP Flash Tools (Click here)
Download Mobileuncle Tools (Download here) APK
Download latest Framaroot (Click here)

Remember, we don't have Google Play and we can't install apps. We need all the files what i've mentioned above. Go to Security and mark the Unknown Sources. Later, activate the USB Debugging. Click around 10 time in Compilation Number at About Phone, and activate Debugging Options.

Put the APK downloaden; Framaroot, and install MobileUncle Tools; in SD card o Internal Storage and Install It.

Install the drivers, for full working, and download the MT Droid Tools. Extract in a Folder without spaces. How C:\ or D:\... if the OS as winXP install at root directory. If it as Vista/7/8 you can extract in Desktop, or Download Folder. Remember, the path never contains a space. The OS linux and the software that works with linux architecture do some failures with I/O (Error on read the path adress for the spaces). Ok, before that, let's go.

Open the MT Droid Tools. When it connect to Phone, show a message how this "ATTENTION! Imitation Hardware or firmware in the kernel does not match phone!" (In Spanish "ATENCIÓN! Imitacion de Hardware en el kernel o firmware no se corresponde con teléfono! "). Ta-Da! This phone is a Fake! Full Replica. Ok. Now the lower rectangle, wait 10 seconds, and it's filled in yellow. Click at ROOT. Now, click at "Root, Backup, Recovery". And click "Backup". If it shows a message showing "The sd card not inserted", else click Yes to Continue. It ask for pack the backup, click at "No". We need now the Recovery file. Wait some minutes, about 10. When it's terminate, click at "select boot.img file" and click at button "Recovery and Boot". Caution with this. Go with that procedures. First select the boot.img in the backup directory and it's shows a message asking if it make the CWM Recovery Automatic. Click Yes. The 2nd an 3rd step ask if it install at the phone. Always click at NO. OK? If you click at yes I don't responsive. And I don't know what happens. Ok. The file Is created. Put it into the Internal Storage.

Open the Mobileuncle Tools and select "Change Recovery". The first value is the located in the Internal Storage. Click Accept, and if it ask reboot in Recovery, Accept.

Now, in CWM recovery. select "Mounts and Storage", and mount all. (Data, System, Cache and very important, sdcard).

Open MT Droid Tools, and again. Backup. But now, the message showing the issue with the backup from nvram and system, don't show it. And click Yes when it asks for compress the Backup

After all these steps. Congratulations, You got a Full backup from this device.

Now, got to install the Google Apps.

Put the Gapps.zip in the sdcard and install it with the CWM Recovery. Download Here

Ta-Da! Full working phone. At now. Search for MTXX devices or MT6589T CPU's.

Last... It's not joke. If i got some spelling error, send me a MP or Quote me. I need to practice, and the better method for learn as with errors.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Sorry. I forget that i'm trying to make a better custom firmware removing the Chinese apps, putting Go Launcher as Default and with some apps very useful.

I need some firmwares for debugging. I see a lot of bugs and i'm going crazy searching for that in frameworks.

Last edited:

lior_al

Jan 6, 2010
Yes, I've with the same situation. My girlfriend got the same unit, the seller as a lyer and don't like the return of the phone. It's sold how as P6 with K3V2oem1. Firstly, sorry for my english. I can't train it, and I'm better reading than writing..:(

First, after doing anything make a full backup. The CPU how says in other messages is a MT6589.

Download the MT Droid Tools 2.5.3 (Click here)
The Drivers for MT65xx. Mega Drivers MT65xx Pack & Installer. The better drivers what i found are that.
SP Flash Tools (Click here)
Download Mobileuncle Tools (Download here) APK
Download latest Framaroot (Click here)

Remember, we don't have Google Play and we can't install apps. We need all the files what i've mentioned above. Go to Security and mark the Unknown Sources. Later, activate the USB Debugging. Click around 10 time in Compilation Number at About Phone, and activate Debugging Options.

Put the APK downloaden; Framaroot, and install MobileUncle Tools; in SD card o Internal Storage and Install It.

Install the drivers, for full working, and download the MT Droid Tools. Extract in a Folder without spaces. How C:\ or D:\... if the OS as winXP install at root directory. If it as Vista/7/8 you can extract in Desktop, or Download Folder. Remember, the path never contains a space. The OS linux and the software that works with linux architecture do some failures with I/O (Error on read the path adress for the spaces). Ok, before that, let's go.

Open the MT Droid Tools. When it connect to Phone, show a message how this "ATTENTION! Imitation Hardware or firmware in the kernel does not match phone!" (In Spanish "ATENCIÓN! Imitacion de Hardware en el kernel o firmware no se corresponde con teléfono! "). Ta-Da! This phone is a Fake! Full Replica. Ok. Now the lower rectangle, wait 10 seconds, and it's filled in yellow. Click at ROOT. Now, click at "Root, Backup, Recovery". And click "Backup". If it shows a message showing "The sd card not inserted", else click Yes to Continue. It ask for pack the backup, click at "No". We need now the Recovery file. Wait some minutes, about 10. When it's terminate, click at "select boot.img file" and click at button "Recovery and Boot". Caution with this. Go with that procedures. First select the boot.img in the backup directory and it's shows a message asking if it make the CWM Recovery Automatic. Click Yes. The 2nd an 3rd step ask if it install at the phone. Always click at NO. OK? If you click at yes I don't responsive. And I don't know what happens. Ok. The file Is created. Put it into the Internal Storage.

Open the Mobileuncle Tools and select "Change Recovery". The first value is the located in the Internal Storage. Click Accept, and if it ask reboot in Recovery, Accept.

Now, in CWM recovery. select "Mounts and Storage", and mount all. (Data, System, Cache and very important, sdcard).

Open MT Droid Tools, and again. Backup. But now, the message showing the issue with the backup from nvram and system, don't show it. And click Yes when it asks for compress the Backup

After all these steps. Congratulations, You got a Full backup from this device.

Now, got to install the Google Apps.

Put the Gapps.zip in the sdcard and install it with the CWM Recovery. Download Here

Ta-Da! Full working phone. At now. Search for MTXX devices or MT6589T CPU's.

Last... It's not joke. If i got some spelling error, send me a MP or Quote me. I need to practice, and the better method for learn as with errors.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Sorry. I forget that i'm trying to make a better custom firmware removing the Chinese apps, putting Go Launcher as Default and with some apps very useful.

I need some firmwares for debugging. I see a lot of bugs and i'm going crazy searching for that in frameworks.

THX GREAT!!!!
IT"S WORKED.

your english is nice, from where are you?

a. if i want to install the backup i did. how can i do that?
b. do you have a good ROM that i can install on it? the fake huawei rom is annoying!!!

@roKiLL

Apr 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
THX GREAT!!!!
IT"S WORKED.

your english is nice, from where are you?

a. if i want to install the backup i did. how can i do that?
b. do you have a good ROM that i can install on it? the fake huawei rom is annoying!!!

Thanks! I'm from Spain.

Tomorrow post some images about the bugs, if somebody know that bugs are and how resolve it. Uff....I get about... 5 days working with the phone, and i will try searching a compatible firmware with mt6589, but i found one, but the screen is not the same, other with the Wi-Fi with problems... I search and found to port the 4.4.2 firmware, but the kernel now is very unstable with mt6589. And the issue to config permanently the nav bar. I'm a newbie with Mediatek, but everyday I learn a new thing. I've got a G526 from Huawei and no problems, but that.... It's a race for the 1st price. A challenge. hehe

About restore the backup, tomorrow i post the procedures for restore the backup with SP Flash Tools. It's not harder. As how Backup, a lot of procedures, but not harder. I need to sleep because I get exhausted by the hard work with this phone.

I can't resolve the black text in the notification bar when receive a Mail or a lost call. Or in some areas the text is white with the background white (WTF??). Tomorrow I post some screenshots about it. It's harder to see, because Huawei don't works how OEM Android, but the problem don't stop here. They have two frameworks, but now i'm found other. Our firmware works with the default Frameworks, with the Frameworks from Huawei. And... the frameworks from Mediatek. And i don't know where is the styles.xml and where are the icons.png from this enverioment.

Bye!

@roKiLL

Apr 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
Now I'm Again.

pantallazo.png
At this, if can see, the background icons are white and it's so difficult to see.

pantallazo2.pngpantallazo1.png
Those images, at the notification bar shows the message text in black, I've modded the notification bar in desktop for transparency, and it's so dificult to see again. In the programs with the notification bar filled in black it's impossible to see.

pantallazo3.jpgpantallazo4.jpg
If can see, i've put a image at background because it's impossible again to see the text in black. The lion it's so colorful. haha.

pantallazo5.png
Xplore app with option marked "Black theme". The app is unusable.

Screenshot_2014-07-07-00-41-45.png
The same with Titanium Backup. (And this begin when i found this bug)

pantallazo6.png
An installation, without the option to open. It's disabled, but the text show the same color than activated button.

Screenshot_2014-07-07-00-39-59.pngScreenshot_2014-07-07-01-08-29.png
And the notification bar opened, the mass storage i've activated after with adb. But, it's darker and is so difficult to see.

I can try a lot of modifications. Mod the frameworks... SystemUI.... I'm exhausted....

Now i'm going to create a firmware customizable. I'm configurating the kitchen and trying to deodex the ROM, for work with the mods without odex all the files in the recovery. Imagine... Modify one thing, go to recovery, change and odex that file. If don't odex that file, a loop error. Solved in adb in a moment, but this tired...

Last edited:

krpovmu

Apr 5, 2014
Hi everybody I fell into the same fraud Please Help me my fake P6 is STUCK

First sorry for my english! :p

I purchased a Ascend P6 from Alexpress (DAMN), When this phone come all work well when I tried to install something all fail then I did to update my "Huawey ACEND P6 (fake)" to Android 4.4 follow the instructions for install TWRP:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2709607

when I tried to INSTALL TWRP JELLYBEAN RECOVERY it show the next message:

FAILED remote partition 'recovery' not support flash (I think because it's a fake)

Ohhh a problem but I made a bigger mistake because I tried all the options and when try the option

INSTALL OMNI KITKAT BOOT.IMG it leave and install sucesfull and my phone don't start only show the first screen and reboot again and again I tried to enter to recovery mode and it leave me but when I tried to install OMNI Rom through this part the phone show this message:

error invalid ota package missing scatter

I don't know what to do please help me I'm worry because it only reboot and reboot again and again I think that the FAKE bootloader is broke but I don't have the IMG file to fix it.

@roKiLL

Apr 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
First sorry for my english! :p

I purchased a Ascend P6 from Alexpress (DAMN), When this phone come all work well when I tried to install something all fail then I did to update my "Huawey ACEND P6 (fake)" to Android 4.4 follow the instructions for install TWRP:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2709607

when I tried to INSTALL TWRP JELLYBEAN RECOVERY it show the next message:

FAILED remote partition 'recovery' not support flash (I think because it's a fake)

Ohhh a problem but I made a bigger mistake because I tried all the options and when try the option

INSTALL OMNI KITKAT BOOT.IMG it leave and install sucesfull and my phone don't start only show the first screen and reboot again and again I tried to enter to recovery mode and it leave me but when I tried to install OMNI Rom through this part the phone show this message:

error invalid ota package missing scatter

I don't know what to do please help me I'm worry because it only reboot and reboot again and again I think that the FAKE bootloader is broke but I don't have the IMG file to fix it.

Ufff. Meanwhile the phone works, we don't have any problem. How the Mediatek users knowns, the unique partition that never touch, or never change with other ROM, as Preloader.

How i says to Carlos in the PM, i need to stop a short time. It's a waste of time work without help and without results. Now i'm testing a beta, usable, but unstable at the same time. Fixing a lot of fails, because the ff+*#%$ing programmer, makes the kernel with support to dual SIM, deactivate the Gemini support, and it's a option soo good.

Info for advanced users. I've got all the drivers for our faked phones. Display, Processor, Cameras, Accelerometer, Wifi... all the drivers for make a kernel. I don't have any problem to test kernels, but only with our specs. I've flashed a lot of times, a lot of mods for the init.d and i've maked the Carliv Recovery. I can attach this.

Carlos, you only need the boot.img file and flash with SP Flash Tools.

krpovmu

Apr 5, 2014
Thanks for answer, I need boot.img and recovery.img

Ufff. Meanwhile the phone works, we don't have any problem. How the Mediatek users knowns, the unique partition that never touch, or never change with other ROM, as Preloader.

How i says to Carlos in the PM, i need to stop a short time. It's a waste of time work without help and without results. Now i'm testing a beta, usable, but unstable at the same time. Fixing a lot of fails, because the ff+*#%$ing programmer, makes the kernel with support to dual SIM, deactivate the Gemini support, and it's a option soo good.

Info for advanced users. I've got all the drivers for our faked phones. Display, Processor, Cameras, Accelerometer, Wifi... all the drivers for make a kernel. I don't have any problem to test kernels, but only with our specs. I've flashed a lot of times, a lot of mods for the init.d and i've maked the Carliv Recovery. I can attach this.

Carlos, you only need the boot.img file and flash with SP Flash Tools.

Hi

For recover my phone I need original recovery.img and boot.img but I don't have this.

Thanks.

@roKiLL

Apr 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
Let's Go!

Only need 3 files, Scattter, Boot.img and Recovery.img. The Carliv's Recovery is a Touchscreen recovery. Download all and put into a excluded folder without spaces between path. How i know you're spanish, My Documments are "Mis Documentos", and in Windows XP the folder as "Mis Documentos", with a space between the path. This can be do an issue with the upgrade. If you use Win7, see the user don't contains spaces in the path. Or simply, put it into a root directory. C:\ or D:\

Firstly, download this. http //d-h.st/D0y

Install before do anything. It's the drivers for work with Preloader and SP Flash Tools. It's important to be installed. If you have Windows in 64bit, you need to restart your computer, before the windows startups press a lot of times the key "F8" and select an option (I can't remember now) what contains "boot with unsigned drivers". In spanish, "Iniciar Windows con controladores sin firmar". And try again. In the Control Panel, run System and later Device Manager. Verify in USB Devices when (The Phone needs to be power-off) plug the Phone in the USB. The device shows a few of seconds and desconnect it. If you can see it, without a warning icon, error or some fault code. Congratulations. At the first time, when the computer learn the PID and SID of the device, can fail. Repeat a lot of times. If you see the Device Manager install the drivers. Only verify if the device is correctly connected to the Computer.

Later, download the latest v3 of SP Flash Tools. Don't download the v5. http //androidxda.com/smart-phone-flash-tool

Extract the soft to the same directory of the Scatter, boot.ini..... and run it.

Caution now. And do the things how i put now and we don't have any problem with the device. (Only can be an error, and it's are the drivers. How it's dont be correctly installed, can't send anything to the phone and abort the process. Only disconnect the phone, count 5 seconds and power On. The phone isn't touched anything)

When the SP Flash Tools is opened, click to "Scatter Loading" and select the Scatter i've put in attachements. When the list as filled, click at the name of "BOOTIMG", and select the boot.img file. The same with the recovery. If you try to upload the Carliv's Img file and shows a message saying the image as overlapped, Use the other recovery. When BOOTIMG and RECOVERY as selected, click at Download button. Now connect the phone to the USB and wait until a green circle is showed. When the green circle is showed, wait a few of secconds, disconnect, wait 5 seconds and try the power button. If it shows any error message, don't alarm. Only show with a print screen and post it. The process don't be do and the phone as how before, without modifications.

Now i've the experience and can help with this program.

I'm waiting with your problem ;)

Attachments

• MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
    478 bytes · Views: 74
  • boot.img
    6 MB · Views: 41
  • recovery-carliv.img
    5.5 MB · Views: 52
  • recovery.img
    6 MB · Views: 36

krpovmu

Apr 5, 2014
Hi finally I fixed the phone

[QUOTE @RokiLL;55148737]Let's Go!

Only need 3 files, Scattter, Boot.img and Recovery.img. The Carliv's Recovery is a Touchscreen recovery. Download all and put into a excluded folder without spaces between path. How i know you're spanish, My Documments are "Mis Documentos", and in Windows XP the folder as "Mis Documentos", with a space between the path. This can be do an issue with the upgrade. If you use Win7, see the user don't contains spaces in the path. Or simply, put it into a root directory. C:\ or D:\

Firstly, download this. http //d-h.st/D0y

Install before do anything. It's the drivers for work with Preloader and SP Flash Tools. It's important to be installed. If you have Windows in 64bit, you need to restart your computer, before the windows startups press a lot of times the key "F8" and select an option (I can't remember now) what contains "boot with unsigned drivers". In spanish, "Iniciar Windows con controladores sin firmar". And try again. In the Control Panel, run System and later Device Manager. Verify in USB Devices when (The Phone needs to be power-off) plug the Phone in the USB. The device shows a few of seconds and desconnect it. If you can see it, without a warning icon, error or some fault code. Congratulations. At the first time, when the computer learn the PID and SID of the device, can fail. Repeat a lot of times. If you see the Device Manager install the drivers. Only verify if the device is correctly connected to the Computer.

Later, download the latest v3 of SP Flash Tools. Don't download the v5. http //androidxda.com/smart-phone-flash-tool

Extract the soft to the same directory of the Scatter, boot.ini..... and run it.

Caution now. And do the things how i put now and we don't have any problem with the device. (Only can be an error, and it's are the drivers. How it's dont be correctly installed, can't send anything to the phone and abort the process. Only disconnect the phone, count 5 seconds and power On. The phone isn't touched anything)

When the SP Flash Tools is opened, click to "Scatter Loading" and select the Scatter i've put in attachements. When the list as filled, click at the name of "BOOTIMG", and select the boot.img file. The same with the recovery. If you try to upload the Carliv's Img file and shows a message saying the image as overlapped, Use the other recovery. When BOOTIMG and RECOVERY as selected, click at Download button. Now connect the phone to the USB and wait until a green circle is showed. When the green circle is showed, wait a few of secconds, disconnect, wait 5 seconds and try the power button. If it shows any error message, don't alarm. Only show with a print screen and post it. The process don't be do and the phone as how before, without modifications.

Now i've the experience and can help with this program.

I'm waiting with your problem ;)[/QUOTE]

hi @Rokill thanks for all your help I tried to did the things that you told in the last post but didn't work SP flash tool show a problem, but with the original image of the phone I did this:

- Reboot the phone in fastboot mode and:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

and now all is working well, the next week I will try to install google play.

Thanks for all

Last edited:
Reactions: @roKiLL

Top Liked Posts