CAN'T ROOT, goes into BootLoop

Search This thread

Afarrens

Jun 16, 2014
ok guys, I have successfully been able to root every device I have ever had thanks to the great work and directions of people on this site. Trust me when I say I have searched and searched for the answer to this and I can not find it.

I have a Note 10.1 2014 P605 international version. All I am trying to do is root this device. I would also like Kit Kat 4.2.2 however not required.
At this point, I am able to flash TWRP and can go back and forth from JB and KK, however I for the life of me can't flash any other thing on this device. I have tried multiple downloads of the CF Auto Root, but I get the same thing every time. I go into Odin, process starts, screen flashes, and than goes into boot loop, and stays there until i rerun Odin, and flash stock back on. I have tried to flash a custom reom on this device also but same thing.

I don't care about tripping the KNOX counter, i just want the device rooted, plane and simple. I am starting to think its not the file, but there is a block on the device somewhere and i have missed it. It seems to let me run any stock rom, just nothing else.

I have gotten Supersu but it stops when it gets to the last part and says that i just updated and need to bascly come here for help!

I'm kind of at a loss here. Not sure what to do next. Any ideas? or links that I have missed??

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
ok guys, I have successfully been able to root every device I have ever had thanks to the great work and directions of people on this site. Trust me when I say I have searched and searched for the answer to this and I can not find it.

I have a Note 10.1 2014 P605 international version. All I am trying to do is root this device. I would also like Kit Kat 4.2.2 however not required.
At this point, I am able to flash TWRP and can go back and forth from JB and KK, however I for the life of me can't flash any other thing on this device. I have tried multiple downloads of the CF Auto Root, but I get the same thing every time. I go into Odin, process starts, screen flashes, and than goes into boot loop, and stays there until i rerun Odin, and flash stock back on. I have tried to flash a custom reom on this device also but same thing.

I don't care about tripping the KNOX counter, i just want the device rooted, plane and simple. I am starting to think its not the file, but there is a block on the device somewhere and i have missed it. It seems to let me run any stock rom, just nothing else.

I have gotten Supersu but it stops when it gets to the last part and says that i just updated and need to bascly come here for help!

I'm kind of at a loss here. Not sure what to do next. Any ideas? or links that I have missed??

If you only want root, have you tried Towelroot? I was able to root my P605V when no other method worked. The only issue I have (since I have a locked bootloader) is that I can't update my SU binaries in the ROM or via recovery (since it's stock). You likely won't have that issue since you have custom recovery and can just flash.

Afarrens

Jun 16, 2014
ok- so after another night of sleep, i was able to get this done - here's what I did -
Reflashed stock rom via ODIN
Flashed TWRP via ODIN
installed SuperSU onto simcard, installed via TWRP
SuperSU opens and tries to shut down KNOX, stalls
I reboot, rerun SuperSU, and again tries to shut down KNOX, but this time it works
I reflash Kit Kat 4.2 and repeat the process and whoop there it is...root access with stock Kit Kat.
Finally!

Hope this helps someone!
adam