Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Jun-13 MeanROM v4.5 | 2.17 | OC/UV | Beats | 50+ hr standby | 4000+ Quadrant

Tip us?
 
Keion
Old
#1001  
Keion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 350
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Danville, California

 
DONATE TO ME
The update rate of this rom is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!! Pretty awesome.
 
zaner123
Old
#1002  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 159
Join Date: Jul 2010
My phone already has "Build Number 2.17.651.5" , Baseband: 0.97.10.0808

Do I still need to unroot/S-on and flash the firmware update?

If I flashed this ROM without correct firmware, would it brick my phone or would it just not work well?

Thanks
Current phone: HTC One
Current Rom:
 
guitardoc64
Old
#1003  
guitardoc64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 342
Posts: 1,617
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lake Charles,LA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner123 View Post
My phone already has "Build Number 2.17.651.5" , Baseband: 0.97.10.0808

Do I still need to unroot/S-on and flash the firmware update?

If I flashed this ROM without correct firmware, would it brick my phone or would it just not work well?

Thanks
If its current, it should be good to go.

Sent from my Clean and MeanROM 3D
Current phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Retired: EVO 3D, Hero,Vogue,Apache
ROM:Crawrj stock rooted MF9
Recovery:TWRP
 
mikeyxda
Old
#1004  
mikeyxda's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13157
Posts: 3,460
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida - Gulf Coast

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner123 View Post
My phone already has "Build Number 2.17.651.5" , Baseband: 0.97.10.0808

Do I still need to unroot/S-on and flash the firmware update?

If I flashed this ROM without correct firmware, would it brick my phone or would it just not work well?

Thanks
Looks like you are running the old radio. Shouldn't hurt anything but the current baseband is 1.06. You're on .97.

Mike

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
Some of my other creations (mostly digital photography software):
http://www.ddisoftware.com
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeyxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
linsalata28
Old
#1005  
linsalata28's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2070
Posts: 4,753
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey

 
DONATE TO ME
Will the blue blend v1.1 work with the MeanROM?
I'm going to install the ROM on a slot of my bootmanager so I'm going to add the theme into the ROM before I flash it that way I know there will be less of a chance of issues.
The theme looks sick btw.
 
DonB.
Old
(Last edited by DonB.; 17th February 2012 at 08:51 PM.)
#1006  
DonB.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 345
Posts: 1,541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Florida
Not much difference in the sound, I never really had any luck with DSP, or Volume plus, the only thing that helped increase the volume was when I was on the Sony Xpera ROM, whatever he did for a sound tweak was great, someone mentioned they flashed the Sony Bravia Engine


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyxda View Post
Looks like you are running the old radio. Shouldn't hurt anything but the current baseband is 1.06. You're on .97.

Mike

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium


IT ONLY TAKES ONE SEC TO GIVE A THANKS
 
selders59
Old
#1007  
selders59's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 630
Posts: 3,777
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Hey guys, tell me that this can not be confusing. This is from one of the motorola razr threads. And it is no wonder I still have yet to root my razr.

What do these actually do?[*]​Restore Droid RAZR to 6.12.173 (Fastboot Restore. RSD Lite alternative. Must be in AP Fastboot Mode to do this))[*]Droid Root for 2.3.6 (motofail) (Roots 2.3.6 and below for Motorola Droids. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. )[*]Unroot (Must be rooted to do this. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App (Use this app to stay rooted after an OTA. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Install Bootstrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Do not install this AND Safestrap. Pick one.[*]Install Safestrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Can essentially dual boot. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW USERS. Do not install this AND Bootstrap. Pick one.[*]Overclock Install (See coryjohn's guide on Overclocking. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]System Pull (This is NOT a recovery program or backup program. This is for devs and power users. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Droid RAZR Root for ICS 4.0.3 (The GSM ICS leak can be rooted with this. Our ICS may also be.)[*]Boot into Fastboot from Debugging (Exactly what it says. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Boot Normally from Fastboot (If you are in Fastboot mode you can use this to boot normally)[*]Boot into Motorola Recovery from Fastboot (Read above. Exactly what it says it what it does.)[*]Boot into Motorola Recovery from Debugging (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]ADB Shell (A way to more manually control your phone. For power users and devs. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Wipe Data/Cache (Be in AP Fastboot mode to do this. Wipes your data and cache.)[*]Attempt Bootloader Unlock (Just for fun. Will Not work!) (Exactly as it says)[*]Reboot Phone (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)





"All Throttle-No Bottle"
 
zbergmark
Old
#1008  
zbergmark's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 102
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orland Park
Excellent, stable, smooth ROM. I have recommended it to many people running 2.17. I simply can't leave MeanRom, but I would love to try out Beats Audio, with the BEST running ROM.
Great work, constant updates. Thanks mikeyxda!


Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
 
guitardoc64
Old
#1009  
guitardoc64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 342
Posts: 1,617
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lake Charles,LA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
Hey guys, tell me that this can not be confusing. This is from one of the motorola razr threads. And it is no wonder I still have yet to root my razr.

What do these actually do?[*]​Restore Droid RAZR to 6.12.173 (Fastboot Restore. RSD Lite alternative. Must be in AP Fastboot Mode to do this))[*]Droid Root for 2.3.6 (motofail) (Roots 2.3.6 and below for Motorola Droids. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. )[*]Unroot (Must be rooted to do this. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App (Use this app to stay rooted after an OTA. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Install Bootstrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Do not install this AND Safestrap. Pick one.[*]Install Safestrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Can essentially dual boot. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW USERS. Do not install this AND Bootstrap. Pick one.[*]Overclock Install (See coryjohn's guide on Overclocking. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]System Pull (This is NOT a recovery program or backup program. This is for devs and power users. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Droid RAZR Root for ICS 4.0.3 (The GSM ICS leak can be rooted with this. Our ICS may also be.)[*]Boot into Fastboot from Debugging (Exactly what it says. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Boot Normally from Fastboot (If you are in Fastboot mode you can use this to boot normally)[*]Boot into Motorola Recovery from Fastboot (Read above. Exactly what it says it what it does.)[*]Boot into Motorola Recovery from Debugging (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]ADB Shell (A way to more manually control your phone. For power users and devs. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)[*]Wipe Data/Cache (Be in AP Fastboot mode to do this. Wipes your data and cache.)[*]Attempt Bootloader Unlock (Just for fun. Will Not work!) (Exactly as it says)[*]Reboot Phone (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)





"All Throttle-No Bottle"
Huh? Wow. They left out the part where you click your heels together three times and say there's no place like home.

Sent from my Clean and MeanROM 3D
Current phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Retired: EVO 3D, Hero,Vogue,Apache
ROM:Crawrj stock rooted MF9
Recovery:TWRP
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guitardoc64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mikeyxda
Old
(Last edited by mikeyxda; 17th February 2012 at 09:33 PM.)
#1010  
mikeyxda's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 13157
Posts: 3,460
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida - Gulf Coast

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB. View Post
Not much difference in the sound, I never really had any luck with DSP, or Volume plus, the only thing that helped increase the volume was when I was on the Sony Xpera ROM, whatever he did for a sound tweak was great, someone mentioned they flashed the Sony Bravia Engine
DSP Manager makes a significant increase in system volume as set in 1.2. Volume is increased by 30% across the board. I actually measured this with a decibel meter by opening DSP Manager, clicking "Phone Speaker", and checking/unchecking "Enable" on the equalizer: and this was measured with the phone already at max volume. I measured the volume increase on ringtones, notifications, music player, YouTube, and even games like Shoot the Apple, Angry Birds, etc. All of them show a 30% increase in volume with "Enable" checked. The only place I noticed not as much of a change was some music in the media player: music that was already nearly clipped. The music player seems to have some sort of cap due to the SRS sound enhancement.

You can prove the volume increase given by DSP Manager quite easily. Open DSP Manager, click "Phone Speaker" and tap volume up until the volume reaches maximum. At that point, every tap of volume-up produces a "ding". Keep clicking volume up and making dings while you check and uncheck "Enable" on the equalizer in DSP Manager. You'll notice that the dings are significantly louder when you check "Enable", proving that it does in fact work.

Mike
Some of my other creations (mostly digital photography software):
http://www.ddisoftware.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikeyxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes