Touchscreen works at 50% after installing wrong rom

Search This thread

Michalica

Aug 30, 2014
Hi all,

i got problem with my Jiayu G2F TD-SCMA (1280*720), accidentaly i installed new custom rom(lewa) for WCDMA(840*480) version of rom, to my TD-SCMA.
Sure, that rom dont boot proprely, then i realize it was bad rom, so i install back my backup with CWM. And then apear my bug with touchsreen.
It looks like it works still only at 840*480, just look at video, and screens. I gues its not hw problem, because it apear after installing wrong rom to my device.
-everythings other works fine

What i was try:
- using SP flashtool to flash official roms(2x versions), custom roms = no change
- format all smartphone using SP flashtool = no change
- install some calibration .apk's = no change
- get backup from my friend = no change
- and my fiend gues its not kernel problem, because he compared my kernel with his and its same

imgup.cz/image/X2E - androsenzor
imgup.cz/image/X2F - multitouch
youtube.com/watch?v=x-G85y3FBHg&feature=youtu.be - video of problem

my apologize, i dont have permission to add links to post.

Best regards.
Majkl

all00

Sep 20, 2014
you have update your touch controller with wrong fw by flashing. it is still possible to flash it back, but you should have a loadable kernel with source of it. you should know a type of controller and find suitable fw (ex. on github). add fw in source code + add flash init block. in two words something like this. detailes you can google.

Killwish

Jun 28, 2014
Hell
Samsung Galaxy M31
Hi all,

i got problem with my Jiayu G2F TD-SCMA (1280*720), accidentaly i installed new custom rom(lewa) for WCDMA(840*480) version of rom, to my TD-SCMA.
Sure, that rom dont boot proprely, then i realize it was bad rom, so i install back my backup with CWM. And then apear my bug with touchsreen.
It looks like it works still only at 840*480, just look at video, and screens. I gues its not hw problem, because it apear after installing wrong rom to my device.
-everythings other works fine

What i was try:
- using SP flashtool to flash official roms(2x versions), custom roms = no change
- format all smartphone using SP flashtool = no change
- install some calibration .apk's = no change
- get backup from my friend = no change
- and my fiend gues its not kernel problem, because he compared my kernel with his and its same

imgup.cz/image/X2E - androsenzor
imgup.cz/image/X2F - multitouch
youtube.com/watch?v=x-G85y3FBHg&feature=youtu.be - video of problem

my apologize, i dont have permission to add links to post.

Best regards.
Majkl

Bro flash stock Rom will solve this problem.

Sent from my GT-S7582 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

siddney

Feb 10, 2011
Guys, did anybody find a working solution?
I have the same problem with my phone.
That happened because the touch screen controller chip get flashed somehow during the installation of G2FW rom to a G2F TW, and now is working with lower resolution of G2fw phone... So far i didn't find any solution, reflashing the software didn't help.

Probably the situation is similar like here: forum.zopomobileshop.com/thread-964-1-1.html
and if we can find a suitable bin file for our phone this solution can help.
As far i know that my G2F phone has got a ft5316 chip, but i didn't find anything for it.

The chip is build on the display connector, so probably if we change the whole screen module to new one it will work properly.

Anybody got some new ideas how to get the touch screen work good again?

siddney

Feb 10, 2011
I tried all roms found in needrom not only dor td-scdma but also wcdma, no luck, i think is necessary to inject firmware for touch screen via adb, prior root rigths... The problem is to find correct firmware..

Exactly, I wrote a email to focaltech, but no answers from them yet.
Anyway, did anybody try to replace the touch screen?
I have ordered one for 42$, and still waiting for it to arrive, but I'm quite worried, cause I read on Russian forum that in some cases it didn't help;/
do you have any experience with this?

WEDSON

Dec 24, 2014
Exactly, I wrote a email to focaltech, but no answers from them yet.
Anyway, did anybody try to replace the touch screen?
I have ordered one for 42$, and still waiting for it to arrive, but I'm quite worried, cause I read on Russian forum that in some cases it didn't help;/
do you have any experience with this?
No, but I will try the same thing.
I'll buy another touch screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success! Touch screen works correctly after replacing!
    We have a solution, but its a bit expensive:)
    Why would you replace a working touch screen? This is silly. Just find the correct firmware and flash that instead. I recall Jiayu G4 had touch issues, Jiayu released a touch firmware and all went well.

Stop replacing perfectly working hardware , it's wasteful and embarrassing. Here we are all a software forum. Software solutions are the only solutions, everything else isn't even if it "solves" the problem.

This is how Jiayu technical support answered me.
    "Sorry, you use inappropriate software to update, has caused the touch screen IC damage,the rom for G2F-W can't used for G2F-TD,because of the different screen.
    you need to replace a new touch screen or returned to the manufacturer to solve, updating software can't solve this problem."

Stevethegreat,
    You don't have the right to judge anybody, especially if you don't know the problem and situation. The hardware wasn't working perfectly, it was impossible to use the phone. Replacing screen solution was enough for me and I reached my target to make the phone usable again.
    I'm having the same problem.
    has anyone found a solution?
    No solution.. I think we can only send phone for replace..
    Success! Touch screen works correctly after replacing!
    We have a solution, but its a bit expensive:)

Why would you replace a working touch screen? This is silly. Just find the correct firmware and flash that instead. I recall Jiayu G4 had touch issues, Jiayu released a touch firmware and all went well.

Stop replacing perfectly working hardware , it's wasteful and embarrassing. Here we are all a software forum. Software solutions are the only solutions, everything else isn't even if it "solves" the problem.