evo 3d non-upgrade!

Search This thread

Warrior 3000

Apr 23, 2010
Anyone here gonna get the E3D without the upgrade plan besides me? I used my upgrade in order to get my evo last year and i think imma just buy the E3D full price and sell my old evo. So that next year when the new awesome phone comes out i can upgrade for that!

Buff McBigstuff

Oct 6, 2010
Detroit
So am I. I last used an upgrade for a palm pre in jan 2010. I went full price on my evo in June and I'm going full price again because my contact expires in november.

kd0axs

Sep 27, 2010
Blaine, MN
I think I am going to wait on this one. No doubt the EVO 3D will be an awesome phone, but I don't feel the need to go out and get one on launch day like I did with the EVO and the Palm Pre before that. I am still very happy with my original EVO even though the next generation of phones is starting to come out.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
I think I am going to wait on this one. No doubt the EVO 3D will be an awesome phone, but I don't feel the need to go out and get one on launch day like I did with the EVO and the Palm Pre before that. I am still very happy with my original EVO even though the next generation of phones is starting to come out.

x2, Evo is still running strong and it does everything I need it to. Plus I'm not about to pay 400-500 dollars for a new phone since I'm still under contract.

st0921

Jun 18, 2010
SF Bay Area
I used my upgrade last June when EVO came out, and I will become a silver premier effective 4/1, which is not eligible for a new line discount upgrade after 12-month service anymore (only premier gold can upgrade at a discounted price).

Just spoke with a Sprint rep, he said that I can change my plan to $89.99 before 6/1, which is my 12-month upgrade eligibility point, then I will become a gold premier automatically and get a discounted upgrade. Changing plan will not reset the 2-year agreement, so I can upgrade my EVO on 6/1 after changing the plan in May. Of course if EVO 3D comes out before 6/1, I'll be sad...

Edit: Correction - it looks like I need to stay with $89.99+ plan with at least 3 months, which means I need to change my plan now...

Last edited:

androidrookie84

Feb 27, 2011
OHio
I thought u had to be on that for three months?

I used my upgrade last June when EVO came out, and I will become a silver premier effective 4/1, which is not eligible for a new line discount upgrade after 12-month service anymore (only premier gold can upgrade at a discounted price).

Just spoke with a Sprint rep, he said that I can change my plan to $89.99 before 6/1, which is my 12-month upgrade eligibility point, then I will become a gold premier automatically and get a discounted upgrade. Changing plan will not reset the 2-year agreement, so I can upgrade my EVO on 6/1 after changing the plan in May. Of course if EVO 3D comes out before 6/1, I'll be sad...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
I'll just use my upgrade every year as I will have premier gold for being a 10yr sprint customer

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
My yearly upgrade (Premier Gold) is in Feb, and last year I used it (without thinking) on the Hero, then three months later the Evo comes out, and the Hero is old news.
I specifically bought my Evo used knowing that the new phones would be released this spring/summer.
So yeah, certainly going to use my upgrade this June. ;)

EliWay

May 19, 2006
Boston, MA
Guys, here's a great hint: Use wirefly.com to buy it. You can get a full discount even when you're not eligible for an upgrade

The catch? They charge you a $200 ETF on top of Sprint's ETF. BUT, even with wirefly's own ETF, the phone would still cost less than full price.

Rem3Dy

Jun 28, 2010
Not worth it to have a second contract with wirefly.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

k2buckley

Sep 24, 2010
I just labeled an envelope titled Evo 3d. Assuming it drops in roughly 12 weeks, and that it will be about 500 bucks. That's 41 bucks a week in the envelope, and by june, ill be buying an Evo 3d.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com

same boat, got the evo and palm on release day
had no problems with the first edition phones either

jstalford

Jan 2, 2011
NC
If we change now to $89.99 plan to get the Premier Gold to get the 12 mo. upgrade, is there something stopping us from dropping the plan back down to $69.99 after the upgrade? I def don't need a bigger plan, I probably use less than 50 min a month with the free mobile to mobile.

flipper12

Feb 4, 2010
Orange County, CA
I'm going to have to wait until it's released to employees.... If Sprint follows the same guidelines that they did for the original EVO, probably not until November or so.