D4 Carbon ROM

Search This thread

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
I saw this in another forum

http://goo.im/devs/carbon/maserati/nightly

I have currently have 6 ROMs on the root of my card and this one as of late has been my fav. Since I didnt see it on XDA for the D4 I figured I would post something about it. Here is the link to the page the has the specs about this rom and it has a link to Carbons page on GitHub.

Hope everyone in this community enjoys this rom and happy rooting. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Auronis1 and kwyrt

je2854

Oct 3, 2010
Houston, TX
The only place I saw this (at the time) was on goo.im.

Thanks for this, it's better then vanilla cm but with a little extra.
Hopefully now this will get more attention.

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
The only place I saw this (at the time) was on goo.im.

Thanks for this, it's better then vanilla cm but with a little extra.
Hopefully now this will get more attention.

That's probably why when I split my SMS to MMS it wouldn't send. I didn't think about that. Im going to send an email to team carbon about it tonight. :)

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

je2854

Oct 3, 2010
Houston, TX
That's probably why when I split my SMS to MMS it wouldn't send. I didn't think about that. Im going to send an email to team carbon about it tonight. :)

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

I saw an option to send at a different interval...
try increasing it to say 4 messages or 5 messages
... this way you will send more text instead of MMS.

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
I saw an option to send at a different interval...
try increasing it to say 4 messages or 5 messages
... this way you will send more text instead of MMS.

I havent really been using that rom, been on liquid. I'll switch roms and play around with the settings a bit but did increasing the interval work?

Sent from my PMID705X using Tapatalk 2

je2854

Oct 3, 2010
Houston, TX
I havent really been using that rom, been on liquid. I'll switch roms and play around with the settings a bit but did increasing the interval work?

Sent from my PMID705X using Tapatalk 2

I have never had an issue with this...
Although users with GSM will...
It is sent out differently I believe.

Liquid is ok, although I do not use
anything higher then either 2.2 or 2.4.

Kickbut101

Jan 25, 2010
This ROM so far is the best Ive run on my D4, after trying AOKP, Liquid, Avatar, and CM. The only issue I've run into, and I have never encountered before, is that my google contacts don't sync. Also on that note I can not edit, or create new contacts in the "people" app. I've downloaded another contact manager and am unable to edit or create in that one too. The contact editor will pop up then disappear in a matter of half a second. I have tried flashing the ROM on top of itself again, and also reinstalling gapps after wiping delvik cache. The rom is installed in slot-1 and I only have an AOKP rom installed in slot-2. Has anybody else experienced similar issues and had it resolved? I really don't want to go to another ROM after trying this one.

thank you for reading!

nowell29

Feb 4, 2009
Phoenix
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 4
It is a shame this doesnt get more attention. This is a superb rom. I have more stability and functionality with this than CM or AOKP. Loved pacman's options of everything, but it was not stable either. This one just works! People really need to try this one out

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JohnVo

Jan 13, 2014
Melbourne
Realme GT Neo 2
Do you know if Carbon has to be installed on rom-slot1?

I think it does. If you flash it, there is a warning in the flashing screen about ROM slot 1.

Anyway, one of the most stable ROM I've ever used.
There is an annoying bug with setting CPU maximum frequency (not sure if anyone else experiences it) but it can be fixed by using "profiles" on SetCPU :D

Reactions: Joril

dom2319

Feb 3, 2014
Annecy
I think it does. If you flash it, there is a warning in the flashing screen about ROM slot 1.

There is an annoying bug with setting CPU maximum frequency (not sure if anyone else experiences it) but it can be fixed by using "profiles" on SetCPU :D

Hi Folks,
I'm running Carbon too and I'm loving it. Believing that it's not available on Goo anymore (as AFAIK Goo.im folded), you can grab a copy from my Google Drive:
h t t p s://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0EWnwDplBc0fnJJd0s1ZV85aEE1YkF0TjNzM28tcmxfOVkzZVJ0OUVhLThrR29sb19vVW8&usp=drive_web&tid=0B0EWnwDplBc0fnBGbDg3ZmdZNC1ET1JZeVRWdE8tZ2p1Um41OThLeTZ2WWtRNE9TUXJpS2M
and here, other Droid4 related software:
h t t p s://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3MTT4jOK738fmdLLURMQVBGWkVpTDBMTmg1UGFUd3JWNDNlcUVzQWZFQXBpT3dCMFJhdTg&usp=drive_web&tid=0B0EWnwDplBc0fnBGbDg3ZmdZNC1ET1JZeVRWdE8tZ2p1Um41OThLeTZ2WWtRNE9TUXJpS2M

Dominique

yffynnon

Mar 15, 2016
Hi there. I'm looking for the Carbon ROM and tried your google drive links without success. It would be great if you could let me know if they are still active and, if not, where it is possible to find the Carbon ROM for a Motorola Droid 4? Cheers. Bernard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I saw this in another forum

http://goo.im/devs/carbon/maserati/nightly

I have currently have 6 ROMs on the root of my card and this one as of late has been my fav. Since I didnt see it on XDA for the D4 I figured I would post something about it. Here is the link to the page the has the specs about this rom and it has a link to Carbons page on GitHub.

Hope everyone in this community enjoys this rom and happy rooting. :D
    I'm having some weird screen issues. The screen keeps flickering. Anybody know if there's a fix, or is this just a rom issue?

I was having this issue with Pacman earlier today.......i changed roms cause it was getting to me.
    Do you know if Carbon has to be installed on rom-slot1?