galaxy note from 4.4.1 to 4.0.4 downgrade

Search This thread

kaborayyan

Feb 2, 2013
Alexandria
You can only flash custom ROMs based on touchwiz ROMs through recovery like sweetrom or aryamod .... or use Odin to flash original Samsung firmware because you can't use recovery to flash original firmware.

Press thanks if I helped you.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Reactions: lakkuMS

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
You can only flash custom ROMs based on touchwiz ROMs through recovery like sweetrom or aryamod .... or use Odin to flash original Samsung firmware because you can't use recovery to flash original firmware.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Or he just has to flash kernel for stock based ROMs and then flash some 4.0.x ROM.

Reactions: kaborayyan

sasabo

Oct 4, 2011
I have Omni rom 4.4.2 and how to go back to 4.1.2 (sweet room v1.1 lta e.g or aryamod v4)

sasabo

Oct 4, 2011
which cwm to flash,philz v5 or kitkat v 6?This say by sweet rom: Flash any Philz JB Kernel (after 4.35 cwm but recommend any newer than 4.89.4).
Do I need to flash an older version of CWM recovery when I switched back to JB 4.1.2?

Last edited:

lakkuMS

Dec 7, 2012
How to revert back from Omni ROM KitKat to Stock Jellybean Rom on my N7000

Hi,
I am a noob and have installed Omni ROM KitKat 4.4.4 on my Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
I am not able to effectively the features that were available on my note ealrier, not I am able to backup contacts from Titanium BAck Up.
I would like to revert back to the original firmware jellybean 4.1.2 . Is downgrading going to brick my mobile , can some one help me with this .

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Hi,
I am a noob and have installed Omni ROM KitKat 4.4.4 on my Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
I am not able to effectively the features that were available on my note ealrier, not I am able to backup contacts from Titanium BAck Up.
I would like to revert back to the original firmware jellybean 4.1.2 . Is downgrading going to brick my mobile , can some one help me with this .
Downgrading to JB is as easy as booting into recovery, wiping data, booting into download mode and flashing the stock rom
or booting into recovery and flash a custom TW rom or restore the backup if you made any before flashing Omni.

doloresanto

Jul 22, 2014
I have a non-rooted phone upgraded with what Samsung provided (several OTA, then Kies to 4.1.2, N7000XXLTC).

I'd like to downgrade to stock 4.0.4. My steps are:

1. wipe cache & data from Recovery (would a Factory Reset do both?);
2. use Odin to flash the ROM;
3. never do any sort of wipe again.

Is that correct?

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
I have a non-rooted phone upgraded with what Samsung provided (several OTA, then Kies to 4.1.2, N7000XXLTC).

Is that correct?
Steps are correct... Use the recovery option to wipe data / factory reset ..instead of the settings menu.

Reactions: doloresanto

vishvish3

Mar 26, 2012
Downgrading to JB is as easy as booting into recovery, wiping data, booting into download mode and flashing the stock rom
or booting into recovery and flash a custom TW rom or restore the backup if you made any before flashing Omni.

same thing for me,

but I have a issue here. I had made a backup of my 4.1.2 rom in cwm, and flashed a 4.4.3 omnibus rom,, after flashing omni I have twrp recovery rather cwm recovery , so I am unable to restore cwm backup

do I need to flash cwm again ,?

or any other ways

omni rom draining battery very fast, and it made a dead battery

thanks

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
same thing for me,

but I have a issue here. I had made a backup of my 4.1.2 rom in cwm, and flashed a 4.4.3 omnibus rom,, after flashing omni I have twrp recovery rather cwm recovery , so I am unable to restore cwm backup

or any other ways

thanks
Yes you will need to get CWM.. flash raw or philz kernel and then reboot recovery, wipe and restore the backup.

Reactions: vishvish3

apenz147

Mar 26, 2012
Let me share my own experience :D
Whenever i wanna go back to jellybean from kitkat :
1. Do clean wipe
2. Flashing official gingerbread rom
3. And then installing jellybean..
I dont know why but whenever flashing jellybean after do a clean wipe it never works so what i do is flashing gingerbread first hehe

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app

khopadi

Feb 13, 2013
I'm on 4.4.4 DU Rom.. The phone got hanged after I enabled the allow mock location option. Then the phone got stuck at the Samsung Logo screen. I went to recovery and tried doing factory reset, but it failed with error as unable to mount /data. After that recovery mode is not available, but I can go in Download mode. So, i tried to install JB 4.1.2 - N7000XXLTA via Odin. But the process gets failed after 'NAND write start'!!!

Any solution???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Sent from my GT-N7000

Or he just has to flash kernel for stock based ROMs and then flash some 4.0.x ROM.

Is that correct?
    Steps are correct... Use the recovery option to wipe data / factory reset ..instead of the settings menu.
    same thing for me,

or any other ways

thanks
    Yes you will need to get CWM.. flash raw or philz kernel and then reboot recovery, wipe and restore the backup.