[Q] The correct order of root

Search This thread

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
If you update with my guide you will keep root, that means all firmwares in my guide are 'rooted' (the real 'root' you get by flashing dualrecovery during the whole process) ;)
I don't really know what the difference between them is, apart from the 4G / LTE icon. I generally use the UK firmware, just because I like :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes you can replace the files directly if you want. When following the steps for rooting, change the files in step 15 and 19.1 to the files from 0.757 I provide in my other thread ;)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2642081

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2634196

If you follow the guide, you should be able to root without Unlocking Bootloader (Which will cause you loosing TA if you Unlock bootloader first)

So, the best way is to Root (Without unlock bootloader) which is in the guidance, then Backup TA, then you can unlock bootloader if you like (to install ROM or other tweaks).

For myself i just need root so i kept the Bootloader lock and have a backup TA just in case.
    If you have some concrete tips I'll be happy to edit the guide :)

Hi,

in my situation it would have been helpful to know following things:
    - is it ok to rename the downloaded .ftf files from .zip to .ftf ? --> in my case it was ok, because the windows explorer automatically saves the .ftf file as .zip (also .apk files). --> in your guide, post #8, you wrote that this is not ok.
    - as i already wrote in my last post, i thougt my phone got bricked after flashing the first file...
    - i got stuck at step 13, installing dualrecovery and got the message "Waiting for device to connect" - in my case everything was configured right on my computer, already checked your tips, but it doesn't work until the fifth restart of my phone... maybe you should also suggest a few restarts when the phone would not be recognized :)

i've rooted several samsung and google nexus devices, but this phone...

but in general, your guide is really good and helped me!
    I will take few days to better understand the process and then i will follow the guide's suggestions, i will post my experience
    using the guide after the hopefully successful ending....

Two questions:
    how do i do a "factory reset"?
    I have no data to lose, so data loss is not an issue for me....

At the hopefully successful ending of the guide which rom do i have?
    I want to get back the same device experience i begen the rooting process with....

Great :good:
    I rooted and unlocked the bootloader right after I bought the phone so data loss was also not a problem for me.

Factory reset is located in Recovery Menu under 'Wipe data/factory reset'.
    In the end you will have an unbranded UK firmware with root access. There isn't really any difference.
    Been there, done that, the help i get here mainly by zxz0O0(but not only), is VERY much appreciated.

Regrding the file switch you mentioned, what's wrong with .681 version? does .757 version is stable enough?
    I am not going tp flash my room too often so i am lloking for stable and proven firmware version....

Don't install .681, it has a massive bug. Sound comes from earpiece sometimes (randomly) instead of speaker. Sony released .757 to solve this!