Return from soft brick on kitkat

Search This thread

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
For the past few weeks I've been toying around with the no custom recovery issue on the KitKat update. Trying different boot.IMG to aboots to different boot sequences. As you can guess I've had no luck. And ive gotten completely disgusted with the lg flash tool and methods of returning to stock from soft brick. But what I have managed to figure out is if you use the "lg PC suite", when soft bricked on kitkat, to unbrick, you can go back into the " lg PC suite files on your PC and get the .kdz that it used to reflash your phone.

When soft bricked I would power off the phone by holding power till it went off then on for a second then right back off again. Make sure all drivers are installed before you plug in your phone. Once off hold vol up and plug into PC. This puts you into download mode. Now open the lg PC suite that your phone installs normally. Make sure you have internet connection. And at the top of the PC suite you will see a toolbar. Click " mobile devices " then in the drop down click " Restore upgrade errors". Let it do its thing. After its finished you'll also have the .kdz for KitKat in the PC suites files on your PC. I've fixed a dozen or so soft bricks using this method. And when I don't have internet connection I have used the "lg flash tool 2014 " along with the .kdz from the PC suite files and returned from soft brick.

Lg flash tool 2014 is posted in another thread on XDA. I am writing this in a hurry in hopes to help others but I'm rushing to work so don't have time to post links to the tools.

Good Luck.

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I never mentioned using any backup. The lg PC suite doesn't restore a backup. Nor does the lg flash tool.

So what are you talking about? And a backup would have to be restored through a recovery....which we do not have on KitKat nor is there an option in the stock recovery on jelly bean.

And in my original post I mentioned
" toying around with the NO recovery issue on KitKat".

Are you sure you replied to the correct post. Cuz I have no idea where you got the idea of using a backup to restore your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For the past few weeks I've been toying around with the no custom recovery issue on the KitKat update. Trying different boot.IMG to aboots to different boot sequences. As you can guess I've had no luck. And ive gotten completely disgusted with the lg flash tool and methods of returning to stock from soft brick. But what I have managed to figure out is if you use the "lg PC suite", when soft bricked on kitkat, to unbrick, you can go back into the " lg PC suite files on your PC and get the .kdz that it used to reflash your phone.

When soft bricked I would power off the phone by holding power till it went off then on for a second then right back off again. Make sure all drivers are installed before you plug in your phone. Once off hold vol up and plug into PC. This puts you into download mode. Now open the lg PC suite that your phone installs normally. Make sure you have internet connection. And at the top of the PC suite you will see a toolbar. Click " mobile devices " then in the drop down click " Restore upgrade errors". Let it do its thing. After its finished you'll also have the .kdz for KitKat in the PC suites files on your PC. I've fixed a dozen or so soft bricks using this method. And when I don't have internet connection I have used the "lg flash tool 2014 " along with the .kdz from the PC suite files and returned from soft brick.

Lg flash tool 2014 is posted in another thread on XDA. I am writing this in a hurry in hopes to help others but I'm rushing to work so don't have time to post links to the tools.

Good Luck.