One click root/unroot for galaxys no computer needed

Did this app help you? do you love it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kizer

Mar 31, 2009
www.links4jeeps.com
I'm in agreement with this security risk that an app like this now posses. Now anybody can use the app and with it something could be installed to harm our phones. I think, by forcing the user to do it a bit tougher he/she would at least know the dangers prior to installing it themselves opposed to installing a compass app and then all of the sudden root access is granted and then other things are either launched or downloaded in the background without the user even knowing.

designerfx

Sep 12, 2009
I'm in agreement with this security risk that an app like this now posses. Now anybody can use the app and with it something could be installed to harm our phones. I think, by forcing the user to do it a bit tougher he/she would at least know the dangers prior to installing it themselves opposed to installing a compass app and then all of the sudden root access is granted and then other things are either launched or downloaded in the background without the user even knowing.

this is not accurate.

I don't think it's good that this guy's app ended up the market, I agree with that - to the OP, fyi I'd suggest contacting google about it, even.

However, making something difficult (aka less user friendly) is always a bad idea. It's one thing to take away features to make something "more simple" but automating something that people had to do by hand is never a bad thing. If by that concept alone that'd be like saying you shouldn't use a gui on your phone/computer and should use the console because then people will understand better what they are doing.

sounds great in theory, doesn't work for anyone other than programmers.

jaskins4

Aug 6, 2010
scared...

i have always wanted to root but ive never had the courage to do so. but with you guys help im about to. so all im supposed to do is copy file to my phones internal memory, use a apk installer (i have apk manager, any suggestions?), turn my phone off, then back on, flash root the .zip, then debug?

any thing i need to know or understand in between these steps?

ryboto

Dec 25, 2008
i have always wanted to root but ive never had the courage to do so. but with you guys help im about to. so all im supposed to do is copy file to my phones internal memory, use a apk installer (i have apk manager, any suggestions?), turn my phone off, then back on, flash root the .zip, then debug?

any thing i need to know or understand in between these steps?

I too would like to understand the process better. Do I lose data? I've downloaded the .apk, but I can't run it, gives me an error about non-market apps. I'm using a Captivate.

CapitalM3

Apr 10, 2009
Good stuff, thanks. I'm already rooted but this will be a great help to un-root if I ever have to send off my phone for warranty work.

jaskins4

Aug 6, 2010
I too would like to understand the process better. Do I lose data? I've downloaded the .apk, but I can't run it, gives me an error about non-market apps. I'm using a Captivate.

download apk manager and if the .apk file is on your phone it will give you an option to install it from there. thats as far as i've got. i'm just worried about going from there.

humanswissarmyknife

Aug 6, 2010
The setting is in Settings/Applications/ then click the checkbox for "allow installation of non-Market applications"

It's the top option.

ryboto

Dec 25, 2008
The setting is in Settings/Applications/ then click the checkbox for "allow installation of non-Market applications"

It's the top option.

There's no such setting on my device. Like I said in my first Post, I'm using a Captivate. I only ask about this because in the article that linked me to this thread, someone commented that it worked on their Captivate.

designerfx

Sep 12, 2009
There's no such setting on my device. Like I said in my first Post, I'm using a Captivate. I only ask about this because in the article that linked me to this thread, someone commented that it worked on their Captivate.

it's a good thing we have google.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ca...sideloading-apps-captivate-2.html#post1217559

read that and note what it requires. You need to root your captivate and then you can do the third party apps option. rooting your captivate loses nothing. 0.

I'm kinda surprised you asked here (vibrant dev testing), but I would suggest searching XDA forums if you don't want to look on android. I'm sure there's a link to rooting the captivate somewhere.

Last edited:

ryboto

Dec 25, 2008
it's a good thing we have google.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ca...sideloading-apps-captivate-2.html#post1217559

read that and note what it requires. You need to root your captivate and then you can do the third party apps option. rooting your captivate loses nothing. 0.

I'm kinda surprised you asked here (vibrant dev testing), but I would suggest searching XDA forums if you don't want to look on android. I'm sure there's a link to rooting the captivate somewhere.

Maybe you didn't read my post. Where I read about this, someone had commented that it worked on a Captivate. i assumed the best place to ask about it would be the thread the story originated from. Guess I was wrong!

So, basically to be able to do a one click root, I need to have previously rooted my device??

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a

Because you are using an AT&T Captivate, you will need to follow other instructions to sideload apps. AT&T has disabled the option to install apps from unknown sources.

You are currently in the Samsung Vibrant forum. Try looking through the Samsung Captivate forum for instructions on how to root the Captivate using methods that will work for it. You won't get a one-click root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Q] Need tester for one click root for galaxys no computer needed

Hey,

I just wrote this up.

Thanks to jcase for the information and his root for eris: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=742228

This will root your phone with no button pressing. No need for a PC.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptkbiyt99bws3ft/Galaxysrooter_Final.apk

NOTE: The auto-reboot will not work. it seems only system apps can reboot the phone. So for now.

Here is the work around

Code:
    Just power off... Reboot into recovery...
    Hold vol + and vol -
    Hold power
    Wait for vibrant
    Release power
    Reinstall packages

Mirror thanks to jphilpot

Confirmed working! Thanks to themykel.

Thanks to all for bug testing. This should be the final version. No need to use astro or anything to move files.

Thanks!

If you like this app and it helped you. Please donate. http://bit.ly/crSq3B THANKS!
    I gave up guys!
    I tried many ways to root this mobile and its not working!

I downloaded: galaxy rooter, Rom Manager,SGS tools, SuperOneclick,,, nothing worked!

Even I can't have my phone reboot into recovery mode, I used vol + vol - power bottun way, vol+ home power way,,,nothing worked

I have a vibrant and I wish to see it rooted and have a rom!!!!!
    plz help guys!

Saif,

Check your PM
    It's alright, I had suffered a lot trying to figure out how to do everything, this is what helped me in the end, read it and you'll figure everything:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=849028

And I had everything set up, icandy75, thanks for offering help anyway :)
    Good luck