Mime glass screen protectors

Search This thread

mr mystery

Nov 20, 2010
Brampton
Same here, did it three times already and still has gaps around the edges. One thing I know though that it doesnt go away over time. I had it almost two weeks now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Anyone else? That's 2 of you so far if this is common I'm going to look at another brand.

Sent from my Note 2

reissc1

Aug 7, 2008
New Orleans
I have exactly same problem as well.
Contacted MIME and sent pictures about the no-stick edges problem.

Same here too. All edges and corners are not stuck down. With that said, they aren't raised. You can just see a color difference along the edges. It is very small, maybe 1mm. It hasn't changed in 2 weeks either. So, it looks like it doesn't get any worse over time. It doesn't bother me at all, but I can definitely see how you should expect a $30 screen protector to work perfectly.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Jack143

Jul 5, 2009
The mime screen protector is the best I have ever used, I'm glad I found this post. It's just like the original screen. The edges is not all the way down but it is very miner and not noticeable, the benefits out way that miner concern. This screen protector don't have rainbows, it's very clear, no finger prints, or smearing. And your finger glide smoothly across the screen, spen works great with it too. I've used zagg and spigen in the past. One other thing I liked about the mime there wasn't alot of different varieties to choose from,and they made it very hi quality.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

mingkee

I think there should have a separate "tempered glass screen protector" thread because it's unique, tough, scratch-resistant, and VERY EXPENSIVE.

-----------UPDATE--------------

I got an email from MIMEUSA:
Thank you for your pictures Matt. Quality control is something I personally take very seriously and I am sorry about this issue. I have forwarded your photos to our team members and we will be shipping out your replacement this coming Monday.

Best,

Olivia M.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr mystery

Ghost_1

Oct 8, 2007
I had my doubts but I had to replace my JLG protector and the MIME was my next choice. Really happy about the purchase. I have the nonstick edges like everyone else. Luckily my choice of bumper works perfectly with the MIME protector.

The handwritten note in the box and just the presentation alone made it awesome! Not the best pics but you can see my setup here:
CLICK HERE

Reactions: kms108 and Jack143

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Hi

I was the first to actually use the mime like protector, mine was the chinese version, and upto now i'm very happy with it, as someone futher up the post asked me, do I get lifting from the edge, well my protector doesn't lift up ,pretty good fit, but thers is a concern about other peoples problems about the bubble along the side, mine has something like that but you cannot see it unless you put the phone at a angle and against the light, but this is normal, unless the protector is made smaller you won't get that problem, this is due to the curve of the glass on the edge of the main screen,

I also don't get dust or anthing else sticking to the edge of the screen, and I have a very secure fit.

If people are worried about the edge problem I would suggest you select a PET screen protector, it's not a problem that can be sorted out unless they make the protector smaller, then people will start to say the protector are too small and won't cover near to the edges of the phone.

Jack143

Jul 5, 2009
The none stick edge is uniform all around the edge, except at the top of the phone, there it's completely down. I think it's the adhesive don't go completely to the edge. This isn't a issue for me cause the screen protector is hard and I don't see in the future it peeling up. The screen still should be well protected. The only problem I had, was I bought a seidio surface case which is a hard case, when I put it on it pulled up the screen protector up on the left top side. I removed the case and smooth the screen protector back down. Just ordered another case that should work with the screen protector.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
The none stick edge is uniform all around the edge, except at the top of the phone, there it's completely down. I think it's the adhesive don't go completely to the edge. This isn't a issue for me cause the screen protector is hard and I don't see in the future it peeling up. The screen still should be well protected. The only problem I had, was I bought a seidio surface case which is a hard case, when I put it on it pulled up the screen protector up on the left top side. I removed the case and smooth the screen protector back down. Just ordered another case that should work with the screen protector.

The adhesive is also along the edge, it's just the main screen that starts to curve slightly just where the edge of the protector is positioned.

Reactions: Jack143

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SaNaXROG4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Www.mimeusa.com

This video helped me with the protector. Posted it and have had it about a week. It's kinda similar to another glad protector out there. I love it. The clarity is amazing and the finger flow on the glass is great. U do have to wipe the smudges off after a bit but no biggie. The function of the S pen is great. It was a concern for me but as soon as I got it on the S pen was the first thing I tried and no problems.
    I've gone through a couple other protectors because I use the S pen a lot and hated the marks left on the screens so paying the $30 didn't concern me. The only thing I have issue with us that at the edges it looks like it's not fully connected but it is. Don't really notice it unless I focus on it but all in all a great protector for someone like me that was looking for something that was sturdy and didn't leave marked when u use the pen.

Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here are a couple of pics of the Mime screen protector :)
    No I didn't buy the home button. It's a bit recessed but it's not bad and I don't have any problems with turning on the phone. So fast no loss in touch sensitivity, I love this protector. I wanted a protector like this for a long time and now that it is I'm happy. A lot of smudges but a quick wipe and clear as anything.
    I ordered another one for my wife and it seems the order is delayed. I haven't heard anything from the company but my last order took 4 days to get to me.

Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.

This is what it looks like on my phone.

Hi Vectron, I'm trying to decide between MIME and Seidio for a glass protector for my Note 2 and hoping you can weigh in here. Do you happen to have a comparison between the two? The small size of the Seidio concerns me since it requires having more of the edge of the phone completely exposed.

That's a tough call because I never tried MIME and can only base my opinion from reading 18-pages of comments in this forum :D What I see in common, tempered glass is obviously rigid in comparison to PET film so the cut makes a BIG difference since GN2 glass is curved toward the edges. So if you have to make a call on how wide it should be and considering that glass is thicker and thus edges will be more noticeable - I think the cut right at the edge of visible LCD portion of the screen looks very clean (VITREO). Regarding not having a full screen protection, if you have a decent case with a lip - it won't matter much since the exposed part (with UAG case it's about 2.5-3mm) will not come in contact with surface and any impact directed at the glass has a lot higher probability of lending in the middle anyway (like if you drop it on a sharp or protruding object).

From what I gathered, people with MIME tempered glass have issues with bubbles around edges and some bubbles in the middle that take awhile to clear up, etc. But the product has a price advantage and offers a wider coverage, although at the expense of edges not always sticking (maybe it was in early version and fixed now?!?). Vitreo I believe is a higher quality product but it comes at a higher price as well, and also smaller cutout. I also heard from a few people that touch sensitivity of MIME is not the best, something I can't complain about with Vitreo. Actually the opposite, I feel it's a bit oversensitive which could be part of a slippery glass I still getting used to after having iSmooth protector for 3+ months. Maybe it's just a combination of slippery glass and oleophobic coating which might wear out after a while. But I have noticed on a few occasions with Vitreo where I have to touch'n'hold the link my fingers slides a little down so I have to respond faster in these situation.

Maybe someone who tried both can chime in? The problem is that with tempered glass being so expensive if it works for you, nobody going to lift it off and go on try something else :) With plastic screen protector it's easier especially when you get 2-3 in a pack. So unless you have problems or don't like it anymore, and decide to take it off and to try another one - it will be hard to find someone who played with both. And even if you have some issues with edges not sticking, some people just accept it and live with it.
    Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here ya go.