G+ battery issues

Search This thread

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
Does anyone have any pointers for how to prevent Google+ from destroying my battery life? I have a bunch of space on Dropbox that's going to be expiring soon (and I'm not willing to pay their prices for extra storage), so I thought G+ photo backup would work well for me because I can get 100gb of storage for 2 bucks a month. But it has TOTALLY ruined my battery life. It seems to be aways running in the background regardless of whether it's actually backing anything up. I even set it up to only do backups when the phone is plugged in and on wifi, but the app is still running all the time. I have no idea what it's doing, but my standby time is crap now.

Any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong or what I could do differently? I'm getting close to disabling the app again. Thanks!

D

Darth

Disable it....use your browser. That is always the best advice. ;)

Terrible app.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

MaCroX95

Oct 19, 2012
Does anyone have any pointers for how to prevent Google+ from destroying my battery life? I have a bunch of space on Dropbox that's going to be expiring soon (and I'm not willing to pay their prices for extra storage), so I thought G+ photo backup would work well for me because I can get 100gb of storage for 2 bucks a month. But it has TOTALLY ruined my battery life. It seems to be aways running in the background regardless of whether it's actually backing anything up. I even set it up to only do backups when the phone is plugged in and on wifi, but the app is still running all the time. I have no idea what it's doing, but my standby time is crap now.

Any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong or what I could do differently? I'm getting close to disabling the app again. Thanks!

Hmmmm you could try to fix it with greenify for hibernating the app if you really prefer keeping it... :)

D

Darth

I'm not talking about actually using G+ itself. I'm talking about photo backup. I can't do that with the website.

Backup to drive maybe? Anything to do with Google plus will take its share of the battery.

And keep drive greenified too. :)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....