[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Messaging keeps closing every time I try to send a message from another app. I like say I use my gallery to send a pic. I when I hit send, it closes the msg n gives me an error but still sends.

sent from my virtuous inquisition/bricked kernal powered sensation 4G with beats

Why keep spamming the same question? You won't get an answer any quicker.

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
Is there going to be any updates to this rom? In terms of performance and stability. Maybe rebase to the new t-mobile base which seems smoother and quicker than the one HTC released.

And also, the theme engine that's included with AOSP roms, anyway we could port those over to this?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

heinzelrumpel

Feb 26, 2008
Hi,

just installed this ROM on my sensation, which I got swapped by Vodafone. Problem is, that I cannot turn on WIFI. The switch in Settings on the right does just slip to the right but does not turn un WIFI, when I hit WIFI on the left it brings me into the WIFI menu and when I try to switch it on there I get the Message "Do you want to turn on WIFI? but there ist no "yes" or "no" button. Tried to reflash, but this does not change the problem. Anything I can do?

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Hi,

just installed this ROM on my sensation, which I got swapped by Vodafone. Problem is, that I cannot turn on WIFI. The switch in Settings on the right does just slip to the right but does not turn un WIFI, when I hit WIFI on the left it brings me into the WIFI menu and when I try to switch it on there I get the Message "Do you want to turn on WIFI? but there ist no "yes" or "no" button. Tried to reflash, but this does not change the problem. Anything I can do?

Did you follow all the instructions? Particularly flashing the right firmware fully by having an unlocked boot loader?

thekoopers

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
I need some help please. I tried running a different kernel and I went into 4ext recovery flashed the kernel and to no avail...nothing changed. Tried again and still the same Sebastian kernel that comes with the ROM....now my problem is that I've been trying to get into Recovery and when I do I press recovery and it automatically goes into reboot and starts the ROM...in another words, it just restarts the ROM and out doesn't allow it
To go into the actual recovery to install whatever I want to install from sd card...Is there anything I can do to have it working again.
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

5ufy9n

Dec 24, 2011
Wuhan
btw can anyone tell me which beats mod works well with virtuous inquisition 4.0.2 ? tried like a couple of beats mods and only the Dolby and SRS sound different beats sounds like there's no effect enabled..don't really know if that's got to do with the ROM or my z710e o_O

boulder_boy

Sep 20, 2011
London
I need some help please. I tried running a different kernel and I went into 4ext recovery flashed the kernel and to no avail...nothing changed. Tried again and still the same Sebastian kernel that comes with the ROM....now my problem is that I've been trying to get into Recovery and when I do I press recovery and it automatically goes into reboot and starts the ROM...in another words, it just restarts the ROM and out doesn't allow it
To go into the actual recovery to install whatever I want to install from sd card...Is there anything I can do to have it working again.

Did you flash Socali's kernel reset files? If not then that may be the cause of the issue...here's the link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25226732&postcount=10371
Flash that file first and then the kernel of your choice.
Are you trying to reboot into recovery via the quickboot app? maybe try the old fashion way i.e. power+vol down

thekoopers

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Did you flash Socali's kernel reset files? If not then that may be the cause of the issue...here's the link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25226732&postcount=10371
Flash that file first and then the kernel of your choice.
Are you trying to reboot into recovery via the quickboot app? maybe try the old fashion way i.e. power+vol down

Hi, yes I did flash Socali reset files. Then I flashed the other kernel and still nothing...I've tried quickbot, powered down the phone and even pulled battery out and everytime I try and go into recovery and press recovery it just boots back into the ROM..it just resets itself. It doesn't let me flash anything on my sd card.

Edit: volume down button + power get me into bootloader. I go into (press) recovery and it still just resets back into the ROM...
Don't know what else to do...???

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Hi, yes I did flash Socali reset files. Then I flashed the other kernel and still nothing...I've tried quickbot, powered down the phone and even pulled battery out and everytime I try and go into recovery and press recovery it just boots back into the ROM..it just resets itself. It doesn't let me flash anything on my sd card.

Edit: volume down button + power get me into bootloader. I go into (press) recovery and it still just resets back into the ROM...
Don't know what else to do...???

Your recovery installation might be corrupt, try installing it again via the 4ext app then use the power menu in 4ext to reboot into recovery.

Also, check your SU binary is up to date.

thekoopers

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Your recovery installation might be corrupt, try installing it again via the 4ext app then use the power menu in 4ext to reboot into recovery.

Also, check your SU binary is up to date.

Okay so I've uninstalled the 4ext app and then installed a different 4ext app, went to power menu in 4ext and pressed recovery and still the same thing...just reboots back into ROM....
How do I go about checking if SU Binary is up to date?

jheysl2

Oct 27, 2010
London
Okay so I've uninstalled the 4ext app and then installed a different 4ext app, went to power menu in 4ext and pressed recovery and still the same thing...just reboots back into ROM....

make sure u got s-flash (smart flash) on in 4EXT settings when wiping and installing new kernel

Reactions: thekoopers

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010

No, not the 4ext app - I said recovery, flash the recovery again from inside the app. Update SU binary from the SU binary app.

Reactions: thekoopers

thekoopers

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
No, not the 4ext app - I said recovery, flash the recovery again from inside the app. Update SU binary from the SU binary app.
I went into SU Binary and it said it was up to date but I updated anyway and it says it's up to date.
I'm lost now when you say flash the recovery again from inside the app.? What app.? 4ext app? I'm sorry, not trying to be difficult.

waqar747

Oct 5, 2007
Strange issue.

Guys I've spent the better part of the last two days trying to figure this one out. I hope someone here can help me with this.
On my Sensation XE, I had ARHD 6.6.3 installed earlier, and then I installed Coindroid 1.5.2 and tried it out for a couple of weeks. Both ran perfectly with no issues. I wanted to go with something light now, and I came across the Virtuous Inquisition ROM. Downloaded it, and the 3.32 firmware from the user-friendly page, and now my sensation is not going to go beyond the initial "V" logo after the white HTC screen. It is in bootloop and I can't figure out what could be wrong. I tried another 3.32 firmware from the other thread (mike's thread - it might be the same) but still the same. I searched through and someone suggested that I install the 3.12 with all files deleted minus the bootloader and even that didn't work. Can't seem to figure this one out. I even tried the other firmware that was working with Coindroid and ARHD and that just gives the "V" logo 5-10 more secs to stay on the screen and then it reboots again.
Something has be wrong somewhere because I formatted my SD, formatted my phone through EXT4 (also tried superwipe) but it just doesn't work.
Any help with this would be great. Surprisingly, if I install my previous firmware and then flash Coindroid over it, that works! But I can't get this thing to work with Virtuous Inquisition. BTW I S-OFF'ed and SuperCID'ed before installing the ARHD and I believe it would still be in that state. It doesn't give me a wrong CID message no matter what 3.32 I install. I am out of options now.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

BTW this is what the Bootloader from my working firmware says:
*** LOCKED ***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.23.000
RADIO-11.19.3504.29_2
OpenADSP-v01.6.0.2226.00.1227
eMMC-boot
Dec 26 2011, 12:14:25

Also I checked my CID and it is superCID (all 1's)

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.
Wrong bootloader
1.27 is the one I use and have no problem flashing between the different ice cream sandwich roms out there.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda

You can find firmware here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26154563
my bootloader says revolutionary at the top also I think Mike from Android revolution post a link on his page here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21989107

It's out there some where I have mine stored on my sdcard and renamed to something else so it won't be read when I'm in bootloader trying to revert to and from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich. With 4 ext recovery I flash a gingerbread rom the reboot into bootloader and flash the necessary firmware and I'm good to go. Hope it works for you like it did me

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)