[ROM] | 12 JULY 12 | IceColdSandwich Perfecto-Linaro Edition | ICS | CM9 Kernel

Search This thread

enomis27

Aug 4, 2011
Naples
ok thanx to everyone...I'll wait....anyway I really appreciate your work....Guys you're great!!! Keep it up the good work!!!

faddys123

May 8, 2010
I haven't tried music in 6.2 but in the last version I out headphones in and with equaliser disabled it blasts out once I lower or higher the volume it returns to normal but I have to do it with every track

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

tookeuss

Jan 17, 2012
Nantes
Hi, flashed 6.1 a few days ago, and it seems quadrant score is worse than 6.0, was around 2100/2200, and now 1800/1900... Does anybody have this problem?

Sent from my Desire Saga using XDA

Last edited:

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
Hi, flashed 6.1 a few days ago, and it seems quadrant score is worse than 6.0, was around 2100/2200, and now 1800/1900... Does anybody have this problem?

Sent from my Desire Saga using XDA

It's hardly a problem. Quadrant always gives you very different scores, even if you run it on the same version. That's why many say it's not a good way to test performance

Sent from my Desire Saga using xda premium

tookeuss

Jan 17, 2012
Nantes
Bro chuck the quadrant scores...its a result of many factors...dont you find 6.1 super stable and smooth as compared to 6.0...I guess thats what matters...:)

you're right. was just a question ;)
i flashed tiamat instead of CM kernel and it's a bit better... had a few reboots when calling before on 6.1, and it happened only once for the moment with the tiamat's.

smartceleron

Dec 21, 2010
On android market i have a problem. At a lotvof aplications i cant download them becausectell me: the aplication is not compatible.

Why? How can i solve it?

smartceleron

Dec 21, 2010
On market place at a lot of apps say: your device is not compatible with this version.

And i cant download a lot of apps from android market.

Why?

Luca_BR

Apr 18, 2011
Milano
:banghead:
I Still can't find gmail app on the market! Set LCD density to 240 and used market enabler. I'm getting crazy!

Sent from my HTC Desire S

eyahl

Jan 11, 2012
berlin
On market place at a lot of apps say: your device is not compatible with this version.

And i cant download a lot of apps from android market.

Why?

Dude, look one post above. 3 minutes after you asked a question that was already answered in this thread, somebody was so kind to give you the link to the solution for your question. And 2 hours later you simply ask again?? Read before post.
Btw, I hope you don't ask a third time, so here is your answer: change the dpi of your display to 240. It's 200 by default

Edit: omg I cannot believe you already asked a third time...

This is due to non standard DPI settings. Check in ROM Control - General-Resolution, if you have standard HDPI (240) resolution. Set it to standard, reboot and clear data for market. You'll be fine after that

Sent by my fingers to your head.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisCB

smartceleron

Dec 21, 2010
Thanks man! It works!

Another little problem is that in game barthender who need flashplayer show me that i have no flashplayer, but i already have adobe flash player 11. Why?

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
Gmail is NOT available in the Play Store for ICS. Check this , it says 2.2 - 2.3.7. Google said it won't be putting Gmail in the Play Store, I don't know the details, search for it on google :p It's not a DPI or ROM-Related issue.

Reactions: Luca_BR

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
Anyone else getting lag on this ROM with Temple Run? I'm already addicted but sometimes the lag just makes it unplayable!

Electrostatic King

Oct 30, 2011
tried flashing tiamat kernel but after reboot, wifi does not urn on. Any advice ? Tried multiple times, no effect, still same problem.

BTW, I'm htcdev unlocked.

smartceleron

Dec 21, 2010
Another little problem is that in game barthender who need flashplayer show me that i have no flashplayer, but i already have adobe flash player 11. Why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my 1st official release of a port else I just port and use it for myself...
    So please bear with me and be a bit polite if something doesn't work...:)

Fully-Functional :

Battery history
    Bluetooth & WiFi
    Bluetooth Headset / A2DP
    Google Apps
    GPS
    Headset / Headphones
    HW Acceleration
    Microphone when using apps
    Mobile Data
    Mobile Data usage logging
    Sensors (Proximity, Light, Compass, Rotation)
    Touchscreen
    USB Mass Storage
    USB Tethering
    WiFi tethering
    Rear Camera
    Camcorder
    Panorama mode

Semi-Functional :

Front Camera (Incorrect inversion)
    FM Radio (Spirit FM)

Quick Peek :

Video : View
    Thanx a ton Rapier for that :)

Changelog :

* Based on IceColdSandwich 8.3 stable
    * Latest AOKP kernel with smartassv2 and sio schedular
    * Linaro changes added to the source
    * Only change from stock added music player from JB I guess...sry about that
    * Super Super Smooth and Buttery taken to new level !!!

Installation Instructions:

- Full wipe mandatory, if not coming from any previous IceColdSandwich build (mine or Rapier) or any other rom. Else rom will fc and lag. Sorry but I recommend for testing full speed and no issues!!!
    - Flash Rom
    - Flash CamFix
    Optional : Flash any additional kernel if you want
    - Reboot & Enjoy

Rom : Download
    CamFix : Download

A final word for people who need more info on the rom...
    Link to Original Thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1450962

Additional Kernel

Default kernel in my rom
    AOKP kernel with Governors and Schedulars : Download
    Tips :

* For kernel :
    * Under Performance :
    Keep the Overclocking as 245-1100 smartassv2/ondemand for no slowdowns
    Also prefer sio schedular using set-cpu with the additional kernel
    Also select forced disable scrolling cache

* If something FCs then go to apps...clear data...restart...:)

* Finally for awesome look...use this theme...
    Link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1550926
    But after flashing both the zip...SystemUI has stopped error will occur...replace the systemui.apk from the rom in /system/app/ and reboot...all should be fine and your phone should fly :)

Credits :

* Lord Clockan for allowing me to post the rom and for innumerable help:good:
    * Nexx and CM9 team for kernel
    * Also Rapier for all his test builds and helping the users on the thread...Appreciate :good:
    * Nk11 for helping me out with touchscreen issue :good:
    * Prox for helping me with whatever little I know about porting (I mean Proxuser) :)
    * All Devs who helped in some way or the other for ICS development
    * Finally Xda and Desire S community for everything :)

Finally if you like the rom...take a bit of time to thank Lord Clockan and even go ahead and Donate...:)
    For me just a thanks would be more than enough...:)

* If you like the rom just go ahead and use this SigPic to show your support...
    Credit : enigmaamit (for supporting the rom always) :)

Download
    Add Ons and Extras :

* FaceUnLock : Download
    hm.. I could try to build for saga from source these days...
    OK. So here's a quick guide for porting these DHD ROMs to Desire S. Funny thing is that I'm not a developer nor a real porter and I use files provided by someone else (proxuser) so I should be the last to post a tutorial for this. But till someone more experienced will do it, it's good for start.

All credits for files should go to proxuser, he was doing the hard part. And of course Lord ClockaN for the amzing ROMs

1. Download the "base" Desire S files provided by proxuser from HERE
    2. Make a folder called IceColdSandwich (or whatever you like) and make a subfolder for each ROM you would like to try. Also make a subfolder for the base Desire S files.
    3. Extract the base files downloaded in step 1 to the subfolder created in step 2
    4. Download the ROM you want from DHD forum and extract it in another subfolder. (I usually have something called Base 4.3, Base 4.1.2 and so on for the IceColdSandwitch versions that I've tried).
    5. Now you have 2 options in order to have a proper build.prop file located in the system folder where you've extracted the DHD ROM. Either copy the one included in the "base" files (but this way you will always have same version shown in About Phone) or, you edit the file yourselves. If you choose to edit the file yourself, be warned that you should save the modified file in a different location since it'll be overwritten when copying base files. After copying you can replace the build.prop file with the one modified by you.
    5.a Using the build.prop from base files... Just copy the base files over the ones extracted from DHD ROM and replace any files there.
    5.b Using build.prop edited by yourself... Make a copy of the file and edit it WITH WORDPAD. Do NOT edit the file with Notepad. Replace in the file "ace" with "saga" on some of the entries there. You can compare with the build.prop in the base files to see what should be changed. This way you'll have the correct version of the ROM displayed in About Phone.
    5.1 (optional) Place in system/app the APKs you would like to have and are different from original DHD ROM...for ex another camera.apk or the inverted GAPPS. Normal GAPPS package can be downloaded from CM9 thread, inverted GAPPS can be downloaded from HERE (credits to pimpmaneaton)
    6. ZIP the folder, I usually select all folders and right-click then "Send to compressed folder" ...working great in Windows 7 (you can use also 7ZIP or other programs for this). Give the ZIP a name of you choice.
    7. Sign the ZIP using AndroidSigner from HERE. It's simple, install it the the signing process is a matter of drag and drop files onto it. The result will be another ZIP file having the word "signed" at end.
    8. Copy the "signed" file onto your SDCARD and flash it in recovery.
    9. Enjoy your ROM

NOTES:

- As always, it's advisable to make a nadroid backup just in case.
    - Don't know if this should be a different thread or not. I put it here because is referring to the port of DHD IceColdSandwich ROM. I recall that proxuser said his files should work on any AOSP ROM and I think they do. So this tutorial could be applied to other ROMs as well but exercise caution though. Do not try this on SENSE ROMs, don't think they'll work since the framework is different.

Many thanks to all for their hard work and from which I've learned alot. Maybe in the future, proxuser will made a real tutorial for porting. Looking forward to it...
    I've ported latest 7.2 Farewell Edition.

Changelog (from original thread):

- sync overide option added to Profiles - CM
    - BT updates
    - new camera HAL from twisted (camcorder still doesn't work, use Videocam Illusion from market)
    - updated NovaLauncher to 1.0.3b2
    - add boot sound option - the boot sound file should be in: /system/media/android_audio.mp3, don't know if it works :p
    - added BLN toggle, and in quite hours - by Robin
    - custom icons for lockscreen fixed - AOKP
    - custom lockscreen wallpaper finally enabled and fixed
    - a lot of patches trough out the rom
    - updated a lot of apps
    - new kernel 9.4 BFS - updated gpu drivers, vidc, msm_rotator, wlan, audio, etc...
    - I must have forgotten something

Added to the above:
    - latest CM9 Kernel (from 9.04.2012)
    - latest CM9 camera libs (front camera works, didn't have time to check video calls but I think it works)
    - changed audio libs to avoid the crackling speaker sound (I got this after first try to port)

I find it stable for the time being, tested it whole day with heavy WiFi/browsing/etc. I've flashed it with full wipe and install everything from scratch with no Titanium restore. I wanted to have the cleanest install possible and also to check how ROM performs and so on. No reboots, even I had several long phone calls, no signal drop...I had these in the past. Will see what's next...

For the ones loving "dark" versions, just to let you know, I've flashed latest Blackened UI & GAPPS and it's working GREAT on 7.2. You can find the original thread of this mod in the OP

I'll link it as soon as I'm at home. From office I cannot upload unfortunately.

Later Edit: As promised, here's the link for 7.2

http://www.mediafire.com/?7u6kgt2knhqtcxp

MD5 sum: B28D9173F946A56FF66A852FE0

As always thanks should go to Lord Clockan for his great ROM and to all devs on this forum