Played with the One!

Search This thread

-]Megacharge[-

Nov 16, 2010
Montreal
While I like what HTC has done with the itunes backup thing, since im going from a iPhone 4 to a HTC One, Im still going to use iTunes. Its the only thing I like about Apple. It has an elegant interface and its fast on my PC. I still see myself using it over anything else because its great. If you could show me another music manager that is as aesthetically appealing as itunes by all means show me. :p Only problem i see is syncing my music on to my HTC One. I'm not a fan of cloud storage music since i have 21 gigabytes of music and that wont be very nice with a 2 gigabyte data plan since i listen to music everyday for at the least 3 hours.

To each their own, I always hated that craptastic piece of Malware.

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

Feb 24, 2013
Beltsville, Maryland

It used to be real bad, but iTunes 11 is great. I tolerated it before iTunes 11, since it was terribly optimized on PC and even my i7 3770k with 8gbs of RAM I couldn't scroll through the list without lag. Its perfect now though. Winamp no matter what skin i used still felt like it was a WinXP program. Double twist was also bad looking when i tried it out and wasn't as good with functionality. I think its the only good thing that's come out of Apple in well, ever. Im still hunting down for a good program to use though, so i can totally get rid of Apple. But until than, iTunes 11 is more than pleasing.

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
Hi, did you feel an improvement in the Internet browser with the 2 gb instead of the 1 gb? I mean, is there less tab reloading every time you switch from some app to the browser?

Didn't play with the browser but 2gb makes a huge difference in the multi tasking and switching between apps seamlessly without them having to reload (like on the one x that made me so mad)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
uploadfromtaptalk1362770885297.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362770903954.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362770932306.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
I played with it more this time around. It really is solid feeling all around. No build issues I could find.

This one is behind on software, there was no option to remap the back button to be the menu with long hold. So it had the cwappy space wasting menu bar at the bottom of the screen.

pnnorth

Dec 18, 2010
I played with it more this time around. It really is solid feeling all around. No build issues I could find.

This one is behind on software, there was no option to remap the back button to be the menu with long hold. So it had the cwappy space wasting menu bar at the bottom of the screen.

Can't believe they've done that with the legacy button again.

Edit.. You can remap the back button http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...e there's a way to remove the 3dot for menu??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
Can't believe they've done that with the legacy button again.

Edit.. You can remap the back button http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...e there's a way to remove the 3dot for menu??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm aware it's been changed... I said that the software was behind on the one I was handling.

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
A certain retailer where the Best people Buy electronics will be taking pre orders on the att and sprint versions on that same date mentioned above ;)

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
A certain retailer where the Best people Buy electronics will be taking pre orders on the att and sprint versions on that same date mentioned above ;)

Haha I see what you did there. But thanx for letting us know. :thumbup:

I'm going to probably check it out there first.

Sent from my HTC Mytouch 4g using xda premium

JesseMT4G

Aug 30, 2011
Youngstown
Hoping the rumors are true for the 13th release on at&t, means it should be coming out for tmobile then as well.

Hoping the camera isn't jacked up.

Sent from a galaxy far away!

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
Hoping the rumors are true for the 13th release on at&t, means it should be coming out for tmobile then as well.

Hoping the camera isn't jacked up.

Sent from a galaxy far away!

13th announcement for release dates... Not a release date of the 13th.

jaminbird

Feb 27, 2008

Awesome, this is the information I've been checking this forum for. Thank you! Has anyone seen demo units in the US that customers can check out?

On another note, I wonder what's happening on the 14th?

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
Awesome, this is the information I've been checking this forum for. Thank you! Has anyone seen demo units in the US that customers can check out?

On another note, I wonder what's happening on the 14th?

As my HTC rep said... The newest McDonald's happy meal toy is being announced on the 14th.

And if you happen to be in a Best Buy or att or sprint or tmobile store while there is an HTC rep around you can play with it.

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
I got to play with the phone today and i gotta say the phone is nice

it was the silver one
it was for Tmobile but the HTC guy had the sim card remove since he was at the Sprint store.
Build is awesome feels like you can drop it and not worry about it well except for the screen obviously
its all one piece which looks kind of cool .
OFF/ON times were quick.
Camera was good not the greatest but good.
The infrared on it since its usable for a couple of different things. HTC guy took about 30 seconds to get the phone to work as a controller for the Sprints store samsung tv. he kept changing the channel and turning it off and on.
Sense is alot lighter and not laggy like before..... but its not 100% laggy free but its still good.
The speakers in front make it sound even louder when you compare it to other phones placed on the counter.
Battery even though its small last a long time. Guy about 7hours and was still on 90% battery left.
The new Recent apps menu is nicer than the one from before no more side scrolling , everything is at a glance.
Definately making me thing twice about buying the SG NOTE 2
Also HTC guy said all three carriers (no verizon) will release it by march 16-april 6 at the latest)

hope this helps others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I got to play with the international version. It was running on att hspa+ network.

Phone felt great. Physically amazing. Amazing screen. Big HTC fan for years even though I'm using a Galaxy device. The new sense is nice. Front speakers are legit. Blinkfeed could be a nice replacement for flipboard or pulse.

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. uploadfromtaptalk1361655286943.jpguploadfromtaptalk1361655298973.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

uploadfromtaptalk1362770885297.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362770903954.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362770932306.jpg

While I like what HTC has done with the itunes backup thing, since im going from a iPhone 4 to a HTC One, Im still going to use iTunes. Its the only thing I like about Apple. It has an elegant interface and its fast on my PC. I still see myself using it over anything else because its great. If you could show me another music manager that is as aesthetically appealing as itunes by all means show me. :p Only problem i see is syncing my music on to my HTC One. I'm not a fan of cloud storage music since i have 21 gigabytes of music and that wont be very nice with a 2 gigabyte data plan since i listen to music everyday for at the least 3 hours.

Could you give any detailed impressions about Sense 5 in terms of UI? I've tried to watch as many videos of the HTC One I can find to see what it looks like, but I'd like to hear some specific impressions. I liked parts of Sense 4 (black font on white backgrounds), but absolutely hated the green they used frequently throughout the UI. It appears that Sense 5 uses blue more, gets rid of the textures on the blacks, and sticks with the black/white combo.

Could you give your impressions of it? How does the threaded messaging UI look like? Are there still green bubbles? Phone+Contacts UI? Any details you can give would be welcome :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSwZ_egj1w0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check this video out.. They show you the mesaging and phone app in this..

Tapatalkedddd...!!!!!