[ How To ] Browser Bookmark Sync Issues

Search This thread

Sitruc-G1

Dec 31, 2013
This is my first ever post on XDA...

I found an interesting situation where after installing Beanstalk 4.4.200 and pa-gapps-mini, my android browser bookmark sync was gone. All I could see is "Local" in the browser not the additional bookmarks from my Chrome account. Just to make sure I went to Settings > Accounts > Google > you@google.com, the Browser option is not there! So, I updated to the newest version of Beanstalk (4.4.225) and grabbed the gapps posted by the OP (gapps-kk-20131208.zip). Still, no solution. I tried searching everywhere and found no solution.

Then, I found that there is an APK that takes care of this called ChromeBookmarksSyncAdaptor.apk
I stumbled upon it by digging into the zip file for pa-gapps-full. It should be under the gapps location: system > app > ChromeBookmarksSyncAdaptor.apk
I pulled it out of the pa-gapps-full package, put it on my Infuse SDCard (thank you Dropbox!), and installed it by using Root Browser to copy the apk file into /system/app

After a reboot, the option to Sync in the Android accounts area is there. I just had to check it. Now I can see Chrome bookmarks in my Android browser.

PA-gapps thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Thought I'd share incase anyone else ran into this problem.

Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

Last edited:

AZTX

Jun 26, 2009
Thank you!

I found an interesting situation where after installing Beanstalk 4.4.200 and pa-gapps-mini, my android browser bookmark sync was gone. All I could see is "Local" in the browser not the additional bookmarks from my Chrome account. Just to make sure I went to Settings > Accounts > Google > you@google.com, the Browser option is not there! So, I updated to the newest version of Beanstalk (4.4.225) and grabbed the gapps posted by the OP (gapps-kk-20131208.zip). Still, no solution. I tried searching everywhere and found no solution.

Then, I found that there is an APK that takes care of this called ChromeBookmarksSyncAdaptor.apk
I stumbled upon it by digging into the zip file for pa-gapps-full. It should be under the gapps location: system > app > ChromeBookmarksSyncAdaptor.apk
I pulled it out of the pa-gapps-full package, put it on my Infuse SDCard (thank you Dropbox!), and installed it by using Root Browser to copy the apk file into /system/app

After a reboot, the option to Sync in the Android accounts area is there. I just had to check it. Now I can see Chrome bookmarks in my Android browser.

Thank you for this post! It works like a charm!

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
It does not work for me, couse i don't have a rooted phone probably. Any other solution for this?

If you are not rooted, sounds like you are still on the stock ROM. If that's the case, all the appropriate APK's will still be there, and the problem is related to a bad sync. Remove your google account, and re-add. That should fix it.

Btw, you don't need root to install non-market APK's, just get an APK installer from Google Play and adjust your settings to allow non-market apps.

Finally, does Chrome even work with Gingerbread? I thought it was only ICS and up?

Last edited:

stricek

Jul 15, 2009
trophymanager.com
If you are not rooted, sounds like you are still on the stock ROM. If that's the case, all the appropriate APK's will still be there, and the problem is related to a bad sync. Remove your google account, and re-add. That should fix it.

Btw, you don't need root to install non-market APK's, just get an APK installer from Google Play and adjust your settings to allow non-market apps.

Finally, does Chrome even work with Gingerbread? I thought it was only ICS and up?

Yes, i have a stock Android 4.4.2 on Note 2. Ok. I will try to remove it and add it again.
Amm, and this problem is with the stock android browser not the chrome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.