[Q] Sony Warranty & C6906 ROMs

Search This thread

Restricti0n

Jul 21, 2012
Hi everyone,
It's been about three months since my C6903 died from flashing (just like many here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572515). Anyways, Sony finally found another Xperia Z1 to swap with my old one, a C6906. I have a really bad feeling about swapping a C6903 to a C6906, mainly because I will not be able to flash monxDIFIED or iHackers rom. Am I correct on this assumption?
Also, is it normal that warranty takes 3 months to process and resolve, or should it be something I should get angry with Sony Support service when I talk to them about the swap.

All replies welcome, thank you for your time!

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
Hi everyone,
It's been about three months since my C6903 died from flashing (just like many here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572515). Anyways, Sony finally found another Xperia Z1 to swap with my old one, a C6906. I have a really bad feeling about swapping a C6903 to a C6906, mainly because I will not be able to flash monxDIFIED or iHackers rom. Am I correct on this assumption?
Also, is it normal that warranty takes 3 months to process and resolve, or should it be something I should get angry with Sony Support service when I talk to them about the swap.

This shouldn't be a problem at all. In the 'ealier' days there were indeed problems with custom roms on the C6906 but the developers managed to find a way to fix this, right now the right files get applied automatically if the installer detects you have a C6906.

Overall your experience should be exactly the same, maybe you'll have to wait a day longer if a whole new version of Android comes out before it works on the C6906 but nothing too major.

Reactions: Restricti0n

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

This shouldn't be a problem at all. In the 'ealier' days there were indeed problems with custom roms on the C6906 but the developers managed to find a way to fix this, right now the right files get applied automatically if the installer detects you have a C6906.

Overall your experience should be exactly the same, maybe you'll have to wait a day longer if a whole new version of Android comes out before it works on the C6906 but nothing too major.