HTC inspire AT&T bypass lockscreen password

Search This thread

slander98

Feb 22, 2012
My daughter has a HTC Inspire & recently lost it due to behavior unbecoming for a young lady!! My question is is there a way to gain root access in order to blow out the password file & access the phone or any other trick that wont reset everything? If im being honest, Im scared to death of what I might find but also believe its something that needs to be addressed before something even worse happens! Any of you with daughters know what im talking about.
I guess I could just record a youtube video of me putting a couple rounds in it!

Thanks in advance!

slander98

Feb 22, 2012
That looks like a nice program to instal on the device after I get into it but as it stands now the phone is locked & I dont even think its even rooted at this time! I need a tool or windows download of some sort. Any help greatly appreciated!

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
That looks like a nice program to instal on the device after I get into it but as it stands now the phone is locked & I dont even think its even rooted at this time! I need a tool or windows download of some sort. Any help greatly appreciated!

Do you know the # of characters for the password?

Start by trying things that you know your daughter is into... favourite band, tv show, etc.. or simple things like her birthday, her best friend's name

But honestly, why wouldn't you just ask her?

Tell her AT&T needs to know her password so they can try to recover the phone... just get creative, then once you unlock it install the app and you're good to go!

slander98

Feb 22, 2012
Yeah I figured out the password & tried to install the program but it says for security your phone is set to block installation of non market apps & takes me to settings but i couldnt find any options to allow me to do it.

Is this a relevant article or is there an newer or easier way?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=706887

Last edited:

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
Go to

Menu > Settings > Applications

Check the "unknown sources" box, good to go.

Not sure if AT&T still locks their phones from doing this.. but if so, the option won't be there..

I can't imagine that they would do still lock them from sideloading because then you wouldn't be able to use the Amazon app store..

Let me know

Guru Zeb

Jan 17, 2012
Up North !!!!!!!!!
My daughter has a HTC Inspire & recently lost it due to behavior unbecoming for a young lady!! My question is is there a way to gain root access in order to blow out the password file & access the phone or any other trick that wont reset everything? If im being honest, Im scared to death of what I might find but also believe its something that needs to be addressed before something even worse happens! Any of you with daughters know what im talking about.
I guess I could just record a youtube video of me putting a couple rounds in it!

Thanks in advance!

Jesus man ......... i so wish you hadn't posted this bro ........*sigh*.
I have 6 year old twin girls ......... and one of them Gretel ........ already has the most inappropriate friends you could possible imagine ............... :eek:

Am not being 'square' in believing 6 year olds do not need high heels am I??
That 6 year olds encouraging each other to kiss boys is unnecessarily early??
Or that in 2012 hair length and colour of garment should not be a big gender signifier??

Dood .......... please tell me it gets better??

Last edited:

slander98

Feb 22, 2012
Yeah its NOT giving me that option..... Im updating the software in hopes that fixes it. any other work arounds for sideloading if not?

And no sir unfortunately it DOESNT get better! Im gonna end up in prison!! LOL

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
No offence, but at six years old, you should be able to dictate who her friends are - so long as you have the mother's (wife's?) support

I do hear what you are saying.. environmentally it's hard nowadays.. so much inappropriate influence from media/friends/etc

but my five year old daughter does what I say.. end of story.. it all boils down to the parents. Act now brother! Save the children! (seriously) it only gets harder.

Guru Zeb

Jan 17, 2012
Up North !!!!!!!!!
No offence, but at six years old, you should be able to dictate who her friends are - so long as you have the mother's (wife's?) support

I do hear what you are saying.. environmentally it's hard nowadays.. so much inappropriate influence from media/friends/etc

Yeah that would work where it not for the fact that my kids are at school full time 5 days a week 9am-3pm and the inappropriate kids are her school friends. I have no control over who see hangs with at school ........ just like every other parent.

slander98

Feb 22, 2012
Looking for solutions for something similar to this.
maybe a free solution..... Anyone heard or have any expeirence with anything like this?
mobile-spy.com

MrTaco505

Jan 16, 2012
Dallas
Go to htcsense.com, log on to the accpunt she useful for HTC apps. From there you can track her phone, forward messages and calls to another phone. Lock the phone, etc..... I love it because I lost it once and I tracked it down and found it, also I was able to forward everything to my galaxy s. ;)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts