XDA Android App - Problems / Bugs / Feature Requests etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lostyDE

Jul 24, 2010
Bochum
Please use a different notification icon. The actual one is too similar to the SMS icon. Besides that in Gingerbread the icons are all grey. Would look better, if the XDA icon has the same color.

Sent from my Nexus One

trifthen

Nov 6, 2010
Chicago
bonesmoses.org
The latest release has some major lag. Sometimes it just pauses while I'm scrolling and the OS prompts me to force close.

I always select "wait" and eventually it works again, but the last version didn't have this problem. This is being noted a lot in the app-store reviews lately, so it seems pretty prevalent.

Sent from my Eris ADR6200 using XDA Premium App

Apr 20, 2011
Nitro, WV
Motorola Xoom

This may have been asked and it's very likely that I've missed it, but is there any hope for an XDA Developers App for Honeycomb? It's still possible to view the current app on the Xoom, however it's extremely difficult and awkward to operate.

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
The latest release has some major lag. Sometimes it just pauses while I'm scrolling and the OS prompts me to force close.

I always select "wait" and eventually it works again, but the last version didn't have this problem. This is being noted a lot in the app-store reviews lately, so it seems pretty prevalent.

Sent from my Eris ADR6200 using XDA Premium App

this...open app. open thread. try to scroll. try again. pop up. click wait. try to scroll. and finally in the same time it took me to type this with my arthritic thumbs and drug washed mind, it will work. till the next thread. also the force closes that i had a while back had been resolved and now they're back. these happen most when clicking a link out to a browser and then going back to xda app.

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Xda app needs a thank button !![request]

[Sig] dId you know? If you Insert a Coin on your Desire, then it levels up to HD, Z or S :[/Sig] !!!! 10 post limit for off topic NOW!!!!

player18

Mar 20, 2011
Victoria BC
Nexus 7
HTC Desire HD
Where did the "search" feature go?

I just noticed that in the "more" tab the search option disappeared: only the links to see my user profile and the list of online users are now showing.
I think this happened after the last update as before I was able to search topics properly, but I can't be 100% sure about it as I updated the app a couple of days ago and am just noticing the problem now.
I am using the free XDA App on a HTC Desire HD.

Daarth

Apr 20, 2009
Warszawa
I have similar problem with search. Ok maybe to so similar but still it's search problem. I updated app today and all the time when i try to search i got info that user may not have permission to do that. And i definitely should have such permission. At least in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

geek7899

Dec 11, 2010
Android app questions

Hi

Using the Android app for a few days now ... Its slow sometimes, but thats not my question atm.

What I wanna know is this: When I go to any forums, I see some numbers to the right of the forum topic.

These numbers are sometimes like: 173/10K or 6/101 or 525/19K or sometimes just single numbers like 139 or 26K or 1K.

Some are in green background, others grey. I can probably guess that once I have clicked on a forum, it changes the backgroud to grey, even if I have read ALL posts or not...

[Q] But what do the actual numbers mean ?

[Q] Also, how can I remove a topic from the "Participated" tab ?

[Q] What is the difference between "subscribe" and "favourite" ?

twvance

Jan 8, 2011
Athens, Georgia

Number of posts within a thread/number of views of the thread

I don't know that you can.

Subscribing adds it to your favorites

:)

Sent from a phone inside a phone inside a KFC inside a McDonald's | GR-11 Captivate

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
Hi

Using the Android app for a few days now ... Its slow sometimes, but thats not my question atm.

What I wanna know is this: When I go to any forums, I see some numbers to the right of the forum topic.

These numbers are sometimes like: 173/10K or 6/101 or 525/19K or sometimes just single numbers like 139 or 26K or 1K.

Some are in green background, others grey. I can probably guess that once I have clicked on a forum, it changes the backgroud to grey, even if I have read ALL posts or not...

To answer your second question, you can't remove a topic from your participated tab (well, I suppose you could, if you removed your post in that thread), but what you can do is use your Favorites tab, then on the Topics tab - there your subscribed threads are listed. I subscribe to anything I post to, with no e-mail notifications, that way they show up in my User Control Panel and on that Topics tab under Favorites in the app. Very easy to track what I'm interested in using that method.

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Favorites tab doesn't show all my subscribed topics

Thanks button is missing

Search returns irrelevant results

Well, these are my problems ;)

[Sig] dId you know? If you Insert a Coin on your Desire, then it levels up to HD, Z or S :[/Sig] !!!! 10 post limit for off topic NOW!!!!

twvance

Jan 8, 2011
Athens, Georgia
Favorites tab doesn't show all my subscribed topics

Thanks button is missing

Search returns irrelevant results

Well, these are my problems ;)

Might be a dumb question, but did you click on the topics tab under favorites?(just double checking)

Thanks button isn't 'missing.' It doesn't exist in the app :p

I agree the in-app search function is pretty useless.

Sent from a phone inside a phone inside a KFC inside a McDonald's | GR-11 Captivate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although I'm nothing todo with the XDA Android Tapa-talk based app - I thought it was about time we had a single thread for all discussions making it easier for the powers that be to monitor and give feedback via.

Feel free to ask questions about it's use and report any faults you find. You can also ask for new features, but I cannot promise they will ever be delivered.

N.B. The mods will be merging questions about the app into here from the "About" forum also.

So, have at it...

[Insert witty picture here]

Dave
    As mentioned by others, XDA are working on there own mobile app (getting away from Crapatalk) as well as a mobile version of XDA. These are probably higher up the priority list right now, but an update to the existing XDA app will be coming out soon
    Just a bit of a status update:

We had a meeting with Tapatalk last week and are preparing an update for the app that will fix the freezes and also give multiple choices for themes.

--------------------
    Sent from the my rooted Galaxy S III using Verizon's fast LTE network.
    I'm currently rebuilding the search index which knocks the "Participated threads" tab offline in the app. It will be back as soon as the reindex is done.
    XDA/Tapatalk apps are down atm. Server admin working on fixing this asap

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!