9.4.2.21 Ad hoc doesn't seem to work

Search This thread

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Hello,

I've been trying to use tethering of my 3G phone to get WiFi on my Prime. I am using an app from the market that creates an Adhoc network to do the tethering. The app is working fine as I verified by connecting my Laptop to my phone's 3G and got it working.

The Transformer Prime detects the Ad Hoc network but just doesn't want to connect to it! :confused:

Any suggestions?

dbldwn02

Apr 26, 2008
Yup, not working for me either. It sees it and let's me select the wifitether network but it just says "saved". It won't let me connect to it. I'll keep trying

robertg9

Nov 29, 2007
Sterling, VA.
Yup, not working for me either. It sees it and let's me select the wifitether network but it just says "saved". It won't let me connect to it. I'll keep trying

I get that sometimes too...but a long hold on the wifi line has options to connect/forget/modify.....at different times, I've had to use each of them....but I'm always eventually been able to get tethered to my Win6.5 TouchPro 2.

The app I use is WMWiFiRouter.....it works great....but it's not a free app

Bob

May 11, 2011
Hello,

I've been trying to use tethering of my 3G phone to get WiFi on my Prime. I am using an app from the market that creates an Adhoc network to do the tethering. The app is working fine as I verified by connecting my Laptop to my phone's 3G and got it working.

The Transformer Prime detects the Ad Hoc network but just doesn't want to connect to it! :confused:

Any suggestions?

There is a thread in general or developer forum provide a fix for wpasupplicant2 seem to work with older update, can you try on. 21 update

Eddy315west

Feb 11, 2011
i think i may have your answer. i couldn't tether my prime to my htc evo 4g either. then i enabled routing fix under wifi tether settings and now I'm able to tether prime no problems at all. hope that works btw I'm using wifi tether 3.1 beta 6

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD

Feb 16, 2012
i tried to connect a transformer prime to a mac book pro as access point with no success.
i got a "saved" message instead of "connected"... hit "connect" doesn't do the trick either.

tried using a nexus s as access point using easy wifi tether, and i've been able to connect my prime with no problem.

no security in both case. if ad hoc connection doesn't work please specify what access point you try to connect to. it might help to solve the problem.

jvechtelt

Jun 11, 2012
ad hoc works with joikuspot premium on nokia n97 mini

In joikuspot premium settings you just have to choose for WEP Open. That way the tf201 will accept it when you put in the network key you get.