[Q] Tips for best battery life?

Search This thread

pcm2a

May 22, 2007
My galaxy gear has Null 22.1 installed, stock launcher running, no full ui. Cpu and governor options are set to the default. Min is at 200 max at 600. My gear has not been worn, but it does receive bluetooth notifications for calls, sms and gmail. In 4 hours it will have been 3 full days and my battery is currently at 35%. I assume the battery life would be worse if I was wearing it all day.

What tips does everyone have to squeeze the most life out of this?

- Is the default cpu and governor options the best to use?

- Is 200 min/600 max the best combination for cpu?

- In battery manager 66% says phone idle, 12% screen, 11% android system, 2% bluetooth, is that the optimum thing to see?

- I have brightness set at level 3, is 3 the optimum?

- Are there apps that should be removed that could add extra battery life?

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I was thinking of flashing null v19!so that would use the stcck kernel 800mhz instead of the duel core I think this affects battery life a lot but I can't find null 19 anyone knows where I can get it.

carajean

Apr 8, 2010
One of the biggest battery killers of all is the wake on motion function.

Yup if you dont use that function with null 22.1 it will sip battery.
I turned that function off yesterday before work as a test and im still at 100% 18 hours later. I dont have bluetooth tether on either right now.Testing what the battery is like with that on today.

pcm2a

May 22, 2007
The current version is null 22.1 not 19. I assume the dual core is off by default or else it would crush the battery. Can anyone confirm that?

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
No duel core is always on its in the new triangulam kernel I find stock 800mhz has much better batterylife but null 19 was the last firmware with stock kernel that's why I am trying to source it.

pcm2a

May 22, 2007
Wow then you are right we all need that. We should be able to flash a kernel in TWRP instead of having to downgrade to Null 22.1. At least you can on any other device in clockwork or TWRP

Milimbar

Jul 19, 2011
I don't see the reasoning behind going to 19 for this kernel.... everyone agrees that 22.1 is much better on battery life than 19 was...
you could use the kernel from 19 on 22.1 I guess... but I would think that the ROM is set up to use the new kernel better now so that might not be a good idea either.
If I have the wrist motion off i never go below 90% battery in a day at work now (with it on i stay above 80%), does it really need to be any better than that?

pcm2a

May 22, 2007
The only thing we were looking for was a way to turn that second core off to test battery life.

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I tested time and time again I am back on stock now and battery life is much better the watch was never designed for duel core use even though it can use it.What lets it down is the battery too small if we could get some undervolting going things could be different starve the CPU bare min to save battery life.

carajean

Apr 8, 2010
I tested time and time again I am back on stock now and battery life is much better the watch was never designed for duel core use even though it can use it.What lets it down is the battery too small if we could get some undervolting going things could be different starve the CPU bare min to save battery life.

Im going on 24 hours on battery half that is bluetooth tether. Right now im sitting at 69%

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
care to share what your settings/apps loaded are?

i've reflashed without gapps,turned off motion, but with BT connected (non tethered) i can't last more than 5 hours. Is your BT always connected

i do have FBQuickview app enabled so i get FB updates but even without that i was not lasting too long

QUOTE=carajean;50530689]Im going on 24 hours on battery half that is bluetooth tether. Right now im sitting at 69%[/QUOTE]

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
My best is 15 hours but that is with bluetooth on all the time, with GPS bluetooth going, and tablet talk and google voice being used regularly. I would like a little better life but that is good enough to make it on an average dsy at work.

Although my battery life is nothing to brag about, when others are getting multiple days of use, in the spirit of the original post for tips:

Disable Watch Styler and use a standard clock theme. Apparently, custom watch faces eat up the battery quicker than a stock theme.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One of the biggest battery killers of all is the wake on motion function.