Updated my phone from Gingerbread to Kitkat now stuck on loading screen!?

Search This thread

cl4ire

Mar 12, 2014
Hi I had a struggle yesterday because I know nothing about phones so I followed a guide to updating your phone, so I did it through bootloader/recovery and after installing the custom RUU it actually worked, but after loading up on the screen it shows instructions and shows that it's loading the page/phone and i thought maybe it was but it's been like that overnight so is there anyway around this? (I can get on the power off menu with restart etc but thats about it I cant x off the instructions or anything telling me the updates to the phone)

SKENER

Feb 17, 2014
Mostar
We need more info.

What guide you follow?
Bootloader info?
Hboot?
HTCDev unlock S-ON or revolutionary S-OFF?
What recovery you use?
Did you wiped all except sd?or just installed zip from sd card?
And what RUU you used(post link)?

cl4ire

Mar 12, 2014
We need more info.

What guide you follow?
Bootloader info?
Hboot?
HTCDev unlock S-ON or revolutionary S-OFF?
What recovery you use?
Did you wiped all except sd?or just installed zip from sd card?
And what RUU you used(post link)?

i'm a noob to all this stuff so i'll link you the guide i followed and ill just post what comes up in bootloader

UNLOCKED
SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00. 0002
RADIO-3822.10.08.04_M
eMMC-boot

don't think i can post links as i'm new but i used a guide off this forum called [Guide] How to root, install EXT4 recovery and custom ROM on HBOOT 2.00.0002 and the custom ROM I used is off this site too the title of the thread is called [ROM] [02-06] Primo-S - v4.1 [HTC One V port] Android 4.0.3 [Kernel 3.0]

Last edited:

SKENER

Feb 17, 2014
Mostar
I just read about [ROM] [02-06] Primo-S - v4.1 [HTC One V port] Android 4.0.3 [Kernel 3.0] and it works fine on HTC Desire S.
First of all it's rom not RUU. if you want to know difference read tutorials and guides here.
You have HTCDev unlocked bootloader and installed 4ext recovery.My recommendation is to flash new 4ext recovery first(touch one) that I uploaded.
Check MD5 : ADA2A56547EF258638AF94445744583B
of that zip file.
To do this follow step 3. in [Guide] How to root, install EXT4 recovery and custom ROM on HBOOT 2.00.0002 just use recovery.img from attachment down here.
And now for your problem.From what I know this is common problem on S-ON HTCDev unlocked phones.
After flashing new rom you have to flash boot.img from fastboot.
First open your PrimoS-v4.1.zip then you will see file boot.img.Extract it to C:\android-tools.Get in boot by holding power button and volume down together.Connect USB and enter fastboot. (fastboot usb)
Go to start->run-> type cmd and press enter. A command prompt will now appear.
(just like step 4 in guide)
Type:
Code:
cd c:\android-tools [press enter]
fastboot devices [press enter]

this show if your phone is connected to computer
if you get nothing you are not connetced
if you get some info like ST9212IJKL then you type 

fastboot flash boot boot.img [press enter]

you will see blue loading form in right upper corner of screen
very fast but that mean you flashed boot

When all this done reboot phone and you should get your rom started.Sometimes it takes up to 10min but no more then that.
If you don't get in like this then you have to go to recovery and wipe all except sd and flash rom again and follow step 4 in guide.

Try this then tell what you got.Good luck.

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: cl4ire

cl4ire

Mar 12, 2014
I just read about [ROM] [02-06] Primo-S - v4.1 [HTC One V port] Android 4.0.3 [Kernel 3.0] and it works fine on HTC Desire S.
First of all it's rom not RUU. if you want to know difference read tutorials and guides here.
You have HTCDev unlocked bootloader and installed 4ext recovery.My recommendation is to flash new 4ext recovery first(touch one) that I uploaded.
of that zip file.
To do this follow step 3. in [Guide] How to root, install EXT4 recovery and custom ROM on HBOOT 2.00.0002 just use recovery.img from attachment down here.
And now for your problem.From what I know this is common problem on S-ON HTCDev unlocked phones.
First open your PrimoS-v4.1.zip then you will see file boot.img.Extract it to C:\android-tools.Get in boot by holding power button and volume down together.Connect USB and enter fastboot. (fastboot usb)
Type:
Code:

When all this done reboot phone and you should get your rom started.Sometimes it takes up to 10min but no more then that.
If you don't get in like this then you have to go to recovery and wipe all except sd and flash rom again and follow step 4 in guide.

Hi thanks for the reply I did a few things earlier just messing about on recovery mode and it's sorted and it didn't even wipe my phone I still have all my contacts and stuff maybe they were saved on my sd card idk but yh works perfectly now cheers for your time and help.

truekasun

Mar 2, 2012
kasunjayarathna.com
Hi,

I had the same problem at the beginning as I was unlocked the bootloader with HTCDEV.

If you unlocked the bootloader with HTCDEV, you should flash the boot.img manually with fastboot to get it fixed.

1). Switch off the phone and trun it on to bootloader and go to the fastboot
2). Connect the device to the pc and connect it with fastboot (CMD)
3). extract the custom firmware (.zip) file and find the boot.img file
4). copy it to the location where your fastboot.exe located at (ex: C:\sdk\platform-tools\)

then flash it with
HTML:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Hope this help you
Regards..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check MD5 : ADA2A56547EF258638AF94445744583B
    of that zip file.
    Type:
    Code: