Lost my IMEI and Service Menu

Search This thread

Rezvonflux

Oct 13, 2011
Montreal
Hey everyone,

So recently i got my hands on a Samsung S3 T999V and have been playing around with it.
I managed to root it... and keep it rooted (damn Sammy's are a *itch compared to LG)

My current stats are:
I am rooted
Devicename: SGH-T999V
Model number: SGH-T999V
Android version : 4.4.2
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel version: 3.4.0-1784548
dpi@SWDD5918#1
Wed Jun 4 19:40:12KST 2014

Build number: KOT49H.T999VVLUFNF1
SE for Android status: Enforcing
SEPF_SGH-T999V_4.4.2_0016
Wed Jun 04 19:40:01 2014

Checking *#06#: null / null
nothing when i enter *#197328640# my service mode is empty...nothing, nada, zip

Long story short..... i wanted to try unlocking it myself next. read and read till my head spun.
...and i took the plunge.

i maybe have tried downgrading to Frosty's 412, got into a repeating boot menu.... restored my back up, had to reset due to Google apps crashing, titanium'ed all my apps and data back....
...that's when i noticed it, i lost my imei and baseband...

(i'm currently asking DocHoliday77 for help, but recently been stuck to only working on it well.... at work ;) )

..does anyone else have any ideas?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
We can help get you straightened out as far as what is running on your device here in this thread if you prefer. But if the getting your firmware straightened out doesnt fix the imei, we will have to do thst via PM only. The tools and info required for the fix are not allowed to be posted publicly.

I just sent you a PM, but basically what i recommend at this point is to flash the full firmware usin Odin on the computer, not with Mobile Odin.

Mobile Odin only flashes system, kernel, modem and recovery. It doesnt touch the rest of the firmware which also includes the sbl2, sbl3, aboot, rpm and tz partitions.
We need to make sure your modem is matched to the rest of that firmware, so Mobile Odin just wont do the job here.

Rezvonflux

Oct 13, 2011
Montreal
We can help get you straightened out as far as what is running on your device here in this thread if you prefer. But if the getting your firmware straightened out doesnt fix the imei, we will have to do thst via PM only. The tools and info required for the fix are not allowed to be posted publicly.

I just sent you a PM, but basically what i recommend at this point is to flash the full firmware usin Odin on the computer, not with Mobile Odin.

Mobile Odin only flashes system, kernel, modem and recovery. It doesnt touch the rest of the firmware which also includes the sbl2, sbl3, aboot, rpm and tz partitions.
We need to make sure your modem is matched to the rest of that firmware, so Mobile Odin just wont do the job here.

OK, as i answered in the PM and for the rest to see, this is where i am now:

I know, this is very confusing to me too. I'm not sure what i did this time, i think i flashed the root66_vtr or the stock firmware. I got the phone from my girlfriend, she thought it was dead due to the power supply not charging. Anyways, yesterday in haste of doing somehting before my day way over i did that, now my stats are:
BEFORE
Android version : 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.4.0-1784548
dpi@SWDD5918#1
Wed Jun 4 19:40:12KST 2014
Build number: KOT49H.T999VVLUFNF1
SEPF_SGH-T999V_4.4.2_0016
Wed Jun 04 19:40:01 2014

checking *#197328640#: Service mode is empty...nothing, nada, zip

AFTER
Android version : 4.3
Kernel version: 3.0.31-2159044
se.infra@RO302-17 #1
Tue Nov 19 19:35:19 KST 2013
Build number:JSS15J.T999VVLUEMK5
SEPF_SGH-T999V_4.3_0010

checking *#197328640#: Service mode is empty...nothing, nada, zip

Now what? i have access to my laptop today, so most of the files i lost during the SDcard format (oops, i should have pulled it out) can be found again if need be.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Just sent you a PM. Ill be sending another very soon with what to do next. Sorry again for how confusing this has all gotten! I think you are where you need to be now though.

rahman.ali380

Jan 12, 2015
I'm not a robot

Hi.,
Recently i purchased a galaxy s3 from a guy. The LCD was working on it and so i purchased it because i could use that LCD on another S3. And i knew that this same had this same software issue. that is why he sold it to me for $40. i was happy because i got a working LCD. But after reading this thread, i realised that the S3 that i purchased from the guy was also having the same problem. Plz help me out as every where i tried to fix that issue, i had no luck.
When i type *#06# Imei is null/ null. Model is T999V
Base band version is unknown. plz help me to fix it. so i can use the phone.
And also to let you know... im a beginier in this software stuff... so plz guide me in detail.

galager27

Oct 6, 2010
Pittsburgh
Just sent you a PM. Ill be sending another very soon with what to do next. Sorry again for how confusing this has all gotten! I think you are where you need to be now though.

Can you assist me in this problem...same issue...
I used mobile Odin to flash to stock 4.3. It failed everytime when i did in on my laptop. I know I downloaded the proper drivers cause i was able to use ODin on my S5.
No customer recovery.
used root 66 stock w/ pre-root
any other info you need I will be more than happy to sully if you can help.

Outsiderlmo

Dec 6, 2015
Hi I have rooted my at&t gs3 and I'm also having the same issue. *#197328640# no service menu and no imei null/null. Please help me fix this. Message me at newbie@ahk.jp

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Hi I have rooted my at&t gs3 and I'm also having the same issue. *#197328640# no service menu and no imei null/null. Please help me fix this. Message me at newbie@ahk.jp

There's a very good chance you've got a mismatched modem. First check your current bootloader version. Open Terminal emulator and enter this:

getprop ro.bootloader

Then look in Settings - About Device for the baseband version. If they don't match, you'll need to find and flash the correct modem. If you cant find it, let us know what the bootloader was and we will help.

If they do match, shoot me a PM with details about the device, what happened, etc. I can still help, but at that point the info needed cannot be posted here, so it can only be via PM. With a little luck though, all you'll need is the modem.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Outsiderlmo

Dec 6, 2015
There's a very good chance you've got a mismatched modem. First check your current bootloader version. Open Terminal emulator and enter this:

getprop ro.bootloader

Then look in Settings - About Device for the baseband version. If they don't match, you'll need to find and flash the correct modem. If you cant find it, let us know what the bootloader was and we will help.

If they do match, shoot me a PM with details about the device, what happened, etc. I can still help, but at that point the info needed cannot be posted here, so it can only be via PM. With a little luck though, all you'll need is the modem.

Thank you for responding but I'm not sure how to get into terminal emulator? I'm sorry if I'm annoying ?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Download a terminal emulator from the play store or use a computer to download the terminal apk and install on the phone, open the terminal app, and type in the getprop command.

Outsiderlmo

Dec 6, 2015
Download a terminal emulator from the play store or use a computer to download the terminal apk and install on the phone, open the terminal app, and type in the getprop command.

Okay so I did the emulator and the baseband version says unknown in the settings but I did get a series of letters and numbers when I put in your command. But nothing matches. What did I do wrong?

Jack Test

Nov 18, 2014
Got a weird issue.

getprop ro.bootloader

Recently I bought a S5 on line, and this phone is in a open box condition running android 4.4.2, The IMEI I checked with T-mobile it is clean. But when I plug in, T-mobile said the device is in blacklist. So I used the same method that I fixed S3, I found out that someone has rooted this phone, and NV item of IMEI is programed to a blacklist IMEI, but from device status or *#06#, it still read the original IMEI, do you know how to fix it?

Peoplearmy

Jun 3, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX

getprop ro.bootloader

Salute! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

getprop ro.bootloader

You cannot flash stock 4.3 if the phone was running stock 4.4.2.

Does the phone boot at all?
    My apologies, I meant to ask if the installed modem and bootloader are the most recent version.