[Q] Hangouts rotating portrait images?

Search This thread

newbie455

Jun 11, 2010
I'm running the latest nightly of CM11 & PA Gapps google stock (latest kitkat camera).

When I go to hangouts and do attach image>take picture (this takes me to the kitkat camera app), hangouts always rotates portrait pictures to landscape AFTER the image is sent. It then appears in the conversation on both ends as a landscape image. On the other hand, if I take a picture using the kitkat camera app then share it via hangouts, this problem does not occur.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it related to CM or the Gapps I am using? Is there any fix?

Thanks

Last edited:

newbie455

Jun 11, 2010
Good to know. It's beyond annoying. I'm guessing something to do with how the orientation of the image is tagged by the camera/read by hangouts. Or perhaps the orientation tag is not being created by the camera when the camera intent is called by hangouts.

Hopefully this is fixed soon...at least for me it has been going on for a while.

newbie455

Jun 11, 2010
I have tried this with CM using the default CM camera and the google camera. Same result on both.

Also tried on a touchwiz ROM (eclipse) using the Samsung camera and again, same result.

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
So if you go to share within the camera and select hangouts, it doesn't happen? Only when attaching within hangouts?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk