i9505 XXUFNB8 4.4.2 Root Problem

Search This thread

martikp

Sep 27, 2013
Esfahan
I have i9505 XXUFNB8 4.4.2 Stock Firmware installed but the "CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505" does not work on it.

The root process seems OK with NO error or fail. but after root the SuperSU icon wont displayed. I've installed SuperSU via google Play but when I open it it says "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it."

How to root XXUFNB8 on i9505?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I have i9505 XXUFNB8 4.4.2 Stock Firmware installed but the "CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505" does not work on it.

The root process seems OK with NO error or fail. but after root the SuperSU icon wont displayed. I've installed SuperSU via google Play but when I open it it says "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it."

I had similar problem and what i did is:

1. Make a data backup of ur Internal Memory
2. Factory Reset ur phone (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything)
3. Root it again through "CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505"
4. Install Root Explorer for example (or other explorer for root devices) and delete this apps (coz KNOX app is blocking SuperSu):

KNOX in System/App folder:
ContainerAgent.apk
KNOXAgent.apk
ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
KNOXStub.apk
SPDClient.apk

5. Recover your data of the step 1 to ur phone and install the apps you had before
6. Enjoy ur rooted device :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-28-15-35-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-28-15-35-04.png
    239 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_2014-02-28-15-37-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-28-15-37-56.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Reactions: martikp

martikp

Sep 27, 2013
Esfahan

2. Factory Reset ur phone (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything)
4. Install Root Explorer for example (or other explorer for root devices) and delete this apps (coz KNOX app is blocking SuperSu):

ContainerAgent.apk
KNOXAgent.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
KNOXStub.apk
SPDClient.apk

5. Recover your data of the step 1 to ur phone and install the apps you had before

Thanks, I follow your instruction, But how do I delete these file without root permission.
see following screenshots:

Attachments

• screenshot_0228184346.png
    screenshot_0228184346.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 257
  • screenshot_0228184446.png
    screenshot_0228184446.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 251
  • screenshot_0228184517.png
    screenshot_0228184517.png
    47 KB · Views: 222

Jonny993

since you have the same device as me and since you have upgraded to kitkat as well, may I ask if there is a way to root the s4 XXUFNB8 without tripping knox?

If I'm right, the CF-AUTOROOT will trip the knox warranty void from 0x0 to 0x1.. but I could be wrong so can someone tell me if there is a way to do this or if the CF-AUTOROOT doesn't trip the knox warranty?

Thank you

martikp

Sep 27, 2013
Esfahan
since you have the same device as me and since you have upgraded to kitkat as well, may I ask if there is a way to root the s4 XXUFNB8 without tripping knox?

If I'm right, the CF-AUTOROOT will trip the knox warranty void from 0x0 to 0x1.. but I could be wrong so can someone tell me if there is a way to do this or if the CF-AUTOROOT doesn't trip the knox warranty?

Thank you

Umm, I have already tripped the knox when I was on MJ6 android 4.3 with CF Auto Root.
I read somewhere that SafeRoot method does not trip the knox, but I don't know if Saferoot works on android 4.4.2 or not. :rolleyes:

Jonny993

thank you for the reply but..
on their site there is no support for the international version of the sg4 (I9505) and plus of that I read on xda that kingo requires internet connection and also that backups your IMEI and other kind of stuff on their servers so.. I don't trust this procedure XS

some other methods to try? :))

Last edited:

dusty_nz

May 5, 2008
BENC2 Root Issue

Got a stange root problem.

Have got stock firmware N9005XXUENC2_N9005OLBENC2_MM1. Installed using ODIN 3.09. Then applied CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005 Autoroot (Latest).

All applied fine except when a app now request root permissions SuperUser does not prompt for permissions.

Have checked root via number of apps. All showing ok. Super user launches fine but no app in register.

Even an app goes to request root permissions (eg File Explorer KitKat fix) it just hangs and does not user the prompt. Apps just hangs. All root requesting apps are the same. Hangs on initial access/prompt

Any fixes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ContainerAgent.apk
    KNOXAgent.apk
    KLMSAgent.apk
    KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
    KNOXStore.apk
    KNOXStub.apk
    SPDClient.apk

This have happened to me also. the solution I found was to install CF Root flashable zip through CWM recovery. The SuperSU app did not appear in the app drawer, but I just downloaded it from Play Store and the device was properly rooted then.

this is the link that I downloaded the .zip root file:

http://download.chainfire.eu/382/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip