[Q] S4 is not charging

Search This thread

7mada

May 27, 2013
Hello guys :)

My galaxy S4 is not charging :crying:, I checked the charger and it worked on another phone, So I think the wrong is in the phone.

Oh, and sometimes it charges but after 10 or 15 minutes charging it starts to connect and disconnect continuously from the charger.

What is the solution?:confused::confused:

Edit: The wall charger.

Last edited:

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
Hello guys :)

My galaxy S4 is not charging :crying:, I checked the charger and it worked on another phone, So I think the wrong is in the phone.

Oh, and sometimes it charges but after 10 or 15 minutes charging it starts to connect and disconnect continuously from the charger.

What is the solution?:confused::confused:

Car charger or wall charger? I noticed my car charger does not plug into the phone as snug as the wall charger & have similar issues you described. However, wall charger works flawlessly.

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
Could it be a software problem?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Anything is possible but always start simple. Most likely it is the charger, start there. If you try different multiple chargers and get the same results, BINGO there's your problem. Warranty replace phone, (you're already at the At&t store) you're Golden.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7mada

7mada

May 27, 2013
Anything is possible but always start simple. Most likely it is the charger, start there. If you try different multiple chargers and get the same results, BINGO there's your problem. Warranty replace phone, (you're already at the At&t store) you're Golden.

It always says "Dock connected" from time to another.

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
Mine did the same thing. So I went down and did the next thing and got the note 3 for the taxes and monthly payments. I also ordered the USB motherboard off eBay since I've takin one apart before. Going to replace that so it will be fixed and on eBay it goes. The phones in mint condition but have to charge and swap batteries. I couldn't handle it. Believe it or not, what started it was I had charger plugged into phone and unplugged charger from wall and took phone into another room and plugged into another plug without ever unplugging from phone. When I plugged it in wall it had a small little arc and that was the last time it charged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

SelfElevated2

Oct 8, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro

There really is no other help. You gotta figure out if its your charge port or the charger.

If u can't replace with warranty there is 2 other options.
1. Buy the s4 wireless charge kit. Its like 80 bucks on eBay.

2. Get a universal battery charger and 2 spare batteries. And just swap batteries everyday.

3. Buy the charging port on Amazon or eBay and pay a electronic store to swap it out. Or do it yourself if u can handle it

nrhpd527

Dec 21, 2007
Fixed mine today. Took maybe 15 min. And $7.00. To eBay it goes.
Simple as pie, just use ifixit to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

I am in the same situation and have just ordered the parts. I did a sample teardown and it appears to be pretty simple to do it. I'll report back in a few days, but my USB is for sure dead as it won't read either on a PC or Mac, or charge via a car, wall, or USB cable in a computer. I bought the Samsung S4 battery charger and kit, and the old battery works in there, so I know it's not the battery. However, the battery's "water damage" sensor is now pink, so I presume that the nasty humidity in North Texas this spring has killed the USB board. At any rate, hopefully, the fix is en route.

nrhpd527

Dec 21, 2007
I am in the same situation and have just ordered the parts. I did a sample teardown and it appears to be pretty simple to do it. I'll report back in a few days, but my USB is for sure dead as it won't read either on a PC or Mac, or charge via a car, wall, or USB cable in a computer. I bought the Samsung S4 battery charger and kit, and the old battery works in there, so I know it's not the battery. However, the battery's "water damage" sensor is now pink, so I presume that the nasty humidity in North Texas this spring has killed the USB board. At any rate, hopefully, the fix is en route.

Well, the part and tools arrived and it was an easy replacement. The phone now charges like original. However, and this is a much larger issue, I cannot get and mobile data or any sort of non-wifi connectivity. I am thinking this board, which supposedly contains the antenna, is defective. It appears I can have EITHER network connectivity or sound, but not both. When I put the small plastic cover that also contains the speaker back on, it instantly kills my GSM connection to AT&T. With it off, I am getting a solid 4G LTE connection, and with it on, no signal at all other than wifi.

I've searched here and on the web, and the only thing I see so far is sending back the new USB board and hoping that the next one works in all areas.

Anyone have any ideas?

dwestall

Jul 16, 2011
Houston
Well, the part and tools arrived and it was an easy replacement. The phone now charges like original. However, and this is a much larger issue, I cannot get and mobile data or any sort of non-wifi connectivity.

Double check the antenna cable connections at both ends. If you still have problems, try installing your old board back and see if data/wifi works. If it does, then the new board is probably defective.

nrhpd527

Dec 21, 2007
Double check the antenna cable connections at both ends. If you still have problems, try installing your old board back and see if data/wifi works. If it does, then the new board is probably defective.

The new board was defective, but they sent a replacement that worked better than the original. I also ended up finding out that the 1st replacement board had shorted the antenna cable, so I replaced that. My my son is now using the S4 with no problems. Long story short, he left his S3 on my car and it got destroyed, so I got an S5 and he got the S4...

All in all, to get back on track, this was an easy repair for anyone. I was surprised at how easy replacing just about anything other than the screen itself would be.

Top Liked Posts