Focus problem after rear camera replacement

Search This thread

suxi

Feb 11, 2011
Hello everyone!

Since I replaced the broken rear camera of my GT-I9505 the camera doesn't focus properly. First I thought it was a faulty replacement, but the replacement of the replacement as well as the camera from a different seller show the same behaviour:

The google drive widget for scanning docs focusses correctly, but none of the available camera apps work. As soon as the app tries to focus the focus goes into near mode and remains there with no further movement.

I have factory reset the phone, reinstalled all camera apps, flashed other roms, factory reset again, with no change.

Has anyone experienced this as well?

Thanks for any tips

suxi

suxi

Feb 11, 2011
So little rear camera replacements? I guess I am the only fool that managed to crack it :)

Hello everyone!

Since I replaced the broken rear camera of my GT-I9505 the camera doesn't focus properly. First I thought it was a faulty replacement, but the replacement of the replacement as well as the camera from a different seller show the same behaviour:

The google drive widget for scanning docs focusses correctly, but none of the available camera apps work. As soon as the app tries to focus the focus goes into near mode and remains there with no further movement.

I have factory reset the phone, reinstalled all camera apps, flashed other roms, factory reset again, with no change.

Thanks for any tips

suxi

Juppeli

Jul 9, 2015
Hello there

I also have this same problem and done all those same things to fix this. 12cam is now useless. Some1 help us out of our misery! :I

navcar

Jun 9, 2010
Sydney
I just picked up the i9505 second hand (first smartphone). Same problem here. I went through 3 camera module parts off eBay... first one was the wrong part (i9500), and other two were supposedly i9505 - same results: camera never focuses. *Sometimes* it will temporarily focus if I moderately shake the phone, even then, only if the phone is tilted upright and not facing down.

Is the front camera unaffected for you guys?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2011
Ahore
Hello everyone!

Thanks for any tips

suxi

Might camera hw problem