[Q] noob questions

Search This thread

zaxharu

Oct 21, 2012
hi All, good day. Sorry just a noob. Ive tried to read the whole thread and cant find an answer to the follwing questions. Hope you can help me.

1. Is there a posibillity of losing an network signal when flasing a custom Rom?
2. when i root my device, is there a posibility that the X-reality engine will not work properly?
3. ive read that the device can be rooted even if the bootloader is locked. If i decided to unroot it again, can we do that?
4. is there a flash counter in xperia devices just like in samsung where in you can see if the waranty has been breached already or not?
5. can we turn the device to its original state again after rooting, unlocking and flashing custom roms?
6. if device is rooted, can we still install new updates from Sony thru OTA?

thanks,

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi All, good day. Sorry just a noob. Ive tried to read the whole thread and cant find an answer to the follwing questions. Hope you can help me.

1. Is there a posibillity of losing an network signal when flasing a custom Rom?
2. when i root my device, is there a posibility that the X-reality engine will not work properly?
3. ive read that the device can be rooted even if the bootloader is locked. If i decided to unroot it again, can we do that?
4. is there a flash counter in xperia devices just like in samsung where in you can see if the waranty has been breached already or not?
5. can we turn the device to its original state again after rooting, unlocking and flashing custom roms?

thanks,

Have a great day!

1.Maybe, if you do the wrong step.
2.No
3.Not sure
4.Not sure
5.Yes if you restore TA partition
6.Yes

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
Yes you can unroot just by flashing a Stock Sony ftf over the current one via flashtool. Preferably the same firmware( without wiping)
Also, there is no flash counter in Xperia. If you have a locked bootloader and it is unrooted, there is no way to tell if you have unlocked or rooted :)

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: zaxharu

zaxharu

Oct 21, 2012
Yes you can unroot just by flashing a Stock Sony ftf over the current one via flashtool. Preferably the same firmware( without wiping)
Also, there is no flash counter in Xperia. If you have a locked bootloader and it is unrooted, there is no way to tell if you have unlocked or rooted :)

Thank you so much Sir. Sorry i got two new questions.

1. Is there a specific FTF file per region? im an Asian. and when i search for latest firmware. i only got C6833_14.3.A.0.757_CE.rar
2. Ive noticed that NFC Service always turned on even if i turned it OFF. When i check battery stats, its the second app that eats most of my battery. its next to screen. Do you have same issue?

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012

1. Is there a specific FTF file per region? im an Asian. and when i search for latest firmware. i only got C6833_14.3.A.0.757_CE.rar
2. Ive noticed that NFC Service always turned on even if i turned it OFF. When i check battery stats, its the second app that eats most of my battery. its next to screen. Do you have same issue?

No problems with NFC here.
There are different ftfs for different regions. But that's not a problem. You can flash any region's ftf for your specific model number. If your model is 6833, then download any .757 c6833 ftf and flash it. Have a nice day :)

Reactions: zaxharu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks,

Have a great day!

1.Maybe, if you do the wrong step.
    2.No
    3.Not sure
    4.Not sure
    5.Yes if you restore TA partition
    6.Yes

No problems with NFC here.
    There are different ftfs for different regions. But that's not a problem. You can flash any region's ftf for your specific model number. If your model is 6833, then download any .757 c6833 ftf and flash it. Have a nice day :)