[BREAKING NEWS] No ICS for Xperia PLAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
I love how a lot of people are saying they're going to switch to a different brand now. Yeah, as if you're gonna get better support from any of the other brands :rolleyes:

daniel090588

Feb 3, 2011
The gaming problem on ICS is not only for xperia play i have my arc s on GB cause a try ICS on it and the games closes without any reason and that is not a ICS problem also is not a Sony problem the galaxy nexus has the same gaming problems and that is the reason that some games are not still totally compatible with ICS plattaform, Xperia play runs ICS very well just like my arc s but in a phone that is buil for gaming Sony does not want to risk this capability jut to bring a problematic gaming update of ICS

Reactions: CTU_Loscombe

CTU_Loscombe

Apr 4, 2010
Sunderland
The gaming problem on ICS is not only for xperia play i have my arc s on GB cause a try ICS on it and the games closes without any reason and that is not a ICS problem also is not a Sony problem the galaxy nexus has the same gaming problems and that is the reason that some games are not still totally compatible with ICS plattaform, Xperia play runs ICS very well just like my arc s but in a phone that is buil for gaming Sony does not want to risk this capability jut to bring a problematic gaming update of ICS

FINALLY!!! Someone who speaks sense :)

jerses

Jan 11, 2010
I think if Microsoft had a big issue with hardware not working on a particular model of PC/laptop/netbook then they should not allow an update to a later OS. My netbook has issues with the Windows 8 beta and if Microsoft decided that it wouldnt allow 8 to run on it, I would understand.

You are right. Microsoft does not allow an update to a later OS if its not worth it...but microsoft its not telling you "for sure all the products from X line of product will get an upgrade" then 4 months later when people start asking questions about the release date they tell you "yes , yes its right on time.may /june you will get the upgrade" then they release a video so you can see that its already coming or that they are working on it. Then the month of the release comes and they tell you.. "oh im sorry hardware is not working, no update".....shouldnt that be like priority one to see if its possible before making a press release??? Its not right. Its not right to tell you and keep you waiting till the day/month of the release date. or what? they found out yesterday that ICS is not going to run smooth?

If the laptop comes with a sticker that says "windows 8 upgradable" and microsoft decided that it wouldnt allow 8 to run...will you understand it? Will you say "im ok" even when you invested in a machine that clearly say its upgradable.

Im angry not that i will not get ICS, im angry at sony for always making this kind of statements then retract. They did the same with the x10 froyo-gingerbread "no upgrade, hardware no good" devs got it working and a year later sony releases a stable gingerbread upgrade...too LATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To all the people jumping on the "f*** you Sony!" bandwagon

There is no point, at all, in getting angry about this. They rolled out the beta as a way for the community to test and give feedback on what works and what doesnt. It did what a beta is designed to do. Unfortunately for Sony, the gamepad on the Play came back and kicked them right where it hurts. Id rather have a gaming device that works than one that doesnt.

To put it simply: All PS3/Xbox/PC users. Imagine if Sony or Microsoft rolled out a new OS that looked nice BUT......Controllers/Keyboard and Mouse support didnt work. Sure, you have a nice looking OS but the chief reason for buying the machine is gone.

People in here need to calm the hell down. Its not, I repeat, NOT...Sonys fault

Just read an article yesterday saying the same thing, then there was a reply from a Sony Rep saying that Xperia PLAY is still on track for ICS, and that the reason for the missing Xperia PLAY from the list was due to a typo. I am trying to find the article now and will post the link here, but the Rep said that the PLAY was totally getting ICS. The Xperia Arc S and Neo have the same and or similar specs and that there was no reason that the PLAY would not get it.

This is not the article but still wanted to post. Read the last two posts, claiming that a VZ Rep told them that ICS was coming sometime in June/July to R800x....(I smell BullSh!t)
    I find GB on the Play to be 100% satisfactory and unless ICS can offer a significant functional and or performance benefit on my xPeria Play I will not be burdoning my device with it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess but I'm not convinced the latest is always the greatest ... Seems to be a plethora of individuals trying to convince Sony and every other manufacture that they "must have ICS" and if they don't get it then some great injustice has been dealt to them personally and may as well have been jabbed in the eye with a red hot poker ;)

P.S. Bad hair day :)
    No! Gameing works allmost fine on ICS Beta only GTA3 does not work they could ask Rockstar to fix it. Sony was definetly lazy.. Also they could give us what they actually have like a newer ICS beta if they dont want to make it official.
    Fact is the Xperia Play runs fine with ICS and it would give us so many possibilitys (n64oid/Joystick center). It makes touchpad input also better so maybe more games would be optimized. Acceptable performence is definetly possible aswell, look at htc one v wich runs very smooth due the new adreno drivers games can be smoother than on GB.
    Developers are there but they come and they go, i dont think we will ever have fully working AOSP based rom or a fully smooth beta based rom... time flys and no one buys the play anymore, devs are looking forward to get high end devices...

News flash, no one bought the Play to begin with. The phone was basically a flop, and although Sony mismanagement didn't help, there were more problems with ICS and games than just GTA III. As I mentioned above, if they released it broken tons of unaware people would update their phones, break half their games, and hate Sony immediately. They don't need any more bad will.

Aside from the fact the phone "just works" as is. Yes maybe not for the hacker community like us, but they need the main user experience to work, they can't cater to people like us.

To all the people jumping on the "f*** you Sony!" bandwagon

There is no point, at all, in getting angry about this. They rolled out the beta as a way for the community to test and give feedback on what works and what doesnt. It did what a beta is designed to do. Unfortunately for Sony, the gamepad on the Play came back and kicked them right where it hurts. Id rather have a gaming device that works than one that doesnt.

To put it simply: All PS3/Xbox/PC users. Imagine if Sony or Microsoft rolled out a new OS that looked nice BUT......Controllers/Keyboard and Mouse support didnt work. Sure, you have a nice looking OS but the chief reason for buying the machine is gone.

People in here need to calm the hell down. Its not, I repeat, NOT...Sonys fault

Exactly! Give this man a cigar!