Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zeroemd

Jul 23, 2013
Managua
Root fixed too (ramdisk problem).
You can download the flashable zip here: pa_mb526-4.45-20140802.zip
Sources on my github (i have still fews commits to push): https://github.com/chuck-

If for some reason you don't like mega or the link it's not working, please suggest another good host for uploading roms.
Remember that in order to flash the zip you need at least the recovery "defy_twrp_recovery_2.6.3.0.zip".
Note that the zip has no valid signature because the build system i used, so i modified the updater-script with Quarx's one for the moment -> disable signature check, if you have it enabled.

If you're coming from other roms, remember to format /system too.
You can use banks minimal gapps.

Credits to Quarx for his awesome work which makes all this possible, Kayant, Blechd0se and everyone who contributed at AOSPA, cyanogenmod, Defy development. Thanks a lot guys :victory: Donate to them if you can/want.

Let me know if it works, how it works or if something is missing.
-
Do you think i should open a new thread? I'm not sure because i don't know how long i will support this (slow connection + laptop to build = bad combination = a lot of time needed)

First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide us with a functional PA build, its because people like you the defy is alive today.

I am downloading the build and will report any issues.

DroidBot

Apr 7, 2013
Mumbai
Mega is blocked in India

Root fixed too (ramdisk problem).
You can download the flashable zip here: pa_mb526-4.45-20140802.zip
Sources on my github (i have still fews commits to push): https://github.com/chuck-

If for some reason you don't like mega or the link it's not working, please suggest another good host for uploading roms.
Remember that in order to flash the zip you need at least the recovery "defy_twrp_recovery_2.6.3.0.zip".
Note that the zip has no valid signature because the build system i used, so i modified the updater-script with Quarx's one for the moment -> disable signature check, if you have it enabled.

If you're coming from other roms, remember to format /system too.
You can use banks minimal gapps.

Credits to Quarx for his awesome work which makes all this possible, Kayant, Blechd0se and everyone who contributed at AOSPA, cyanogenmod, Defy development. Thanks a lot guys :victory: Donate to them if you can/want.

Let me know if it works, how it works or if something is missing.
-
Do you think i should open a new thread? I'm not sure because i don't know how long i will support this (slow connection + laptop to build = bad combination = a lot of time needed)

First of all thanks a lot for your great work and please keep updating rom as per you comfort.
I am from India, and Mega is blocked here. Please use google drive or any other site to upload Rom.
Thanks again.

57op

Jun 9, 2011
First of all thanks a lot for your great work and please keep updating rom as per you comfort.
I am from India, and Mega is blocked here. Please use google drive or any other site to upload Rom.
Thanks again.

Oh sorry, actually it's blocked even in Italy :\ I use google dns to make it accessible.
Sorry but at the moment i cannot upload (i'm not home).
I hope somebody can upload the build to another host and share here.
edit mirror added here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54567395&postcount=140

Last edited:

DroidBot

Apr 7, 2013
Mumbai
Oh sorry, actually it's blocked even in Italy :\ I use google dns to make it accessible.
Sorry but at the moment i cannot upload (i'm not home).
I hope somebody can upload the build to another host and share here.

Oh okk, no problem at all. :)

First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide us with a functional PA build, its because people like you the defy is alive today.

I am downloading the build and will report any issues.

@Zeroemd: can you please uplaod file to another host server, so anybody can download this file??

DroidBot

Apr 7, 2013
Mumbai
Hi all, I am running latest PA build (02082014) since yesterday and I have a short description about its performance:
-> Firstly, when I flashed this build, it was running quite slow for sometime (but it became smooth after some time).
-> When I was installing my first APK that is Titanium backup, some graphical glitches was appeared during installation progress (after this, NO glitches was there even at installing other apps).
-> Build is running very smooth NOW, and its performance is also nice.
-> Battery backup is little bit less as compared to CM11.
-> Overall I am happy with the first build after PA's comeback. :) :)

It's a request to @carlo93, please consider this feedback.
And my intention is not to focus on negative points, I wrote for just a feedback so developer can consider them and do his best for the next build.
Thanks a lot for your work @carlo93 :)

Last edited:

57op

Jun 9, 2011
Hi all, I am running latest PA build (02082014) since yesterday and I have a short description about its performance:
-> Firstly, when I flashed this build, it was running quite slow for sometime (but it became smooth after some time).
-> When I was installing my first APK that is Titanium backup, some graphical glitches was appeared during installation progress (after this, NO glitches was there even at installing other apps).
-> Build is running very smooth NOW, and its performance is also nice.
-> Battery backup is little bit less as compared to CM11.
-> Overall I am happy with the first build after PA's comeback. :) :)

It's a request to @carlo93, please consider this feedback.
And my intention is not to focus on negative points, I wrote for just a feedback so developer can consider them and do his best for the next build.
Thanks a lot for your work @carlo93 :)

in newer builds i will use the same toolchain (gcc archi 4.8) that uses Quarx in his build, maybe perfomance'll get better who knows.

It looks very promising, I recommend opening a new thread for the new version ..!
sure, i think it's better a new thread :)

today paranoid 4.5 beta 1 was released.
i don't think they pushed their changes on github (except from android_system_vendor_pa which modifies the build number). i have synced my repos and built but i still cannot use the new "recent card stack view" :confused:

Casper1982

Mar 20, 2013
La Pampa

The rom works fine, what I have seen is that the flashlight (torch) does not work, what else is excellent, great work
... I support you :good:

DroidBot

Apr 7, 2013
Mumbai
The rom works fine, what I have seen is that the flashlight (torch) does not work, what else is excellent, great work
... I support you :good:

+1

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

in newer builds i will use the same toolchain (gcc archi 4.8) that uses Quarx in his build, maybe perfomance'll get better who knows.

sure, i think it's better a new thread :)

today paranoid 4.5 beta 1 was released.
i don't think they pushed their changes on github (except from android_system_vendor_pa which modifies the build number). i have synced my repos and built but i still cannot use the new "recent card stack view" :confused:

Nice, I am waiting for new recents. :)
And yes, in next build, please make a new thread and mention download link there.
(A request, please upload build on Google Drive or any other server that runs worldwide. Mega is blocked in India.) :) :p

Zeroemd

Jul 23, 2013
Managua
It may be a good idea to make a new post as a DEVDB project, that way you can upload the rom to XDA servers and problem solved.

jassi32

Sep 24, 2011
INDIA
@carlo93 -- you did a awesome work , running build from day1 of release , no problems ,
I'm making a request to add bootmenu in next build because i hate aero controls , which 7/10 makes my device bootloop coz of vsel settings , in bootmenu i used to experiment till i get the stable one , but on aero control device won't even boot up ......

Build is stable -- make next build when some major changes comes and stable cm11 nightly is released ....
if u can , please rebuild the same current build with bootmenu if possible for you .....

Many Thanks

57op

Jun 9, 2011
@carlo93 -- you did a awesome work , running build from day1 of release , no problems ,
I'm making a request to add bootmenu in next build because i hate aero controls , which 7/10 makes my device bootloop coz of vsel settings , in bootmenu i used to experiment till i get the stable one , but on aero control device won't even boot up ......

Build is stable -- make next build when some major changes comes and stable cm11 nightly is released ....
if u can , please rebuild the same current build with bootmenu if possible for you .....

Many Thanks

i did nothing special, all the awesome work has been done by quarx and all other developers ;)

About bootmenu, i don't know. There was a flashable zip by YetAnotherForum user which adds the bootmenu to safestrap.
But he worked thanks to recovery.sh script which is now removed from safestrap.
Anyway, i'll keep in mind your request

Reactions: jassi32

jassi32

Sep 24, 2011
INDIA
i did nothing special, all the awesome work has been done by quarx and all other developers ;)

About bootmenu, i don't know. There was a flashable zip by YetAnotherForum user which adds the bootmenu to safestrap.
But he worked thanks to recovery.sh script which is now removed from safestrap.
Anyway, i'll keep in mind your request

hey thanks , i found the YetAnotherForum post where he explained about it ,
as i have no knowledge of linux , i didn't understand some parts ,
i am posting the link here , whenever you have time, please check is it safe to flash on top of the current rom ,
because if i messed up in bootloop or anything i don't have my laptop to start from rsd ...

Thanks

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50882400&postcount=3149

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you :p
    * Also no eta's as am not a dev and solving bugs will be hard for me and this is done for fun....Thanks to 
    Steve kondik for his nice sense of comedy :)

450j1ot.jpg

AOSPA 4.0+ PARANOIDANDROID [beta]
    Kitkat 4.4.2 KOT49H android-4.4.2_r1

Download ROMS from DOWNLOAD HERE

Mirror here (Thanks to UncleDan) --> http://www.uncledan.it/android-files/motorola-defy-2ndboot/

1. DOWNLOAD YOUR ROM

2. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BANKS 4.4 GAPPS PACKAGE - BANKS

3. FULL CLEAN WIPE (If coming from another rom/android version) - * system, cache & dalvik* or USE @TJKV safewipe script - Here

4. FLASH ROM & GAPPS

5. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK

5. RUN INITIAL SETUP & REBOOT

GIT
    GERRIT
    COMMUNITY + CHANGELOGS
    More Installation instructions, tips & Changelog

Installation Instructions coming from stock
    • If you are coming from stock OS (must be rooted with CWM) or an old build of GB, ICS, or JB then flash "defy_twrp_recovery_2.6.3.0.zip" from the links under downloads.
    • Wipe /data, /cache, and /system in TWRP or use defy_safewipe.zip (Credits to @YetAnotherForumUser for the wipe script)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Gapps
    • Reboot

Root Instructions
    • Go to Settings -> About phone
    • Tap on Build number 8 times
    • Go back to settings and go to Developer options
    • Enable Root for Apps or Apps & ADB per your choice

Bugs
    • Known bugs on CM11 by Quarx2k [here]
    • FM radio not supported at the moment
    • Some graphical issues from time to time. Happens in AOSP builds also Fixed now thanks to @steven676 & @struq for the heads up.
    • Tell me more if you find it ;)

Changelog
    ART Runtime
    ART is experimental, please do not report any bugs while using it.
    • The banks gapps supports ART.
    • Flash the ROM only and boot it up once, switch to ART.
    • Reboot into the ROM. This bootup takes a long time.
    • Reboot to recovery and flash ART compatible gapps and any other addon
    • Reboot

Thanks & Donations

Donations

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser
    to Quarx
    to Blechd0se

Thanks

To all current/past moto & defy devs including @Epsylon3, @maniac103, @Quarx, @walter79, @czechop, @kabaldan @YetAnotherForumUser @Blechd0se, @SlugZero @TJKV and to anymore I missed sorry :p

Credit

To the Omni team as always for a great rom and vision
    To Google for providing us with awesomess
    To Moto not really :p but thanks for the defy it's pretty awesome
    To Goo for free hosting
    To XDA for always me to share my hobby.
    To @TJKV & @houstonn for shamelessly stealing their OP's :p
    Heads up.... New build coming tomorrow. So far so good I have not had any graphical issues yet... Also i disabled the low memory flag by default as it seems to preform better without it. I will also see if I can get a build of Omni ready .

Edit - spoke too soon on the graphical issues :p completely froze my phone had to remove the battery to reboot. Man I wish I knew where this problem is hopefully Quarx's can find a fix soon :)

Let's Go ^_^
    @Kayant Can I port this Rom to the Nexus One. It'd be much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Go mad :) Just a thanks in your OP if your are successful... Good luck :D

@TJKV @struq

I think the patch works because to make pvr crash and cause the glitches if I have a lot of apps running then switch to tapatalk or dailer it usually appears with the patch it doesn't :). The error log still appears in logcat but it doesn't result in any graphical glitches.

I will be uploading the build now for people who want it :)

Also look forward to Omni rom coming soon ;)
    Hi there,
    i'm trying to bring to you a fresh build of paranoid android (with 4.4.4 source tree).
    As far as i'm talking, i have a working build but it has some bugs/lacks such as not working theme engine, reboot when setting a new background image (o_O), defy parts not showing up in settings, voice quality filters and maybe other things i'm not noticing.
    The last two should be easy to bring because we can use Quarx2k code.
    About the first two i really don't know what to do, i will try with a clean build.

I will keep you updated