Pojoman vs. HTC - The race of the "delayed" 2.2 software fix.

Search This thread

Rose4uKY

Sep 7, 2009
Louisville
Update is out from your phone to go from .3 to .6

My friend called me tonight and said his phone automatically got the update. It was showing on his phone to update. I had checked mine earlier just for the heck of it after reading this thread and it wasn't there. And mine is checked to auto find updates or whatever but I manually clicked on update and there it was it said FOTA not OTA 2.2 blah blah blah and now I have the official .6 build. I am glad! Don't know if I'll see a difference from the .3 but I just wanted the official one. I was having worse battery problems but found out that the Facebook app was causing it and then they made an update and my battery got better. So anyway check your phones for the update and this way you won't lose everything.

eaglesfanone

Jun 17, 2010
PRI Version

so i used the RUU image restore tool to go from .3 to .6. i checked what software information people had when they got the OTA fix from HTC and i saw that the PRI Version i have (1.34) is different than what they have (1.40). First off, is this a big deal at all, and second is there a way this can be fixed?

b0ricua

Jul 3, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yes, the earlier pri version supposedly yields slower data speeds than 1.40. Theres a bounty currently at $445 for someone which can figure out how to upgrade the pri to 1.40 on rooted phones...

Sent from my Evo 4g using XDA app

Rose4uKY

Sep 7, 2009
Louisville
What is PRI? I just checked and I have 1.40 and I knowe my PRL updates the other day to 69 I had 68. But I wasn't sure what PRI was or did? I really don't even know what updating PRL does. But I thought it was something to do with roaming.

so i used the RUU image restore tool to go from .3 to .6. i checked what software information people had when they got the OTA fix from HTC and i saw that the PRI Version i have (1.34) is different than what they have (1.40). First off, is this a big deal at all, and second is there a way this can be fixed?

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
"PRI stands for 'primary rate interface' it's a telco standard for how voice and data is handled between the user and the telco switch (probably the cell tower in this case) It also defines the number of available channels per phone trunk...

It's a throwback to the 'wired' days before wireless, but it's probably implemented in a similar fasion...."

Rose4uKY

Sep 7, 2009
Louisville
Oh thanks, I thought PRL had something to do with roaming and cell towers wasn't even sure on that but really didn't know what PRI was. Now I do!

"PRI stands for 'primary rate interface' it's a telco standard for how voice and data is handled between the user and the telco switch (probably the cell tower in this case) It also defines the number of available channels per phone trunk...

It's a throwback to the 'wired' days before wireless, but it's probably implemented in a similar fasion...."

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
not sure if it means anything in the REAL WORLD now a days, the way that having a updated PRL does, especially if you travel/roam alot...

Way too many things to know about cell phones now a days!

whitedrizzle

Aug 15, 2010
After i install this update for some reason my phone will no longer roam on verizon network, i kept getting a message that phone is not recognized. I'm updated prl several times, rebooted the phone and even called sprint. they have no clue whats going on with the phone. phone it self is set to auto roam option. can someone help?

Deefburger

Sep 13, 2010
Is this the fix for "Main version is older!"???

Is this to fix the problem with trying to root with PC36IMG.zip when it says "Main version is older!"?

Or should I use an RUU for 3.28.651.1? My phone shipped with 3.28.651.6.

My Specs:
Adroid Version 2.2
Baseband Ver.- 2.15.00.07.28
Kernel Ver. - 2.6.32.15-g746f4f0 htc-kernel@and18-2 #58
Build - 3.26.651.6 CL218634 release-keys
PRI - 1.40_003
PRL - 60670

sport_biker

Sep 29, 2010
flashing ROM to OEM

I downloaded the Sprint ROM (which was horribly slow) and tried to install it until 3 am...i had to get up at 5. It kept giving me the same error saying the usb cord wasnt connected. I had the newest version of htc sync installed and it still failed.

I want my OEM stock phone back and Sprint said they couldnt help. Anyone? how do I get my old phone back, unrooted. I dont care about losing everything!

HELP!

Thanks!

mattchew86

Jul 1, 2008
Ohio
"....this will allow your computer to recognize your EVO's usb connection."

THIS is the problem I ran into when I first tried running another RUU. Let's see if this will work now.

Would you recommend running Sync in the background when I do the "update"?