What's your next phone going to be? It's been a good run EVO.

Search This thread

djdlp

Jul 29, 2010
Florida
I've decided after comparing the 4g LTE, I am goinng to wait to see if the Samsung G S3 is goinng to be available in the Quad core version, if not I'll get the Evo LTE.
But I do like how the G S3 looks and performs.

flex360

Sep 22, 2010
I've decided after comparing the 4g LTE, I am goinng to wait to see if the Samsung G S3 is goinng to be available in the Quad core version, if not I'll get the Evo LTE.
But I do like how the G S3 looks and performs.

quad core phones doesnt work in the usa

lilman355

Apr 22, 2011
quad core phones doesnt work in the usa

It's not that they don't work, but that most processors any company has made never seem to work with LTE. But we don't know if Samsung will get the 4412 exynos working for U.S. LTE radios. I assume they will because usually a company will announce that a new processor will be in it, especially so close to launch in the U.S. HTC did the same thing

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
Get the 4g lte:D imo its way better than the galaxy s3. I preordered mine right when the page told me I could:)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

rigel1326

Apr 10, 2012
I think it has to do with my next plan. Either way want a new toy soon. probably drop around. 250 on it used off a reputable site

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reminder, this is the Evo 4G forum.

Maybe that trick is possible on the Evo 3D, but on the OG Evo, the volume controls are on a rocker and cannot both be selected at the same time (unless the phone is completely disassembled).

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    Um, I have an EVO 4G, and have used this method. Also, in the stock recovery, it's the same method used to bring up the Menu. Try it. You can do it anytime, and the phone should reboot. I wouldn't know anything about other devices as this is the only one I own. I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your device (I assume you checked before telling me flat out that I'm wrong), but it does work.

Current ROM (BootManager Slot 5): MikG v3.11 w/Gradient Theme - Kernel: ca1ne-Underworld-v0.1-SBC
    Sprint is aware that a lot of the Evo owners are coming off contract. I am betting the Galaxy Nexus will be coming out before we fall off contract to entice renewal.

That's what I will be going with.
    Not due till July so ill wait it out for the EVOX/jewel haven't heard to many good things from gnex owners

Pleasantly Mad.
    Sprint is aware that a lot of the Evo owners are coming off contract. I am betting the Galaxy Nexus will be coming out before we fall off contract to entice renewal.

That's what I will be going with.

I had the Galaxy Nexus as a company phone, and I have to admit... it's too big.

422739_618313742968_82701312_32142128_449229230_n.jpg

While I can one-hand the EVO and reach any part of the screen, you can't do that with the Nexus unless you have gargantuan hands.

On that note, it really irritates me that every Android handset-maker thinks bigger phones are the way to go. The reason Apple hasn't gone bigger than 3.5" or whatever is that they know people's hands aren't that big. I f*cking hate that company with a passion, but they sell millions of 3.5" touchscreens. The EVO's 4.3" is perfect for me, and I cannot stand that the newest flagship Android phones are 4.7"+. I was excited that the One S was 4.3", but that's not coming to Sprint. :mad:

It's also a pain in the ass turning off 4G LTE on the Nexus... requires no less than 3 button presses, and that's after setting up a Tasker widget to take me to the proper menu. I trust that an HTC LTE device will have a nice simple toggle widget.

My answer to the question posed in this thread, though, is that I have no idea. I'll be waiting to see what Sprint comes up with, but my expectations are pretty low right now. I want HTC hardware, 4G LTE, and a 4.3" (or slightly smaller) screen. Simple requirements, I know, but apparently too complicated for Sprint to carry.
    Random thoughts about the next phone I'm considering:

Watching a review of a TN ICS ROM on the ET4G made me weak in the knees for a sec, but then the thread about users bricking their phones brought me back.

Galaxy Nexus is getting a Touchwiz 4 and Sense 4.0 port, so that will be a very interesting development to monitor.

Lastly, I wonder how many of the current Evo 4G developers will be able to upgrade when the next Evo is announced. I know many of the past developers have already flocked to the 3d, so development for the new HTC phone might initially be a little slow. I also saw a headline today announcing a rumor that chip issues may cause HTC One delays.

The et4g rocks bricking is hard to do unless you are illeterate there are literally about 50 threads of ppl bricking and how/why so others can avoid it quite simply don't use touch recovery and before going back to gb from ice use ODIN and do not just restore and nandroid and you won't have any issues the bricks happen because the data partitions are slightly different and recovery won't adjust them but ODIN will

We are legion, for we are many

Sent from my Anonymous DeathStar in the depths of GalaXy S2